[0.12.25] Further improvements to MP mod/version mismatch

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
tetryon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.12.25] Further improvements to MP mod/version mismatch

Post by tetryon »

Happy to see this: viewtopic.php?t=20427

However, with a large list of mods the window fills the screen from top to bottom, making it so it's not possible to see or know if there are additional mods missing.

How about making it so the window is scrollable, and a fixed (but large) size. Possibly with version numbers.

The bigger problem though? I can't close the window, so I have to restart Factorio...

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/HNH9fAS

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.12.25] Further improvements to MP mod/version mismatch

Post by judos »

This is a minor problem, you need to restart the game anyway. So you can easily update your mod list and try again and the list should be already much shorter.

tetryon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by tetryon »

judos wrote:This is a minor problem, you need to restart the game anyway. So you can easily update your mod list and try again and the list should be already much shorter.
I get what you're saying, but in this instance I had simply intentionally attempted to connect to the wrong server.
Users who have the correct mods installed, but connect to the wrong server shouldn't have to forcefully (through the OS) quit the game to connect to the right server.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

I believe you can just press ESC to close the message, but yes, the scrollbar should be there.

tetryon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by tetryon »

kovarex wrote:I believe you can just press ESC to close the message, but yes, the scrollbar should be there.
I tried esc on 0.12.26 and it does not work. Not fixed yet.

(Esc also isn't as intuitive for some players - the majority of players have a hard enough time figuring out the chat key in MP - most run around silent until an existing player tells them it)

Also, there's a typo, for example:

SmartTrains is only the server.

Should be something like:
SmartTrains is only on the server.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”