Feedback

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Feedback

Post by bobingabout » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:21 pm

Warrie wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:24 pm
bobingabout wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:05 pm
I don't know if it is something I can fix, because my inserters are just a copy of the base game inserters.

if the code in data has changed, then there's a chance some of my inserters (All of them if you're not using the overhaul, which it looks like you're not) may be effected, and I MIGHT be able to fix.

I'll have to take a look at some point.
Thanks for your fast reply.
That must be it then, your inserters use pre 0.15.14 base code, which was bugged. Im using all your mods except for the clock and character classes. 15+ the library. Game was full bobangel.

I just noticed you helped to identify the problem in the base game in that topic 3 years ago. Ironically only your mod still has the issue now. It took the devs 2 years to fix it, we can wait.
I had a look, and there's no significant difference between my (pre 0.15.14) code and the newer code. Some of the entries are in different orders, but everything that is in one, is also in the other on a 1:1 basis, so I don't see why mine wouldn't work, when the base game ones do.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.

Warrie
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Warrie » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:25 am

Twinsen wrote:
Wed May 24, 2017 4:02 pm
The problem was a bit deeper. The vector given to the atan2 was rotated imprecisely.

Fixed it in Version: 0.15.14.
Modded inserters that change vectors at run-time might still have this problem, but the base game now works properly.
In that topic i mentioned earlier, this seems a good direction from the dev who fixed it in vanilla. I dont know how inserters work, but might it be that the vectors you calculated for your inserters were based on this imprecise rotation?

Still this mod is an impressive work. It creates a lot of different design possibilities without really adding content (your other mods are for that).

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:51 am

Twinsen wrote:
Wed May 24, 2017 4:02 pm
Modded inserters that change vectors at run-time
To the game engine, there is no significant difference between an inserter added by the base mod, or a 3rd party mod. All the tags that are on "fast-inserter" are on "express-inserter", that was the only check I actually did. (The light blue one in logistics mod when overhaul is turned off, looks like your bottom left one)
as for the "change vectors at run-time" part, you're using the GUI to change the vectors, run-time. I have no idea why it should be an issue on the express inserter, but not on any base game one.

RocketManChronicles
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by RocketManChronicles » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:40 pm

Hey Bobingabout,

I have noticed that the recipes for Flying Robot Frames Mk2, Mk3, and Mk4, and the matching Robot Tools and Robot Brains (incl Mk1) do not scale with the cost multiplier.

For example, my Flying Robot Frame Mk1 costs 16 Steel, 24 Batteries, 16 Electric Engines, and 16 Basic Electronic Boards, but the Flying Robot Frame Mk2 only costs 2 batteries, 1 Electric Engine, 1 Aluminum Plate, and 3 Electronic Circuit Boards.

Think you can look into this? I cannot confirm any other affected recipes as I have not unlocked everything yet.

Edit: It looks like the Modules costs do not scale for the Power Armors.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:13 pm

what cost multiplier?

der Papst
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by der Papst » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:54 pm

Hey Bob, I've just started discovering your very interesting mod-pack.
It really boosts the realism of Factorio :)

I've 2 suggestions yet:

1)
It's already possible in your mod to split Water into hydrogen and oxygen through electrolysis.
Did you ever had the idea to create an entity burning hydrogen and oxygen to steam?
This could serve as an high-capacity low-power energy storage - i would really prefer it over storing steam created by solar-powered electric boilers or thousands of accumulators...

2)
I don't know how the devs of vanilla got the idea to create an electric engine out of a fuel engine (which is comparable to creating a light bulb out of a candle) but please fix this cruelty to realism^^
A realistic recipe would be: 2 ball bearings, iron, copper and coal (for the commutator and brushes) and insulated wire.
An improved (more effecient) version could include some complex electronic parts for an inverter to resemble a BLDC drive.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:15 pm

thank you.

1. I've not really thought about that before. in theory it should be possible, but then you'd need to consider the different temperature steams.
however... Hydrogen has a fuel value itself and is therefore burnable in the fluid generator, so it's not really needed.

2. I have thought about this before, Other mods have done something similar. It's just something I haven't really come back to yet.

RocketManChronicles
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by RocketManChronicles » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:33 am

bobingabout wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:13 pm
what cost multiplier?
It is called the "Recipe Difficulty." I have it set to "expensive" which seems to increase the amount of required items for each recipe.

So, like in my example, without this multiplier (er, recipe difficulty), the Flying Robot Frame costs only 4 of each item.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:43 am

RocketManChronicles wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:33 am
bobingabout wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:13 pm
what cost multiplier?
It is called the "Recipe Difficulty." I have it set to "expensive" which seems to increase the amount of required items for each recipe.

So, like in my example, without this multiplier (er, recipe difficulty), the Flying Robot Frame costs only 4 of each item.
Right, that. I have added a lot of "expensive" recipes around the place. AFAIK the ones you've mentioned (modules and robot frames) don't have an expensive mode variant. I looked at the data, in vanilla, there is no expensive recipe for the flying robot frame. Is it possible this was added by a mod?

RocketManChronicles
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by RocketManChronicles » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:37 pm

bobingabout wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:43 am
Right, that. I have added a lot of "expensive" recipes around the place. AFAIK the ones you've mentioned (modules and robot frames) don't have an expensive mode variant. I looked at the data, in vanilla, there is no expensive recipe for the flying robot frame. Is it possible this was added by a mod?
That is a good question. I will check when I get home tonight. I will start a new game with the same mods I have now and set the Recipe Difficulty to Normal and see. I will report back later.

Return to “Bob's mods”