Search found 40 matches
- Fri Sep 04, 2026 1:51 pm
- Forum: Gameplay Help
- Topic: Expected behaviour or bug in betweenplataforms trade?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1029
Re: Expected behaviour or bug in betweenplataforms trade?
Only workaround i saw is that the request and distribution need to be seperate so with the planet in between, since then planet and station requests are seperate due to import from planet only and the supply dropping to the planet with the hub requestion things and supplying it to buffer chests ...
- Wed Sep 02, 2026 9:25 pm
- Forum: Gameplay Help
- Topic: Inter-platform logistics not working for new platform
- Replies: 2
- Views: 508
Re: Inter-platform logistics not working for new platform
Aha! That was it. Thanks!
- Wed Sep 02, 2026 6:17 pm
- Forum: Gameplay Help
- Topic: Inter-platform logistics not working for new platform
- Replies: 2
- Views: 508
Inter-platform logistics not working for new platform
I figured I'd post this here before the bug reports section in case it's a case of me doing something incorrectly rather than an actual bug. Basically, I have a stationary space platform above Vulcanus that contains about 3k space platforms in inventory. I now want to create a new platform above ...
- Fri Aug 28, 2026 1:23 pm
- Forum: Bug Reports
- Topic: [2.1.17] Behavioural issue for automatic platform construction requests in combination with logistics groups
- Replies: 0
- Views: 386
[2.1.17] Behavioural issue for automatic platform construction requests in combination with logistics groups
TL;DR
An "auto-import for construction" request of 0 (zero) on a space platform triggers deliveries from the planet to fulfill non-zero platform-only logistics requests of the same item in other logistics groups.
What did I do?
The intention was to switch from producing space platforms on ...
An "auto-import for construction" request of 0 (zero) on a space platform triggers deliveries from the planet to fulfill non-zero platform-only logistics requests of the same item in other logistics groups.
What did I do?
The intention was to switch from producing space platforms on ...
- Mon Feb 10, 2025 2:53 am
- Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
- Topic: Names for rocket silos so requests can be scoped to certain silo groups
- Replies: 19
- Views: 6878
Re: Names for rocket silos so requests can be scoped to certain silo groups
This problem is one I insist on trying to solve for some reason lol
Here's a quick mock-up of the idea with combinators that I suggested earlier:
1. Zoomed out view of the roboports/silo setup
20250210033853_1.jpg
2. Zoomed in view of the intersection point
20250210034121_1.jpg
3. Blueprint ...
Here's a quick mock-up of the idea with combinators that I suggested earlier:
1. Zoomed out view of the roboports/silo setup
20250210033853_1.jpg
2. Zoomed in view of the intersection point
20250210034121_1.jpg
3. Blueprint ...
- Sun Feb 09, 2025 4:17 pm
- Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
- Topic: Names for rocket silos so requests can be scoped to certain silo groups
- Replies: 19
- Views: 6878
Re: Names for rocket silos so requests can be scoped to certain silo groups
Did you link to the wrong thread? That one seems to be related to cargo landing pads, which aren't involved in the silo -> platform transit.
No, I was just in a rush and failed to properly explain what I was thinking. I was referring to the suggestion of allowing us to select the behaviour of a ...
- Tue Feb 04, 2025 6:54 pm
- Forum: Not a bug
- Topic: Open menu button closes remote view even after remap
- Replies: 1
- Views: 725
Open menu button closes remote view even after remap
TL;DR
The settings menu is inaccessible from remote view if a character is on a planetary surface even if the corresponding key ("Toggle Menu") is remapped away from Esc.
What?
On mapping an alternative key for "Toggle menu" other than Esc, I had expected to be able to open the menu while ...
The settings menu is inaccessible from remote view if a character is on a planetary surface even if the corresponding key ("Toggle Menu") is remapped away from Esc.
What?
On mapping an alternative key for "Toggle menu" other than Esc, I had expected to be able to open the menu while ...
- Mon Feb 03, 2025 5:56 pm
- Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
- Topic: Names for rocket silos so requests can be scoped to certain silo groups
- Replies: 19
- Views: 6878
Re: Names for rocket silos so requests can be scoped to certain silo groups
The mall and its silos are already in a separate logistics network from the bulk export silos.
To prevent the mall's silos from being used to satisfy holmium plate requests, the mall would have to be isolated from its own silos, which means every produced item needs to be transported from the ...
- Sun Feb 02, 2025 11:51 pm
- Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
- Topic: Names for rocket silos so requests can be scoped to certain silo groups
- Replies: 19
- Views: 6878
Re: Names for rocket silos so requests can be scoped to certain silo groups
Waiting for an "overhaul" to completely change a core aspect of Space Age's logistics system doesn't seem like much of a plan -- have the devs even said they're considering such a thing?
