[0.16] Logistic Carts

Topics and discussion about specific mods
dorfl
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 12:49 am

Re: [0.16] Logistic Carts

Post by dorfl » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:05 pm

nosports wrote: I did not got the electrical cart to move – need to check again, also fueling of the cart
Working on the docs for this:

https://gitlab.com/aerosuidae/logicarts ... ctric-cart
https://gitlab.com/aerosuidae/logicarts ... urner-cart
nosports wrote: I would include Akkumulator in the recipe to the electrical cart
It uses battery equipment and solar currently.
nosports wrote: Cart against tree gives combat, I just don’t know who ultimately will win, because my bot repaired the cart…..
I am ashamed to say I have already been killed by a cart while distracted :)
nosports wrote: It gave a chuckle last night when I noticed that I could insert 50 locos in this small single cart :lol:
Flat-pack locomotive kits, probably :) Much smaller that the real thing...

nosports
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:44 pm

Re: [0.16] Logistic Carts

Post by nosports » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:10 pm

dorfl wrote:
nosports wrote: I did not got the electrical cart to move – need to check again, also fueling of the cart
Working on the docs for this:

https://gitlab.com/aerosuidae/logicarts ... ctric-cart
https://gitlab.com/aerosuidae/logicarts ... urner-cart
nosports wrote: I would include Akkumulator in the recipe to the electrical cart
It uses battery equipment and solar currently.
nosports wrote: Cart against tree gives combat, I just don’t know who ultimately will win, because my bot repaired the cart…..
I am ashamed to say I have already been killed by a cart while distracted :)
nosports wrote: It gave a chuckle last night when I noticed that I could insert 50 locos in this small single cart :lol:
Flat-pack locomotive kits, probably :) Much smaller that the real thing...
ahh now it works.......

I set up the construction and a test area and dabbled a little
2018-07-14 13_42_07-Factorio 0.16.jpg
2018-07-14 13_42_07-Factorio 0.16.jpg (253.72 KiB) Viewed 315 times
2018-07-14 13_46_49-Factorio 0.16.jpg
2018-07-14 13_46_49-Factorio 0.16.jpg (80.59 KiB) Viewed 315 times
* I find the cost of the electrical too cheap because its powered without fuel
* research is also to cheap for my feeling
* speed is about just right
* i hope you will do a combat cart (like more armoured with only in cargo slot but extended Grid, it just calls for some personal defence placed in it) so then you can let them loose, or may be add a follower item so that the army of combat carts will follow you into the rampage
2018-07-14 13_58_01-Factorio 0.16.jpg
2018-07-14 13_58_01-Factorio 0.16.jpg (24.01 KiB) Viewed 315 times
2018-07-14 14_02_09-Factorio 0.16.jpg
2018-07-14 14_02_09-Factorio 0.16.jpg (32.45 KiB) Viewed 315 times
2018-07-14 14_01_25-Factorio 0.16.jpg
2018-07-14 14_01_25-Factorio 0.16.jpg (26.65 KiB) Viewed 315 times
* maybe the combat cart should stop when shooting ?
* place a paint around which the cart will circle around ever increasing the radius (but this you can blue print)

and considering the flat pack, i am pretty sure that are dried up locos which you need to add water to get it whole again 8-)

dorfl
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 12:49 am

Re: [0.16] Logistic Carts

Post by dorfl » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:33 pm

It would be a very slow rampage :)

Some new stuff I'm having fun with in my test city blocks base:

Flexible stops without logistics chests: https://gitlab.com/aerosuidae/logicarts ... stops-tech

Easy traffic routing without circuits: https://gitlab.com/aerosuidae/logicarts/wikis/stickers

Edit: Or an armoured kamikaze cart as a crawling bomb?

nosports
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:44 pm

Re: [0.16] Logistic Carts

Post by nosports » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:11 pm

dorfl wrote:It would be a very slow rampage :)

Some new stuff I'm having fun with in my test city blocks base:

Edit: Or an armoured kamikaze cart as a crawling bomb?
Slow depends on POI.......
But yes some kamikaze cart loaded with explosives triggered by very first obstacle seems nice and i think it will be not overpowered if the cost is right and will explode at first obstacle, may that be a tree stone hive or so

nosports
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:44 pm

Re: [0.16] Logistic Carts

Post by nosports » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:46 pm

and i found a nice use for the cart system.....

as i want to minize the infrastructure for far out small patches like this small uran ore patch which is way off from pickup-trainstation......
2018-07-14 20_19_30-Factorio 0.16.jpg
2018-07-14 20_19_30-Factorio 0.16.jpg (27.97 KiB) Viewed 304 times
Top left train pick up (was beside a large ore field
lower bottom the small additional ore field
two triangles for the two carts....

