[0.12.1] [posila] Over-zealous personal bots

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[0.12.1] [posila] Over-zealous personal bots

Post by sillyfly »

I noticed this now - a few of the bots from my personal roboport were going on very *very* long repair trips, giving up after a while and returning to charge, only to go back to repair some very-far entity, way beyond the range of my personal roboport.

I'm not sure how this happened, but what I assume is I was driving a tank and hit a tree, then a bot was dispatched to repair the tank. Because I was driving too fast the bot couldn't keep up, and eventually caught up with me after I left the tank.

The correct behavior (as I see it) should be - when the bot comes back to charge it should re-evaluate, to see if the original target is still in construction area, and if not - give up and return to player's inventory.

TL;DR - personal roboport bots will pursue targets outside construction range, if they ran out of juice while trying to reach them.

Unic
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.12.1] Over-zealous personal bots

Post by Unic »

i would like to see that the personal roboport only starts robots when your vehicle is not moving. I have this a lot while fighting and all my bots are killed by the enemy. They even cant repair me, because iam moving, so its pointless to start them while moving.

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sillyfly »

Just posting to say that a. this still exists in 0.12.2; and b. this also happens when personal bots construct, not only repair.

Chi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Chi »

Unic wrote:i would like to see that the personal roboport only starts robots when your vehicle is not moving. I have this a lot while fighting and all my bots are killed by the enemy. They even cant repair me, because iam moving, so its pointless to start them while moving.
I hope they fix this, it's incredibly annoying!

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”