Search found 37 matches

by MiiNiPaa
Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:37 pm
Forum: Mods
Topic: [MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution
Replies: 897
Views: 91350

Re: [MOD 0.17+] Industrial Revolution (0.99.x)

I don't have a screenshot for it at the moment but when you have a grid of e.g. furnaces you can have the ore/ingots flow in alternating rows and the coal in columns (90° to the input/output bets). I mostly use it for mines, but it will work well for smelters too. https://i.imgur.com/sSG9BRz.jpg ht...
by MiiNiPaa
Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:42 pm
Forum: Mods
Topic: [MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution
Replies: 897
Views: 91350

Re: [MOD 0.17+] Industrial Revolution (0.99.x)

For some reason, inserters forget to feed fuel to furnaces smelting stone, other furnaces are unaffected. https://i.imgur.com/jEExlSk.png Since there are long burner inserters you can power them from the input belt if you put input and output belts on the same side. Sounds interesting but I don't qu...
by MiiNiPaa
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:20 am
Forum: Mods
Topic: [MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution
Replies: 897
Views: 91350

Re: [MOD 0.17+] Industrial Revolution (0.99.x)

I don't think I'd go through the effort of automating the lower tier intermediates. For example, large/small copper/bronze chassis. It'd be "good enough" to automate the basic components (rivets, rods, beams, plates), and hand-craft the last few steps. Same with copper and bronze pistons, both of w...
by MiiNiPaa
Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:19 pm
Forum: Mods
Topic: [MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution
Replies: 897
Views: 91350

Re: [MOD 0.17+] Industrial Revolution (0.99.x)

Shortcuts for blueprints and personal roboports are not unlocked with bronze bots. It is slightly annoying having to crash your monowheel to check if roboport is enabled.
by MiiNiPaa
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:34 am
Forum: Mods
Topic: [MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution
Replies: 897
Views: 91350

Re: [MOD 0.17+] Industrial Revolution (0.99.x)

Why do trains need a combustion engine? I would have thought there would be steam locomotive first. After all it runs on wood or coal so a combustion engine (which would normally use fossile fuel) makes little sense in the iron age. Steam engines are combustion engines. External combustion engines,...
by MiiNiPaa
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:52 pm
Forum: Mods
Topic: [MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution
Replies: 897
Views: 91350

Re: [MOD 0.17+] Industrial Revolution (WIP)

What if belts were the reward for bronze age crafting? Take anything that uses copper gears and replace them with bronze gears. Hand filling during the stone/copper age doesn't seem to be too big of a deal since it's already needed for feeding inserters/burner machines anyway. I disagree. Nothing i...
by MiiNiPaa
Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:07 pm
Forum: Mods
Topic: [MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution
Replies: 897
Views: 91350

Re: [MOD 0.17+] Industrial Revolution (0.9.x)

enchant wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:51 pm
MiiNiPaa wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:45 pm
Doing this without adjustable inserters is actually fun.
The inserter above the yellow belt assembler looks like it's reaching up-left. Is it having a stroke?
No it just likes to take long swings to the target
by MiiNiPaa
Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:45 pm
Forum: Mods
Topic: [MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution
Replies: 897
Views: 91350

Re: [MOD 0.17+] Industrial Revolution (0.9.x)

Automated yellow belt production. Next step: motors. Image

Doing this without adjustable inserters is actually fun.
by MiiNiPaa
Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:40 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #175 - Programmable Speaker
Replies: 88
Views: 20084

Re: Friday Facts #175 - Programmable Speaker

Would be there a way to disallow global sound playback for everyone but selected group of people? On public servers there always will be that one person, who thinks that everyone want to hear constant ringing in their ears.
by MiiNiPaa
Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:08 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #159 - Research revolution
Replies: 248
Views: 51224

Re: Friday Facts #159 - Research revolution

Andrzejef wrote:You bought me with that, really - yet I am afraid 5 locos might not be enough - 8 looks more like it
Do not forget about needing several parallel tracks to run it.
by MiiNiPaa
Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:42 am
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #144 - The gfx report
Replies: 99
Views: 27182

Re: Friday Facts #144 - The gfx report

LotA wrote:Anyway i expect the release to happen later, probably this evening/night
TheTom wrote:European Lunch Time is my early estimate
Seems like it would be released in evening
by MiiNiPaa
Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:28 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #144 - The gfx report
Replies: 99
Views: 27182

Re: Friday Facts #144 - The gfx report

Is... Is there a side picture of the train car?
malecord wrote:From this statement The Question naturally follows: will we be able to build dicks in Factorio?
Well, Now I know what shape my new train hub station will be.
Don't be silly, it is not a sandbox game until you can build a dick in it.
by MiiNiPaa
Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:55 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #142 - Playtesting
Replies: 132
Views: 35992

Re: Friday Facts #142 - Playtesting

Nah. I expect release to be June 30 at 23:59 UTC+2. Saves from dissapointment. Anything earlier is unexpected surprise.
by MiiNiPaa
Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:44 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #142 - Playtesting
Replies: 132
Views: 35992

Re: Friday Facts #142 - Playtesting

If you limit your factory pollution, so it stops spreading, and destroy nests already influenced by pollution, then no new biters will attack (as long as you prevent base-building. I do not rememeber if non-aggravated bases send builders).
by MiiNiPaa
Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:24 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #142 - Playtesting
Replies: 132
Views: 35992

Re: Friday Facts #142 - Playtesting

Pollution itself can decrease, but it impact on evolution factor is irreversible. In fact, even single forge, completely surrounded by trees, so pollution will never escape the chunk will eventually provide enough pollution to inctease evolution factor up to 1.
by MiiNiPaa
Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:55 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #142 - Playtesting
Replies: 132
Views: 35992

Re: Friday Facts #142 - Playtesting

I was wondering though, if a mod does an Evolution deduction, who will this work with this feature? To use round numbers, let's say the evolution factor is 30% = (Time 10%)(Pollution 10%)(Spawner kills 10%). IF a mod removes 6%. (exaggerated) , so the new evolution factor is 24%. What will the valu...
by MiiNiPaa
Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:34 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #142 - Playtesting
Replies: 132
Views: 35992

Re: Friday Facts #142 - Playtesting

Since its already implemented and in testing, I guess its too late for voting. As long as there are arguments provided in posts, it can give dev team new ideas to test, and it can lead to changes/improvements/scraping/remaking some aspects of the game depending on test results. So this kind of feed...
by MiiNiPaa
Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:09 am
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #142 - Playtesting
Replies: 132
Views: 35992

Re: Friday Facts #142 - Playtesting

Serge wrote:nah, the crane has to be a liquid loader. Otherwise, why would it have a crane?
Maybe because it is not a crane, but overhead rail signal?
by MiiNiPaa
Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:39 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #142 - Playtesting
Replies: 132
Views: 35992

Re: Friday Facts #142 - Playtesting

jorgenRe wrote:(Time 9%)(Pollution 57%)(Spawner kills 32%)
9+57+32 = 98 So what could be the fourth affecting thing that does 2% :o!?
Probably rounding errors: results are most likely truncated. Originally it could be something like 9.5 + 57.8 + 32.7
by MiiNiPaa
Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:01 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #142 - Playtesting
Replies: 132
Views: 35992

Re: Friday Facts #142 - Playtesting

In that case, you could have inventory in each of your armor sets so that you always have the items and tools that you need when you put that set of armor on... :?: That would mean that the inventory would not spill out onto the ground, but be carried around in the armor, which could be useful.. Th...

Go to advanced search