in combination with barreling the sulfuric acid i made a small operation with two cart (one for the barrels to and fro, secound one for the ore)

Ore - mine:
2018-07-14 20_21_57-Factorio 0.16.jpg
2018-07-14 20_21_57-Factorio 0.16.jpg (55.92 KiB) Viewed 304 times
unload and get new sulfuric acid
2018-07-14 20_20_09-Factorio 0.16.jpg
2018-07-14 20_20_09-Factorio 0.16.jpg (61.39 KiB) Viewed 304 times
Need to travese some rails
2018-07-14 20_21_24-Factorio 0.16.jpg
2018-07-14 20_21_24-Factorio 0.16.jpg (51.23 KiB) Viewed 304 times
due to the long way they are take considerably long, but that is not critical, and in the end could be helped with more carts
some arrows are not really needed but it keeps all more checkable
the nice outshining tile is defentively the drive-offroad-till-next without this it would be just another belt...

for this way one could want more cargo-space, but i think no not really :roll:

dorfl
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 12:49 am

Re: [0.16] Logistic Carts

Post by dorfl » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:18 pm

Nice :)

I rearranged some stuff in the latest release that will break your layout, but those group-specific tiles can be recreated with stickers.

nosports
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:44 pm

Re: [0.16] Logistic Carts

Post by nosports » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:34 pm

dorfl wrote:Nice :)

I rearranged some stuff in the latest release that will break your layout, but those group-specific tiles can be recreated with stickers.

certainly....
the two cart of the uran operation gone awol :lol: 8-)
had to search them
But its certainly a nice improvement... more clearly visible

Splicer9
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun May 06, 2018 6:28 pm

Re: [0.16] Logistic Carts

Post by Splicer9 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:17 am

This is probably a silly idea but perhaps a radar module for the equipment grid? Could reveal a small area on the map around the cart (in case radars arent in range or missing) and make it possible to load the cart up with fuel to send off in a direction to explore? I tried this earlier for fun hehe. Obviously not very useful on biter heavy maps.
What I'm describing would probably be better as a standalone mod, an 'Auto-Exploring Drone (or vehicle)' with its own sprite and may not be appropriate for this mod the more I think about it lol. May be more of an AAI type of thing.
Anyways, thanks again for this mod, its progressing nicely.
Last edited by Splicer9 on Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1497
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:52 am

Re: [0.16] Logistic Carts

Post by Arch666Angel » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:09 am

Splicer9 wrote:This is probably a silly idea but perhaps a radar module for the equipment grid? Could reveal a small area on the map around the cart (in case radars arent in range or missing) and make it possible to load the cart up with fuel to send off in a direction to explore? I tried this earlier for fun hehe. Obviously not very useful on biter heavy maps.
What I'm describing would probably be better as a standalone mod, an 'Auto-Exploring Drone (or vehicle)' with its own sprite and may not be appropriate for this mod the more I think about it lol. May be more of an AAI type of thing.
Anyways, thanks again for your this mod, its progressing nicely.
That would be something for an extra mod or modular equipment mod or something with a switch to turn on/off so you can choose if you want to have the ups draw :P

nosports
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:44 pm

Re: [0.16] Logistic Carts

Post by nosports » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:28 am

Splicer9 wrote:This is probably a silly idea but perhaps a radar module for the equipment grid? Could reveal a small area on the map around the cart (in case radars arent in range or missing) and make it possible to load the cart up with fuel to send off in a direction to explore? I tried this earlier for fun hehe. Obviously not very useful on biter heavy maps.
What I'm describing would probably be better as a standalone mod, an 'Auto-Exploring Drone (or vehicle)' with its own sprite and may not be appropriate for this mod the more I think about it lol. May be more of an AAI type of thing.
Anyways, thanks again for your this mod, its progressing nicely.
i tried this out also with 4 carts loaded with two personal defences (beside battery and some solars......
(see pic before)

would be fun if we had some 10 or 20 carts armoured and some personal defences heading off

dorfl
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 12:49 am

Re: [0.16] Logistic Carts

Post by dorfl » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:30 am

I think the radar won't happen in this mod :)

zzzzzig
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:54 pm

Re: [0.16] Logistic Carts

Post by zzzzzig » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:08 pm

I would love some kind of planner item that you could carry around instead of a bunch of paint squares. I'm thinking something similar to the AAI zone planning tool. So that its not free, it could use a paint charge item for every paint tile it places, and mined paint tiles would give back a paint charge. This would greatly reduce the count of the items you need to carry around.

Post Reply

Return to “Mods”