+1
After this, all that's left is linked rails /s
Search found 193 matches
- Tue Sep 15, 2026 8:14 pm
- Forum: Modding interface requests
- Topic: Linked heat pipe connections
- Replies: 1
- Views: 161
- Mon Sep 07, 2026 1:22 am
- Forum: Resolved Requests
- Topic: [2.0.77] ElectricEnergyInterface on LuaEntity
- Replies: 5
- Views: 456
Re: [2.0.77] ElectricEnergyInterface on LuaEntity
I think you're reading it wrong. It means it's been added since 2.0.77, so that's the last version without it.Fletch wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2026 2:30 pm There is a "new" note on it saying that it is "New since 2.0.77".
Am I reading the docs wrong, or just being stumped by a documentation note error?
- Mon Aug 24, 2026 7:31 am
- Forum: Modding interface requests
- Topic: An event for when a surface's pollutant type is changed
- Replies: 0
- Views: 199
An event for when a surface's pollutant type is changed
Now that you can set an override_pollution_type , mods that handle pollution in special ways might need to be aware of when it changes.
I specifically need it because I keep track specific entities and whether or not their chunk exceeds their working pollution range. The loop for this is pretty ...
I specifically need it because I keep track specific entities and whether or not their chunk exceeds their working pollution range. The loop for this is pretty ...
- Sat Aug 22, 2026 4:56 am
- Forum: Resolved Requests
- Topic: Example for new 2.1 probabilities
- Replies: 2
- Views: 351
Re: Example for new 2.1 probabilities
Specifically something like
-- 50/50 Always returns an item, with a chance of it being iron or copper plate
results =
{
{type = "item", name = "iron-plate", amount = 1, shared_probability = {min = 0, max = 0.5}},
{type = "item", name = "copper-plate", amount = 1, shared_probability = {min = 0 ...
-- 50/50 Always returns an item, with a chance of it being iron or copper plate
results =
{
{type = "item", name = "iron-plate", amount = 1, shared_probability = {min = 0, max = 0.5}},
{type = "item", name = "copper-plate", amount = 1, shared_probability = {min = 0 ...
- Wed Aug 19, 2026 2:54 am
- Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
- Topic: Highlight neighbouring reactors
- Replies: 0
- Views: 258
Highlight neighbouring reactors
TL;DR
Highlighting the reactors that are connected as neighbours during and after placement would increase legibility of what qualifies for the neighbour bonus.
What?
Entities that would connect because of NeighbourConnectable should be highlighted when you select one. I imagine it would work ...
Highlighting the reactors that are connected as neighbours during and after placement would increase legibility of what qualifies for the neighbour bonus.
What?
Entities that would connect because of NeighbourConnectable should be highlighted when you select one. I imagine it would work ...
- Thu Aug 13, 2026 10:41 pm
- Forum: Modding interface requests
- Topic: Chat API request: Ability to add a colored tag/prefix to player chat messages before render
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1012
Re: Chat API request: Ability to add a colored tag/prefix to player chat messages before render
The *tag* part is already part of the api: https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/classes/LuaPlayer.html#tag
Since it's just a string, you can use rich text to make it colored
I do still want some way to intercept and modify chat messages so I can prefix things like a timestamp on all messages, and ...
Since it's just a string, you can use rich text to make it colored
I do still want some way to intercept and modify chat messages so I can prefix things like a timestamp on all messages, and ...
- Wed Aug 12, 2026 7:30 pm
- Forum: Modding interface requests
- Topic: Add LuaGuiElement type for InventorySlot?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 360
Re: Add LuaGuiElement type for InventorySlot?
I can see it being a probelm to specify the slot though, since LuaItemStack doesn't always point at an inventory.
I always imagined it being an inventory and slot index pair. Didn't even consider the idea of using LuaItemStacks.
I also was considering fluidbox slots.. We know there's an ...
- Wed Aug 12, 2026 2:25 am
- Forum: Modding interface requests
- Topic: LuaGuiElement Inventory filter slots
- Replies: 5
- Views: 505
Re: LuaGuiElement Inventory filter slots
Would it be possible to add some way to render these psuedo-filters manually, like EmptySlotInfo per slot?
Ditto. A solution to be able to recreate this logic manually would be sufficient, and might in fact be a better resolution.
I can imagine it being used alongside someone's manual handling ...
- Tue Aug 11, 2026 9:18 pm
- Forum: Modding interface requests
- Topic: LuaGuielement ElemList tooltip type
- Replies: 2
- Views: 279
Re: LuaGuiElement ElemList tooltip type
Looks like I forgot that EmptySlotInfo already supports caption and text (2 of the 3 components)
Since my use case is empty inventory slots, It makes sense to just add it there and hard-restrict it to items.
Since my use case is empty inventory slots, It makes sense to just add it there and hard-restrict it to items.
- Tue Aug 11, 2026 9:12 pm
- Forum: Modding interface requests
- Topic: LuaGuielement ElemList tooltip type
- Replies: 2
- Views: 279
LuaGuielement ElemList tooltip type
Somewhat related to https://forums.factorio.com/77339 but smaller in scope, I want the ability to recreate the tooltip style used by furnace inputs, burner inputs, module slots, and maybe more.
