[0.12.x][v0.12.7] Bob's Enemies Mod

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

The 6th damage type (Orange) should

Poll ended at Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:58 am

Stay as Impact
23%
Change to Electric
77%

Total votes: 13

Metalface7
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.12.x][v0.12.7] Bob's Enemies Mod

Post by Metalface7 »

Is it possible to obtain the new artifacts from regular biter and spitter spawners? I'm playing with lower alien base frequency and richness settings than the default (with RSO) and all I've gotten are the vanilla and small vanilla artifacts. I saw in a youtube series that the player was getting all colors of the new artifacts from all spawners, but that was also an earlier 0.12 version of factorio.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Metalface7 wrote:Is it possible to obtain the new artifacts from regular biter and spitter spawners? I'm playing with lower alien base frequency and richness settings than the default (with RSO) and all I've gotten are the vanilla and small vanilla artifacts. I saw in a youtube series that the player was getting all colors of the new artifacts from all spawners, but that was also an earlier 0.12 version of factorio.
Do you have new artifacts enabled in the config?
By default it should be, but check it out.
(Config Mod)

Metalface7
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Metalface7 »

TheSAguy wrote:
Metalface7 wrote:Is it possible to obtain the new artifacts from regular biter and spitter spawners? I'm playing with lower alien base frequency and richness settings than the default (with RSO) and all I've gotten are the vanilla and small vanilla artifacts. I saw in a youtube series that the player was getting all colors of the new artifacts from all spawners, but that was also an earlier 0.12 version of factorio.
(Config Mod)
They are enabled. That was the first thing I checked. Would the Rescaled Evolution Factor mod change things at all?

Edit: tried removing RSO, and it worked. The issue appears to be that RSO is preventing Bob's spawners from being generated.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Metalface7 wrote:
TheSAguy wrote:
(Config Mod)
They are enabled. That was the first thing I checked. Would the Rescaled Evolution Factor mod change things at all?

Edit: tried removing RSO, and it worked. The issue appears to be that RSO is preventing Bob's spawners from being generated.
Are you using an older RSO version? Because it works with everyone else :P

Metalface7
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Metalface7 »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Metalface7 wrote:
TheSAguy wrote:
(Config Mod)

Are you using an older RSO version? Because it works with everyone else :P
I'm running RSO 1.5.6. Tried it again using different enemy settings and it worked - I didn't realize that it was only the elemental spawners and enemies that dropped the new artifacts, and I just needed to go further out to find the elemental spawners.

killfalcon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.11.22/0.12.x][v0.12.3] Bob's Enemies Mod

Post by killfalcon »

crysanja wrote:something funny.

biters fighting each other !
guess it happens when an aoe from a spitter hits another spitter/biter.
does not happen that often, but i have seen it.
I've seen this as well: in fact, I've seen multiple enemy bases consumed in unending civil wars, with artefact drops spilling out to the edges of the chunk and murdering my FPS. It does make it easier to kill the bases, mind. :mrgreen:

Not sure there's anything you can do about it: I assume the default AI code assumes all damage comes from the player or your own minions, and never considered alien AoE.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

It seems that only way to prevent this currently is to make sure that enemies don't do aoe.
Since enemies can attack obstacle they have trouble pathing around it leads to big civil wars :D

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

orzelek wrote:It seems that only way to prevent this currently is to make sure that enemies don't do aoe.
Since enemies can attack obstacle they have trouble pathing around it leads to big civil wars :D
FYI, Veden wrote me some code that has fixed this in my NE Enemies mod.
Here is the code

Code: Select all

-- check for civil war 
    if event.force ~= nil then
        if ((event.force.name == "enemy") and (event.force.name == event.entity.force.name)) then
            if NE_Enemies_Config.allowCivilWar then
                -- let the enemy die but prevent loot drop
                event.entity.destroy()
            else 
                -- check if player or player things are near the area of combat
                local playerBattle = false
                local battleRadius = 60
                local playerObject = event.entity.surface.find_nearest_enemy({position = event.entity.position,
                                                                              max_distance = battleRadius,
                                                                              force = "enemy"})
                if playerObject ~= nil then
                    playerBattle = true
                end

-- get bitters that have been affected by splash damage
                local deathRadius = 8
                local enemyEntities = event.entity.surface.find_entities_filtered({area = {{x = event.entity.position.x - deathRadius, y = event.entity.position.y - deathRadius}, 
                                                                                           {x = event.entity.position.x + deathRadius, y = event.entity.position.y + deathRadius}}, 
                                                                                   force = "enemy"})
                if not playerBattle then
                    -- kill around dead enemy to quell war
                    for _, enemyEntity in ipairs(enemyEntities) do
                        if (enemyEntity.type == "unit") and (enemyEntity.has_command()) then
                            enemyEntity.destroy()
                        end
                    end
                else
                    -- retarget each splash affected bitter to enemies first, then they might turn on themselves once everything around them is dead
                    local searchRadius = 60
                    for _, enemyEntity in ipairs(enemyEntities) do
                        local newTarget = event.entity.surface.find_nearest_enemy({position = enemyEntity.position,
                                                                                   max_distance = searchRadius,
                                                                                   force = "enemy"})
                        if newTarget ~= nil then
                            if (enemyEntity.type == "unit") and (enemyEntity.has_command()) then
                                enemyEntity.set_command({type=defines.command.attack, 
                                                         target=newTarget})
                            end
                        end
                    end
                end
            end
        end
    end

Recon777
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Recon777 »

I'm 40 some hours into my first Bob's Mod playthrough, and I've finally got power armor. But something I'm very curious about is these massive weapon and armor upgrades in the game. In vanilla, the only weapon you really need is the flamethrower. If you have power armor 2, and enough legs and shields, you can kite enemies and burn down any size nest in seconds.

