[0.12.8] [kovarex] Game crash when loading a save with modified mods

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Athmagor
Inserter
Inserter

[0.12.8] [kovarex] Game crash when loading a save with modified mods

Post by Athmagor »

It seems the issue reported in another forum (https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 25&t=15440) has not been resolved.

I am modifying a set of mods (Bob's Mods) for my personal use. When trying to load a save game the game crashes within 3-4 seconds due to some interaction between an assembling machine and inserters.

Environment:
Windows 7 x64
Factorio versions - 12.5, 12.6, 12.7, x64 (confirmed also on 12.7 Win32)
Crash log from x64
Crash log from Win32
Savegame and a mod zip:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

Repro - just load a game and wait. Within 3-4 seconds the game freezes and then crashes. Upon loading there is a message box about removal of many items - this is expected as the modification is still a work in progress. Additionally I removed a lot of items to simplified the mod content and still have a repro.

The same gamesave is fine when loaded with the original set of mods.

Note: The game itself loads _much_ faster when the mod is unpacked.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.12.8] [kovarex] Game crash when loading a save with modified mods

Post by kovarex »

Woa, it took me most of the day to get through this one, as I was on the wrong lead for most of the time.

This actually revealed pretty big problem related to assembling machines, that could become whenever recipes are changed and assembling machines used these.

Basically, whenever recipe is changed (it now happens only when you change mods, but in the future, we plan it to be possible to change it in game through research), this problem would arise.

Anyway, thank you for the report and the files, it is fixed for 0.12.8

Athmagor
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Athmagor »

kovarex wrote:Woa, it took me most of the day to get through this one, as I was on the wrong lead for most of the time.

This actually revealed pretty big problem related to assembling machines, that could become whenever recipes are changed and assembling machines used these.

Basically, whenever recipe is changed (it now happens only when you change mods, but in the future, we plan it to be possible to change it in game through research), this problem would arise.

Anyway, thank you for the report and the files, it is fixed for 0.12.8
Glad to be of help :) Congratulations on squishing that one down!

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Athmagor wrote:Note: The game itself loads _much_ faster when the mod is unpacked.
Hm, I had to investiage this problem. And it is now fixed for 0.12.9. Zip packages will load as fast, or even faster than the unpacked version in 0.12.9

Athmagor
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Athmagor »

kovarex wrote:
Athmagor wrote:Note: The game itself loads _much_ faster when the mod is unpacked.
Hm, I had to investiage this problem. And it is now fixed for 0.12.9. Zip packages will load as fast, or even faster than the unpacked version in 0.12.9
Super sweet :D

The crash problem is confirmed as fixed.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”