08-11-2026, 15-08-47.png
I can see it either being an elem_tooltip type or a sister field, but it looks ...
08-11-2026, 15-08-47.png
I can see it either being an elem_tooltip type or a sister field, but it looks ...
- Tue Aug 11, 2026 9:00 pm
- Forum: Modding interface requests
- Topic: Add sprite faded_percent to LuaGuiElement
- Replies: 4
- Views: 426
Add sprite faded_percent to LuaGuiElement
The engine uses faded (desaturated?) sprites for filter slots, there does not seem to be any way for us to do the same for our sprites or sprite-buttons.
If the engine enables/disables it instead of applying some percentage value, I don't mind if it's is_faded instead.
Even if my requests (https ...
If the engine enables/disables it instead of applying some percentage value, I don't mind if it's is_faded instead.
Even if my requests (https ...
- Tue Aug 11, 2026 8:47 pm
- Forum: Modding interface requests
- Topic: Add LuaGuiElement type for InventorySlot?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 360
Add LuaGuiElement type for InventorySlot?
This is a far fetched request, I understand. I'll give you my use case because I can see ways it'd be implemented with the currently existed Inventory element.
I'm trying to recreate the crafter gui (I fear the point where I start considering the remote GUI) because I have a compound entity that ...
I'm trying to recreate the crafter gui (I fear the point where I start considering the remote GUI) because I have a compound entity that ...
- Tue Aug 11, 2026 8:27 pm
- Forum: Modding interface requests
- Topic: LuaGuiElement Inventory filter slots
- Replies: 5
- Views: 505
LuaGuiElement Inventory filter slots
Standard filter slots work fine, but when pointing at an inventory that's filtered in an alternative way (eg crafter input) it does not appear. I request there be some mechanism to support these filters, which I understand might be difficult depending on current code structure. Alongside this ...
- Tue Aug 11, 2026 8:04 pm
- Forum: Implemented mod requests
- Topic: Inventory GUI element
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1518
- Tue Aug 11, 2026 8:01 pm
- Forum: Implemented mod requests
- Topic: Gui element that shows script inventory
- Replies: 9
- Views: 1797
Re: Gui element that shows script inventory
In my process of looking for duplicate requests about expanding the functionality of our new Inventory LuaGuiElement, I found this request.
This can be moved into implemented with 2.1.7
This can be moved into implemented with 2.1.7
- Mon Aug 10, 2026 5:54 am
- Forum: Resolved for the next release
- Topic: [Lou][2.1.14] FluidWagonPrototype base_valve_offset issues
- Replies: 8
- Views: 829
Re: [2.1.14] FluidWagonPrototype base_valve_offset issues
From protocol, since his account isn't working right now: Upon further investigation, it seems that the offsets don't function properly when the opposite axis for the other direction is 0 or nil, i.e. the vertical y offset will not function when the horizontal x offset is 0. I haven't checked but ...
- Fri Aug 07, 2026 2:07 am
- Forum: Modding interface requests
- Topic: make LuaEntity::loader_container writeable
- Replies: 3
- Views: 765
Re: make LuaEntity::loader_container writeable
+1
I'm making a compound entity so I can pretend an entity has multiple energy sources. To make the internal burners accessible I'm making specific input ports out of loaders, which means they'll inevitably overlap with the main entity. There might be a specific way to get them to link to the ...
I'm making a compound entity so I can pretend an entity has multiple energy sources. To make the internal burners accessible I'm making specific input ports out of loaders, which means they'll inevitably overlap with the main entity. There might be a specific way to get them to link to the ...
- Wed Jul 29, 2026 11:06 pm
- Forum: Documentation Improvement Requests
- Topic: Required Prototypes Auxillary Page
- Replies: 3
- Views: 481
Required Prototypes Auxillary Page
I am here to ask for an auxiliary page to list the required prototypes, eg: the 'out-of-map' tile. I feel there should be sections for each grouping of required prototypes; "core" for always required prototypes, "space_travel" for the prototypes required with the "space_travel" feature flag, etc ...
- Mon Jul 13, 2026 1:43 am
- Forum: Implemented mod requests
- Topic: A sibling API to play_sound: play_music
- Replies: 35
- Views: 8782
Re: A sibling API to play_sound: play_music
It seem difficult to mod without redoing the whole system, so i thought i would just suggest a "clicking" sound.
I don't think it would be. At a minimum, doing a linked control might be enough.
If not, you can play a sound if it and on_player_music_changed happen in quick succession.
- Fri Jul 03, 2026 3:15 am
- Forum: Implemented mod requests
- Topic: New TriggerEffectItem for Creating Pollution
- Replies: 5
- Views: 979
Re: New TriggerEffectItem for Creating Pollution
That sounds like you should be defining the entity . Since the trigger fires from a tile, there is no entity to use by default.
The failure to create pollution when it fails to find an entity does sound like a bug, which you should be reporting over in Bug Reports . Although I can see an argument ...
The failure to create pollution when it fails to find an entity does sound like a bug, which you should be reporting over in Bug Reports . Although I can see an argument ...