[0.12.x] [kovarex] Inventory/Crafting screen scrollbar

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
DesertSpud
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.12.x] [kovarex] Inventory/Crafting screen scrollbar

Post by DesertSpud »

I'm trying to play at 4k resolution and after finding a comfortable level for the GUI scaling I get a scroll bar on the crafting portion of the inventory screen. If it scrolled with the mouse I'd probably just deal with it... but it doesn't. It seemed to line up with the bottom row of the inventory (when set to 120 by Bob's Mods) so I tried increasing the inventory size to 180. Screenshot shows the situation following that test.

The scrollbar appears when I push the scaling above 130% (IIRC), it did not rely on the screen resolution being 4k vs 1080. The bar does not show up when I disable bob's mods because there are significantly less icons to show on each crafting tab.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Inventory/Crafting screen scrollbar

Post by kovarex »

Hello, I'm unable to reproduce the problem. I tried gui scale 150% and some mods to make the scroll bar appear and it still work properly for me. Do you have some more exact instruction how to reproduce it?

DesertSpud
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.12.x] Inventory/Crafting screen scrollbar

Post by DesertSpud »

I'm sorry, I don't understand what part you could not reproduce. You said you have the scroll bar, can you scroll it with the mouse? Is there a large blank grey space under the area with the scroll bar? I achieved that by increasing the inventory size to 180 for testing purposes.

The problem isn't the scroll bar appearing, the problem is that there is space for the icons to show, but the scroll bar appears anyways. I have to click and drag the bar, mouse scroll does not work. Ideally I would have all the icons show up (no scroll bar) or as a back-up the scroll bar could scroll using buttons/mouse wheel (clicking and dragging every time I go to that tab is annoying).

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Well, I'm able to use the scroll bar there, do you have the mouse in the recipe area?

With the 180 slot inventory. Well, the proper solution would be, to add scroll bar also to the inventory so it doesn't make the window too big, which I can do.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

kovarex wrote:Well, I'm able to use the scroll bar there, do you have the mouse in the recipe area?

With the 180 slot inventory. Well, the proper solution would be, to add scroll bar also to the inventory so it doesn't make the window too big, which I can do.
If you're going to be doing that you'll probably want to get the Container inventory GUI as well :)
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

DesertSpud
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.12.x] [kovarex] Inventory/Crafting screen scrollbar

Post by DesertSpud »

kovarex wrote:Well, I'm able to use the scroll bar there, do you have the mouse in the recipe area?

I was wanting no scroll bar, it is my preference to have the crafting window be large enough to show all the items at once. There is still a TON of open space left on my screen. I tested again, just in case I was being an idiot, using the scroll wheel on the mouse while the pointer was over the crafting area did not work. I have to click and drag the bar.

Red box showing what I'm talking about, scaling at system default 175%: (Please right click and open in a new tab to see the whole thing)

If I reduce the scaling to the point where the scrollbar is gone, things are very hard to click because of how small they are, scaling at 111%:

You'll notice in both cases all 180 inventory slots are visible, only the crafting area is cut off when the scaling is raised.

I don't play with an inventory that large, it was just for the test. Bob's mod sets it to 120, which is more than enough I think.

Rseding91 wrote:If you're going to be doing that you'll probably want to get the Container inventory GUI as well :)
I can't find this mod, or any mod that alters the basic layout of the inventory/crafting screen. Where is it?

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Thanks for the report.

It is fixed for 0.12.16 now. There was hardcoded limit of 800 pixels (little bit more because of resolution based scaling of values) of the height of the recipe limit.

The limit was removed and there were also made changes, so the inventory gui is scrollable as well when needed (when the screen can't hold it).

DesertSpud
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DesertSpud »

Excellent! Thank you!

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Excellent, I approve of this.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Twisted_Code
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Twisted_Code »

bobingabout wrote:Excellent, I approve of this.
Naturally, since your mods add 9001 items... not that I'm complaining, of course. I'm just pointing out the (hopefully) obvious :-)
How to report bugs effectively (archived version)because everyone should know this.
The game's tech tree, a visual reference guide.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”