Search found 55 matches

by porcupine
Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:58 pm
Forum: Releases
Topic: Factorio Roadmap for 0.17 & 0.18
Replies: 765
Views: 610962

Re: Factorio Roadmap for 0.17 & 0.18

lordaeron1 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:47 pm
stated as January 2019... what date exactly? can't wait to get back to factorio.
Likely some date before 01-Feb-2019 :).
by porcupine
Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:04 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #259 - Scan-codes, Prototype IDs, HR worm
Replies: 98
Views: 9090

Re: Friday Facts #259 - Scan-codes, Prototype IDs, HR worm

If those worms are now 'tunnelers' rather than completely stationary... How about underground migration where only the worms are capable of this stealth approach. A very slow migration and radar can detect them within range. Turrets etc can shoot them if they are detected, otherwise they're capable...
by porcupine
Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:34 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #259 - Scan-codes, Prototype IDs, HR worm
Replies: 98
Views: 9090

Re: Friday Facts #259 - Scan-codes, Prototype IDs, HR worm

I hope we can see a few new types of enemies for 0.17. I didn't see it on the road-map, but for all of us who need an adversary to feel the game-play has purpose, the very limited biter options leaves one wanting. I'd love to see a flying enemy of some sort (of even if worms puked up something that ...
by porcupine
Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:23 pm
Forum: Releases
Topic: Factorio Roadmap for 0.17 & 0.18
Replies: 765
Views: 610962

Re: Factorio Roadmap for 0.17+

My guess is not before December. But it could easily be March of next year or later. So if you want to play, I'd start a 0.16 game rather than waiting. (If you want to keep things fresh consider playing Bobs + Angels or Seablock (which includes Bobs and Angels) or some other mod set. Yeah my last p...
by porcupine
Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:11 am
Forum: Releases
Topic: Factorio Roadmap for 0.17 & 0.18
Replies: 765
Views: 610962

Re: Factorio Roadmap for 0.17+

Koub wrote:
porcupine wrote:Anybody have any info towards when 0.17 experimental will drop?
I'd say not even the devs :)
Not even a ballpark?! Secrecy only does favors for so long!
by porcupine
Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:02 pm
Forum: Releases
Topic: Factorio Roadmap for 0.17 & 0.18
Replies: 765
Views: 610962

Re: Factorio Roadmap for 0.17+

Anybody have any info towards when 0.17 experimental will drop? I want to start a new game (haven't played through since .15, but I don't want to start until .17 so things don't get stale!). I tried to search the forums for hints, but for some reason it can't properly match "0.17", "*.17", etc., so ...
by porcupine
Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:23 am
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #247 - Pricing and its exploits
Replies: 141
Views: 18581

Re: Friday Facts #247 - Pricing and its exploits

As far as I'm concerned, posting the trailer to satisfactory is as good as an endorsement (aside from the words spoken, which clearly were). IMHO, this is the mark of a true pro. Factorio being superseded by Satisfactory isn't realistic, they're still substantially different game-play styles. Having...
by porcupine
Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:47 am
Forum: Angels Mods
Topic: Spawn rare Bob's ores
Replies: 5
Views: 1094

Re: Spawn rare Bob's ores

I know this is a old post and such... but I started a game with Angels (having played with just Bob's before), and ended up digging around the forums trying to figure out why all of the ores had gibberish names (I didn't see the merit/value of this, until I saw some recipes, that make it look like 4...
by porcupine
Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:06 pm
Forum: Bob's mods
Topic: [0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion
Replies: 817
Views: 101356

Re: [0.16.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

fishycat wrote:yep, is X1.5 and X2 now. Would it be too much with X2 and X3 of the base X 25k?

edit: ah, yes, happy new gear to all :D
I think that'd be overkill.

