[0.17.34] Crash creating normal single player game

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
Bonghogger
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.34] Crash creating normal single player game

Post by Bonghogger » Thu May 02, 2019 12:36 am

First, multiplayer game works fine for me. I can join any game with reasonable ping.
Second, no mods are on my machine. I like playing the vanilla version just fine.

Now the problem:
I start the game, using menu hit play, new game, play.
No enhancement, no changes, no adjustments, just a normal game.
Hit TAB to begin and... a pause as the game tries to reveal the starting viewable square around the player, as seen in the minimap.
Error message pops up, game freezes, crashes out completely.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(472 KiB) Downloaded 3 times

DaleStan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.17.34] Crash creating normal single player game

Post by DaleStan » Thu May 02, 2019 2:41 am

I wonder if something is wrong with one of your blueprints. Does renaming or deleting blueprint-storage.dat make the game start?

If so, I'd upload that file so the devs can see it.

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TruePikachu » Thu May 02, 2019 9:27 pm

That does seem to be the case, something with a lamp.

Code: Select all

c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-oacria\src\util\logging.cpp (84): Logging::logAndAbortOrThrow
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-oacria\src\circuitnetwork\circuitconnector.cpp (357): CircuitConnector::disconnect
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-oacria\src\circuitnetwork\circuitconnector.cpp (730): CircuitConnector::~CircuitConnector
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FF77AF144C4)
00007FF77AF144C4 (Factorio): (filename not available): LampControlBehavior::`scalar deleting destructor'
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FF77B045801)
00007FF77B045801 (Factorio): (filename not available): Lamp::`scalar deleting destructor'
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-oacria\src\blueprint\blueprintentities.cpp (224): BlueprintEntities::clear
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-oacria\src\blueprint\blueprint.cpp (38): Blueprint::~Blueprint
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-oacria\src\blueprint\blueprintlibrary.cpp (655): BlueprintLibrary::applyTransferBlueprintData
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-oacria\src\gameactionhandler.cpp (3840): GameActionHandler::transferBlueprintData
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-oacria\src\gameactionhandler.cpp (322): GameActionHandler::actionPerformed
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-oacria\src\input\inputhandler.cpp (61): InputHandler::flushActions
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-oacria\src\gameactionhandler.cpp (365): GameActionHandler::update
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-oacria\src\mainloop.cpp (1139): MainLoop::gameUpdateStep
[…]
 149.131 Error CircuitConnector.cpp:357: Trying to disconnect circuit connector in inconsistent state.
Logger::writeStacktrace skipped.
 149.131 Error CrashHandler.cpp:177: Map tick at moment of crash: 2
Kudos for crashing it on tick 2, however.

Bonghogger
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Bonghogger » Thu May 02, 2019 11:55 pm

@ Dalestan
renaming the blueprint-storage.dat worked.
however, I now have no blueprints.... have I lost them all or?...

Bonghogger
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Bonghogger » Fri May 03, 2019 12:05 am

@ Dalestan
renaming the blueprint-storage.dat worked.
however, I now have no blueprints....
I'm uploading the blueprint file now

@TruePikachu
why kudos on tick 2?

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TruePikachu » Fri May 03, 2019 2:24 am

It's just silly that you managed to crash the game that soon into a new map. I actually consider it a noteworthy achievement, as someone who likes breaking some types of games.

Renaming the blueprint storage file "removed" your blueprint library, in the sense that it's still in that file, but it was crashing the game. If there isn't any major issue with the data itself, a developer can probably repair the file, and you'll get most if not all of your blueprints back.

I'll just reiterate a piece of advice I give people here: don't depend on the blueprint storage file remaining valid all the time. If a blueprint you have is really important to keep, make a backup of its blueprint string, possibly also throwing it onto a pastebin or such. For example, here's my heavily-engineered 800MW "Beta" reactor. While it's too late for you at this moment, it's almost certain that all of the blueprints can be recovered from the file, and you can start keeping backups once that's been handled.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex » Thu May 16, 2019 10:39 am

Hello, thanks for the report.
If you provide the blueprint library file to us, we can take a look on it and try to fix the problem. Until then, there is not much we can do.

Return to “Pending”