allow replacing belts with splitters

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: suggestionsummary

Post by bobingabout »

Although I do like the idea, the current implementation of fast replacable means you can only replace a 1x1 with a 1x1, etc. Electric Furnaces actually share the same fast replace group as stone and steel, but can't be replaced because of the size difference.
ssilk wrote:Prequisites: complete.
Game-value: Simple and useful suggestion.
Costs: Only the current autoreplacement needs to be extended for that a bit.
Opinions: unique.
I use the prosilver board style. Your text is too light to read, in fact because your post was in the "dark" background post rotation, it was almost impossible to even distinguish from the background at all.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: allow replacing belts with splitters

Post by ssilk »

Well, quite off topic, but I can surely say, that if you cannot read the above you need to calibrate your monitor. :) :P But I agree, it's hard to read. The problem is to find a color, which works for all layouts.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: allow replacing belts with splitters

Post by bobingabout »

ssilk wrote:Well, quite off topic, but I can surely say, that if you cannot read the above you need to calibrate your monitor. :) :P But I agree, it's hard to read. The problem is to find a color, which works for all layouts.
It's a laptop, there's not a lot you can do to calibrate though, just do a software gamma shift or something which has limited results. Anyway, I agree, it is hard coming up with a colour that works everywhere.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

katyal
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: allow replacing belts with splitters ☸

Post by katyal »

watch out with auto removing between underground belts...lots of people use them to span assemblers. The times where I would want stuff auto-removed vs times I wouldn't want it feels like its 50/50

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

But wouldn't that a good idea: Put assembly over a belt, place it. Zommmg! Underground belts under the assembly!

Well I wouldn't make a full automatic out of that (like with the ideas with the automatic choosing of fluids I'm not a fan of such "too smart automatics"), but I think some kind of half-automatic would help a lot (Stupid example: "Replace belt with underground belt? Y/N? How long should the underground belt be? 1-4?").

Well, I dunno exactly, how such complex replacements could work in detail (stupid questions is of course not the right way!) , but I really think, that replacing splitter is just one minimal part of that suggestion.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

katyal
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by katyal »

A quick replace of the belt and underground belt would work just leave whatever is in the middle alone

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”