Reposting this as a feature request since it's apparently not a bug .
TL;DR
The "visualize entity fluid pipelines" hotkey should attempt to run only for entities that have a "visualize pipelines" button in their UI.
What?
Currently, the "visualize entity fluid pipelines" hotkey attempts to ...
Search found 12 matches
- Sat Aug 22, 2026 10:31 pm
- Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
- Topic: [2.1] Stop "visualize entity fluid pipelines" hotkey from unnecessarily conflicting with other hotkeys
- Replies: 0
- Views: 242
- Sat Aug 22, 2026 9:05 pm
- Forum: Not a bug
- Topic: [2.1.12] "Paste entity settings" doesn't work when "Visualize entity fluid pipelines" set to same keybind
- Replies: 7
- Views: 622
Re: [2.1.12] "Paste entity settings" doesn't work when "Visualize entity fluid pipelines" set to same keybind
Hi, could I request a reevaluation on this? It is at the very least confusing and unintuitive behavior that the visualize pipelines hotkey attempts to run when used on crafting machines with a fluidbox, considering that:
The hotkey does nothing when used on a crafting machine.
Even if one wanted ...
The hotkey does nothing when used on a crafting machine.
Even if one wanted ...
- Wed Aug 05, 2026 3:54 pm
- Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
- Topic: Tree Signal
- Replies: 2
- Views: 476
Tree Signal
TL;DR
Please add a signal for trees in the "Environment" category of the signal selection menu.
What?
There are several environmental objects that are missing from the "Environment" signal category, such as trees, ashland trees, yumako trees, and jellystems. Ideally I would like to see them ...
Please add a signal for trees in the "Environment" category of the signal selection menu.
What?
There are several environmental objects that are missing from the "Environment" signal category, such as trees, ashland trees, yumako trees, and jellystems. Ideally I would like to see them ...
- Wed Aug 05, 2026 1:23 am
- Forum: Not a bug
- Topic: [2.1.12] "Paste entity settings" doesn't work when "Visualize entity fluid pipelines" set to same keybind
- Replies: 7
- Views: 622
Re: [2.1.12] "Paste entity settings" doesn't work when "Visualize entity fluid pipelines" set to same keybind
Also, do the cryo plant, foundry, biochamber, etc not also have fluidboxes?
EDIT: Figured it out. When the other crafting machine types have a recipe set that uses fluids, the copy/paste does also stop working. So I guess the fluidboxes are only active for those machines when a recipe that uses ...
EDIT: Figured it out. When the other crafting machine types have a recipe set that uses fluids, the copy/paste does also stop working. So I guess the fluidboxes are only active for those machines when a recipe that uses ...
- Wed Aug 05, 2026 12:54 am
- Forum: Not a bug
- Topic: [2.1.12] "Paste entity settings" doesn't work when "Visualize entity fluid pipelines" set to same keybind
- Replies: 7
- Views: 622
Re: [2.1.12] "Paste entity settings" doesn't work when "Visualize entity fluid pipelines" set to same keybind
Could you explain what you mean by this? Even with "visualize entity fluid pipelines" set to a non-conflicting keybind, using that hotkey on a chemical plant or oil refinery does nothing.Rseding91 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2026 10:37 pm Those crafting machines have fluidboxes which can be visualized.
- Tue Aug 04, 2026 10:34 pm
- Forum: Not a bug
- Topic: [2.1.12] "Paste entity settings" doesn't work when "Visualize entity fluid pipelines" set to same keybind
- Replies: 7
- Views: 622
Re: [2.1.12] "Paste entity settings" doesn't work when "Visualize entity fluid pipelines" set to same keybind
The bug is that they conflict. Since "Visualize entity fluid pipelines" only functions when clicking on a pipeline, there's no reason why they should conflict when clicking on a crafting machine.
Also, there's the fact that it works fine for every machine type other than those two. So again, it ...
Also, there's the fact that it works fine for every machine type other than those two. So again, it ...
- Tue Aug 04, 2026 8:37 pm
- Forum: Not a bug
- Topic: [2.1.12] "Paste entity settings" doesn't work when "Visualize entity fluid pipelines" set to same keybind
- Replies: 7
- Views: 622
[2.1.12] "Paste entity settings" doesn't work when "Visualize entity fluid pipelines" set to same keybind
I have "Visualize entity fluid pipelines" bound to shift + right-click. I have "Paste entity settings" bound to the same key combo as well (which is the default for that control).
When I try to copy & paste settings to an oil refinery or chemical plant, nothing happens. I checked the settings copy ...
When I try to copy & paste settings to an oil refinery or chemical plant, nothing happens. I checked the settings copy ...
- Thu Jul 23, 2026 8:38 pm
- Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
- Topic: Reduce friction when altering "import from" settings for space logistic requests
- Replies: 3
- Views: 496
Re: Reduce friction when altering "import from" settings for space logistic requests
+1
I'm not sure what exactly the ideal solution should be, but this is a point of friction that I also encounter regularly.
I'm not sure what exactly the ideal solution should be, but this is a point of friction that I also encounter regularly.
- Thu Jul 23, 2026 1:39 am
- Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
- Topic: Wait condition: "Full Items" / "Full Fluid" for mixed cargo/fluid trains
- Replies: 11
- Views: 1202
Re: Wait condition: "Full Items" / "Full Fluid" for mixed cargo/fluid trains
+1
I would also find this helpful
I would also find this helpful
- Sat Jun 27, 2026 5:48 pm
- Forum: Implemented Suggestions
- Topic: [2.1] Fix concrete recycling time and other inconsistancies.
- Replies: 26
- Views: 4397
Re: [2.1] Fix concrete recycling time and other inconsistancies.
+1. Personally I would also like to see the hazard concrete trick brought back in addition to this, since I don't see it as any different than the chest recycling trick for steel/iron. It feels extremely weird/inconsistent that the devs made an exception for just that one recipe specifically.
- Sat Jun 27, 2026 5:36 pm
- Forum: Implemented Suggestions
- Topic: Allow more filters in deconstruction planners
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2500
Re: Allow more filters in deconstruction planners
Bumping this. Especially now with Space Age, it's impossible to have a single deconstruction planner that removes *all* naturally generated debris (including cliffs, fulgora ruins, etc) while ignoring player-built structures. I find this extremely annoying personally, and there doesn't seem to be ...
- Sat Jun 27, 2026 1:52 pm
- Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
- Topic: Please bring back "Pipeline Visualizer on mouse-over" to 2.1
- Replies: 9
- Views: 1101
Re: Please bring back "Pipeline Visualizer on mouse-over" to 2.1
I agree the new system is overall better. Having to hover your mouse over a pipeline to visualize it was somewhat inconvenient, especially if you were moving around trying to follow a long & complicated pipeline. However, the current implementation is the worst of both worlds: having to open up a ...