Automation 2 research cost inconsistent

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Wingdvampire
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Automation 2 research cost inconsistent

Post by Wingdvampire »

I was playing a new game (0.15.9) railworld setup with no biters and i noticed that when I pocket crafted 40 red science packs and added this to the research building, After those 40 packs were consumed the research was only half done. after thinking i made the wrong amount of science packs i crafted another 20 and that again only gave me another quarter of the progress bar. Then I looked at the research after it was finished and noticed that the research takes 40 stacks of 2 instead of the assumed 40 science packs. I don't know if it is a bug, a typo or what but it was not consistent with the rest of the research.
Attachments
Picture of Automation 2 requirements
Picture of Automation 2 requirements
issue with science.jpg (374.19 KiB) Viewed 7318 times

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Automation 2 research cost inconsistent

Post by Shokubai »

Is consistent with many items in the tree which require more than 1 pack of some type per cycle.

Rail Stuffs
Inserter Capacity
Advanced Oil
Cars
Grenade Damage
Combat Robot Damage
Military 3-4

and probably several I'm not thinking of.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

There are actually other researches that require 2 stacks of red science, but I agree, this is, as far as I know, the only instance of a research costing multiple of only 1 science pack.

I think one of the effects of costing 2 instead of 1 is that it will consume the pack twice as fast, which could also be accomplished by halving the research time. So there's really no reason why it should cost 40 stacks of 2, rather than 80 stacks of 1.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

I changed the automation and fluid wagon. I also changed the automation icon to use the production icon, so it is not mistaken with logistics.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”