Don't filter ghost entities in circuit connections

mickael9
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Don't filter ghost entities in circuit connections

Post by mickael9 »

The game supports circuit connection between normal entities and ghost entities (they can be created as usual with connect_neighbour and the connections will work when the ghost entity gets built), but ghost entities are always excluded from the circuit_connected_entities/circuit_connection_definitions which basically means they can only be set.

I would like :
  • Circuit-connected ghost entities to appear in the source circuit_connected_entities/circuit_connection_definitions
  • Ghost entities having circuit_connected_entities/circuit_connection_definitions (currently nil) just like normal entities

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Don't filter ghost entities in circuit connections

Post by Therax »

mickael9 wrote:The game supports circuit connection between normal entities and ghost entities (they can be created as usual with connect_neighbour and the connections will work when the ghost entity gets built), but ghost entities are always excluded from the circuit_connected_entities/circuit_connection_definitions which basically means they can only be set.

I would like :
  • Circuit-connected ghost entities to appear in the source circuit_connected_entities/circuit_connection_definitions
  • Ghost entities having circuit_connected_entities/circuit_connection_definitions (currently nil) just like normal entities
Can I request this also? In Bulk Rail Loaders, the entity in blueprints is a proxy that is replaced when built with another functional entity. I would like to preserve circuit connections present in the blueprint, but there is currently no way to tell if the newly built proxy entity should be connected with a nearby ghost that has not yet been revived.
Miniloader — UPS-friendly 1x1 loaders
Bulk Rail Loaders — Rapid train loading and unloading
Beltlayer & Pipelayer — Route items and fluids freely underground

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Therax »

Is this under consideration for 0.17?
Miniloader — UPS-friendly 1x1 loaders
Bulk Rail Loaders — Rapid train loading and unloading
Beltlayer & Pipelayer — Route items and fluids freely underground

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

The main problem is the connection is not part of the real entities. It's only stored on the ghosts. So, when you ask the game "what wires are connected to this entity" it tells you everything it knows.

You'd have to asks the ghost "what wires are you connected to" in order for it to work. That is, if that even worked.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Rseding91 wrote:You'd have to asks the ghost "what wires are you connected to" in order for it to work. That is, if that even worked.
It would certainly be a big step towards supporting "complex entities" in mods. Even if that means i have to find_entities_filtered{type='ghost',radius=wire_reach_of_my_proxy} and ask all the ghosts myself every time.

Return to “Implemented mod requests”