The whole point of the tuning changes was because the fluid wagons were OP, or rather just too damn big. It's still quite large after all.
by porcupine
Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:08 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: Please make trains able to run over evolved aliens
Replies: 60
Views: 8352

Re: Please make trains able to run over evolved aliens

sathill wrote: I need that info badly. I love democracy.
This made me laugh, love it, for some reason all I can picture is team America world police.
by porcupine
Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:30 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: Please make trains able to run over evolved aliens
Replies: 60
Views: 8352

Re: Please make trains able to run over evolved aliens

I don't think trains should run "over" aliens. Instead they should be able to shove them off to the side. There should still be some damage, on both sides, but less damage and less loss of momentum. So a train should be able to cut through a few behemoth bitters but not kill them. And if it doesn't...
by porcupine
Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:56 pm
Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
Topic: 5 minute implamentation, literally
Replies: 0
Views: 243

5 minute implamentation, literally

Mods in Factorio have come a LONG way. The mod page is great, but what's not great, is the fact none of the text is select-able when looking at a mods details in the mod menu (IE: name, description, status, enabled, etc.). You should be able to select that block of text, copy/paste/etc. But the real...
by porcupine
Fri May 26, 2017 2:05 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: Please make trains able to run over evolved aliens
Replies: 60
Views: 8352

Re: Please make trains able to run over evolved aliens

Avoid narrow passages. For example: A train track that runs though a forest will be used by biters as a walking trail. Nevertheless I second this proposal. Please let trains kill or move aside everything in their way I spent a bunch of time making a smart train loading/unloading outpost BP (with he...
by porcupine
Thu May 25, 2017 2:44 am
Forum: Gameplay Help
Topic: Train Roundabouts
Replies: 59
Views: 13517

Re: Train Roundabouts

Yeah, that's the exact style I was using, the one that deadlocks :D. It'll deadlock if the train tries to switch stations (in the opposite direction say) while in the round-about, trying to do a 270 degree (or more) turn. Even with chain signals, it'll deadlock on its own last car (even if there's ...
by porcupine
Wed May 24, 2017 4:11 pm
Forum: Gameplay Help
Topic: Train Roundabouts
Replies: 59
Views: 13517

Re: Train Roundabouts

I tried to recreate the roundabout you spoke of. Most people don't put signals inside the roundabout, but in this case putting chain signals should help. For example for 2 trains coming from the same direction, 1st wants to turn left and the other turns right. The 2nd train will already enter the r...
by porcupine
Wed May 24, 2017 5:55 am
Forum: Gameplay Help
Topic: Many stations, one name
Replies: 22
Views: 15969

Re: Many stations, one name

I mean what would your wait condition be on the train side? I think the idea is that it would sit at it's last station, waiting for a destination to become available. I've had some issues implementing my version of how I understand this, however. That's why my method has a dedicated wait station/qu...
by porcupine
Tue May 23, 2017 11:49 pm
Forum: Gameplay Help
Topic: Many stations, one name
Replies: 22
Views: 15969

Re: Many stations, one name

To follow-up, for anybody reading out there, I made a few tweaks. Latest station (4 car train, because 2 car train was making *way* too much traffic on the network once you had a few dozen trains running, short turns, etc). Station: 0eNrlXU1v20gS/S88Lqws+7vb2F0gc9vrTG6LwJAlxiZWX6CoYIPA/31JyrIlktV61X...
by porcupine
Tue May 23, 2017 11:25 pm
Forum: Gameplay Help
Topic: Train Roundabouts
Replies: 59
Views: 13517

Re: Train Roundabouts

@porcupine Can you post me a screenshot or give me the blueprint string of your roundabout (or both)? I might be able to help so that they will no longer deadlock themselves every X minutes. Thanks for the offer. I already nuked the BP on the roundabout though. It was the smallest possible round-ab...
by porcupine
Sat May 20, 2017 7:24 pm
Forum: Gameplay Help
Topic: Train Roundabouts
Replies: 59
Views: 13517

Re: Train Roundabouts

While I would avoid roundabouts in general you may fix or drastically lessen your problem by adding chain signals at the NE, SE, SW, NW positions of the junction...Still I would go away from them as a whole. Playing a game now, where I've had all the iron/copper mines named the same, and written a ...
by porcupine
Sat May 20, 2017 3:31 am
Forum: Releases
Topic: Version 0.15.12
Replies: 103
Views: 25842

Re: Version 0.15.12

3) Single quantities of fuel can't be loaded into the reactor (since the number of fuel elements in the reactor cannot be sensed) I'd say you're wrong there. Since the reactors have a very specific/consistent burn rate on fuel (and you know when accumulators are in their charge cycle), I'd say you ...

Go to advanced search