In a neighbouring thread we discussed the possibility of a loader-based N-splitter to complement the 2-splitter in base.
I did various experiments and thought i ended up with a working 1x1 3-splitter, but i just couldn't get it to stabilitze when not built manually. So yet another hour later i've determined that more than one splitter per tile works only if constructed in a very particular order, and only while the game is running. As soon as you load the game it breaks! And loading should never affect the game-state as far as i understand.
I've attached a video in case anyone thinks this is a photoshop joke. (A gif would be too large) Demo mod (contains minified loader and reduces chest collision_box): Demo savegame (it's not save stable, so this is the broken one...): Demo video (zipped because forum doesn't like .mkv): How to reproduce:
- Load the attached save+mod.
- Remove the inputting loader (west side), place it back down (blue side towards belt), rotate it to "input" mode.
- Remove and replace the inputting belt segment.
- Now it's a bit fiddly...
- Remove one of the other loaders (north/south work best) and place it back down. Then replace the belt segment that loader is connected to. If it worked continue. If it didn't try another loader+belt pair first.
- Do so for the other two loader+belt pairs.