No, I have no idea if the devs are considering it. I mentioned an overhaul here to imply that it's probably ...
- Sun Feb 02, 2025 7:09 pm
- Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
- Topic: Allow use to use "Z" to place modules one at a time in remote view
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3143
- Sat Feb 01, 2025 8:38 pm
- Forum: General discussion
- Topic: Seeking advice in co-op with non-gamer friends
- Replies: 12
- Views: 5049
Re: Seeking advice in co-op with non-gamer friends
It's interesting to see all the various pieces of advice and perspectives here. Thanks a lot! This gaming session isn't going to happen soon (if at all), so I still have time to prep my approach. Might post a follow up question here later.
- Sat Feb 01, 2025 11:46 am
- Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
- Topic: Way to toggle toggles en-masse
- Replies: 0
- Views: 974
Way to toggle toggles en-masse
TL;DR
A way to toggle entity checkboxes at scale, e.g. enable/disable "Request from buffer chest" on all requester chests in a bot mall to control priority, without having to stamp the (parameterized) blueprint again for each item.
Why?
My use-case is requester chests and the power of that ...
A way to toggle entity checkboxes at scale, e.g. enable/disable "Request from buffer chest" on all requester chests in a bot mall to control priority, without having to stamp the (parameterized) blueprint again for each item.
Why?
My use-case is requester chests and the power of that ...
- Sat Feb 01, 2025 5:10 am
- Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
- Topic: Names for rocket silos so requests can be scoped to certain silo groups
- Replies: 19
- Views: 6878
Re: Names for rocket silos so requests can be scoped to certain silo groups
While we wait for an overhaul to makes rocket logistics more train-like than logistic chest-like (requested in many forms, afaik), have you tried to play around with the logistic chest priorities? In my experience, SA makes it absolutely crucial to use buffer chests and requester chests ...
- Sat Feb 01, 2025 12:35 am
- Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
- Topic: Cargo landing pads should act more like buffer chests
- Replies: 18
- Views: 7106
Re: Cargo landing pads should act more like buffer chests
I can see the utility of introducing the ability to select behaviour, i.e. "passive", "active", "storage", and so on, but I think the current behaviour makes perfect sense in the context of the existing logistic chest prioritization chain. Rocket silos act as highest priority requester chests and ...
- Fri Jan 31, 2025 2:30 pm
- Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
- Topic: Ingame simple calculator
- Replies: 16
- Views: 19930
Re: Ingame simple calculator
Necro'ing because I was looking for something like this and found this topic. I have seen and understand all the alternatives suggested here, and they are all perfectly valid. I just have a strong feeling that the ability to do exactly what one would with text fields in a signal selector should be ...
- Mon Jan 27, 2025 2:07 am
- Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
- Topic: Add "Connect To Logistic Network" To Requester Chests
- Replies: 10
- Views: 6039
Re: Add "Connect To Logistic Network" To Requester Chests
+1 Was just about to make a post on this myself. I wanted to use this functionality to setup logistic network based quality upscalers that don't send lower quality items to the trash unless an overflow on a minimum storage threshold is met. I can still do this by connecting a nearby roboport to the ...
- Fri Jan 17, 2025 11:30 pm
- Forum: General discussion
- Topic: Seeking advice in co-op with non-gamer friends
- Replies: 12
- Views: 5049
Seeking advice in co-op with non-gamer friends
Hi folks, I'm looking for some social advice around Factorio. I've got nearly a 1000 hours in Factorio and would like to drag some friends down to ruin with me introduce some friends to the joys of making the factory grow. I've ruined someone's first forays into gaming before since I was ...
- Fri Jan 17, 2025 11:21 pm
- Forum: General discussion
- Topic: Gleba has killed the game for me.
- Replies: 467
- Views: 239862
Re: Gleba has killed the game for me.
Seeing all the problems people have had with Gleba was kind of validating. I think the direction the devs want to take with Gleba is fascinating but it is definitely still rough. There are already mods out there trying to play with different balance changes that I will check out once I'm done with ...
- Thu Jan 16, 2025 9:45 pm
- Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
- Topic: show gun turret range on map
- Replies: 12
- Views: 7575
Re: show gun turret range on map
+1 for toggle-able turret range display even when zoomed in (emphasis on toggle-able!) as well as other similar entities, e.g. fulgora lightning rods
- Thu Jan 16, 2025 1:02 pm
- Forum: Modding discussion
- Topic: Basic mod template
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5226
Re: Basic mod template
D’oh, I didn’t realize GitHub doesn’t show the “downstream” Repositories which use this Template under the Forks page. Here is one that adds Pipes capable of holding Plasma from fusion reactors, for example: OGorbitz/plasma-duct .
Yeah, I was quite baffled to see just a handful of forks ...