Factorio is... Too cheap?!!!

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Gregorovitch
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Factorio is... Too cheap?!!!

Post by Gregorovitch »

my 2c

I don't usually go for early access games, alpha or beta. I prefer to wait for the full experience and the kinks to be ironed out. The current price plus the number of LP's demonstrating plenty of intriguing sandbox play led to me making an exception in this case. 20 Euros, maybe not, 30 Euros even less likely.

I think the figure of 25k sales quoted above is testament to the accuracy of the pricing policy. The game is arousing interest and the prospects look good for a steam launch.

The game most like this to my mind, from a business perspective, is Banished. It has been incredibly successful partly due the reasonable $20/15 euro price tag IMO. I think that's the sweet spot where a game like this will prove irresistible to a lot of people. A lot of people who bought Banished will go for this I suspect.

gullfounder
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gullfounder »

The reason i bought this game now was 15$ dollar tag at the moment which will be 20$ starting next month. I don't usually buy game on Early access but since its cheap for amount of game play it has to offer.

Price really matters for game. The sale boost in Factorio is not direct result of the New trailer or new update. Its because of its price gona increse next month. So, People say why not buy it cheap while we can. Also for those those who say 15$ is cheap. Then you could buy higher tire packs for that game to support its developer. Don't ask for Increase in price.

undeadnightorc
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by undeadnightorc »

gullfounder wrote:The reason i bought this game now was 15$ dollar tag at the moment which will be 20$ starting next month. I don't usually buy game on Early access but since its cheap for amount of game play it has to offer.

Price really matters for game. The sale boost in Factorio is not direct result of the New trailer or new update. Its because of its price gona increse next month. So, People say why not buy it cheap while we can. Also for those those who say 15$ is cheap. Then you could buy higher tire packs for that game to support its developer. Don't ask for Increase in price.
There was actually a surge of sales before the price increase was announced. Around late April was the beginning of the "wave", even before the new trailer arrived. Obviously some people were compelled to purchase after hearing about the price increase, but it's hard to be sure exactly how many factored into the growing wave. I do know that big streamers like Sips began their LP's before the price announcement.

gullfounder
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gullfounder »

After Playing the game almost whole day. The game is addicting as hell. But it needs few things.

1) There should be some kind of Rail for moving goods over the Water. So, we can move goods easily rather moving it around.

2) The Splitter needs tweaks or i don't know what should i call it. Most of the time it never puts goods with proper ratio.

3) A device that can split the Goods from 1 rail to 2. For Example if i am moving Gears and Steel Plates on same rail. It would pick the Gears on one rail and other on the second rail.

4) a Double track rail. Sometime lot of stuff is moving on single rail that it can handles it. a Double rail shout do the work.

This is my idea though. But Everyone is welcome to share there thought.

robhol
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by robhol »

gullfounder wrote:After Playing the game almost whole day. The game is addicting as hell. But it needs few things.

1) There should be some kind of Rail for moving goods over the Water. So, we can move goods easily rather moving it around.

2) The Splitter needs tweaks or i don't know what should i call it. Most of the time it never puts goods with proper ratio.

3) A device that can split the Goods from 1 rail to 2. For Example if i am moving Gears and Steel Plates on same rail. It would pick the Gears on one rail and other on the second rail.

4) a Double track rail. Sometime lot of stuff is moving on single rail that it can handles it. a Double rail shout do the work.

This is my idea though. But Everyone is welcome to share there thought.
All belts are double track. The rest have already been suggested. For any other ideas, there's an "Ideas and Suggestions" subforum, but you might want to search first to avoid posting duplicates.
窮屈そうに身を屈めても今じゃ誰もがそうしてる 天井の無いECHO ROOMに誰かが僕を放り込む
君のSPEEDでもって 同じPHRASEを弾いて 冷たい時に寄り添って

Return to “General discussion”