But Bob's Mods have some really elaborate and advanced weapons and armor. Does this mean that the enemies are proportionately more difficult? I hope so. Because if not, then all these great weapons are for nothing.

How much more difficult than vanilla are the Bob's enemies? Can we expect a real challenge which actually necessitates the Bob's Warfare suite?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

It's been a while since I looked at stats, but I think my Titan is on par with base game Behemoth. then you have my Badass behemoth and Leviathan on top of that. Plus the others show up at lower levels, so yes, harder.

Also, the combat is basically designed around the 0.12 game, when the flamethrower basically just tickled the enemies, it has seen quite the buff in 0.13.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

arbarbonif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by arbarbonif »

The behemoth worms are freakin' terrifying. I have modular armor, tho no shields yet, and they one shot me. It's nice to know that my fear was fully justified. It was the third one that got me, they have almost but not quite the range of the sniper rifle...

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

At 82% evolution my Mk1 defensive laser turrets are really struggling to keep the waves under control. Also, with all the splash damage, roughly one lamp blows up every few minutes (I like to have my defensive wall well lit :) ). Also, not sure if it's RSO, Bob's or just base game updates, but I find biter expansion has become really aggressive. I've been clearing nests in the area regularly, but every so often I find a new nest that set up camp almost on my doorstep. Robot army is a welcome addition to this game (although squads of 50 terminators are already getting wiped out rapidly now :shock: ) And at 80% evolution, I haven't even figured out where Angel's mods have hidden away the gems, so upgrading those turrets is still a bit of a challenge too :lol:
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Boogieman14 wrote:I haven't even figured out where Angel's mods have hidden away the gems, so upgrading those turrets is still a bit of a challenge too :lol:
Good luck with that one! my first time trying to get some diamonds for personal use it took me about 2 hours to set up!

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

I'm just about starting on automating refining into the various ores, so far I've just been smelting the crushed ores straight into plates, doing a tiny bit of sorting to get things like silicon, gold and aluminium. Desperately need to scale that up :lol: (and then i'm playing without bob's electronics and angel's petrochem, tried that in a previous game but that grew a bit over my head)
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Electronics is a cake walk compared to Petrochem

fractalman
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by fractalman »

Boogieman14 wrote:At 82% evolution my Mk1 defensive laser turrets are really struggling to keep the waves under control. Also, with all the splash damage, roughly one lamp blows up every few minutes (I like to have my defensive wall well lit :) ). Also, not sure if it's RSO, Bob's or just base game updates, but I find biter expansion has become really aggressive. I've been clearing nests in the area regularly, but every so often I find a new nest that set up camp almost on my doorstep. Robot army is a welcome addition to this game (although squads of 50 terminators are already getting wiped out rapidly now :shock: ) And at 80% evolution, I haven't even figured out where Angel's mods have hidden away the gems, so upgrading those turrets is still a bit of a challenge too :lol:
get geodes from the floatation process and process geodes into gems. You can also switch over to sniper turrets which have epic range and damage even at mark 1-it more than makes up for the crappy firerate.

MrGergoth
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MrGergoth »

Hello
Sry my english
Is there any way turn off drop small arctifact? Picking all drop with my high density enemy spawner settings is too boring

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Yes there is.

Use bobconfig, the config mod.

Currently it requires manually editing a text file, but with 0.15 it should be in a menu in game.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

MrGergoth
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MrGergoth »

-- Enemies mod

-- if set to true, Enemies will drop small versions of Alien Artifacts.
bobmods.config.enemies.EnableSmallArtifacts = false
Only this line, right?

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

I installed Loot Chest mod, much more convenient. Some still sneak into my inventory but it's not too bad, and you save a lot of running around. Then you can make a cool setup to sort the different colour artefacts and send the little ones off to be turned into big ones ^^
Boogieman14 wrote:Also, not sure if it's RSO, Bob's or just base game updates, but I find biter expansion has become really aggressive. I've been clearing nests in the area regularly, but every so often I find a new nest that set up camp almost on my doorstep.
I've never known them to be this aggressive in vanilla and I'm running just Bob's Mods and a few little helpers. Yeah from about 80% evolution (now at 90%) it's like I'll clear an area for a new outpost, run off to get some rails and by the time I come back they've moved in again! While building an outpost to process military hardware (long overdue MK5 laser towers, bots and diamond laser rifle ammo) I cleared the same nest four times.

Also is it just me or are Laser Robots somewhat underwhelming considering their build time and expense?
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

Return to “Bob's mods”