Factorio: Space Age is here!

Regular reports on Factorio development.
kitters
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Factorio: Space Age is here!

Post by kitters »

Panzerknacker wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 22, 2024 2:21 pm
vinzenz wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 22, 2024 6:50 am
wampir wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 21, 2024 10:44 pm
Hi! I'd like to thank you for a great dlc, it's truly awesome:) I have hundreds of hours in the game (still rookie numbers, I know) and I love the idea behind the expansion very much. I just don't like the vanilla being trivialized in 2.0. Cheap rockets in the expansion are great, because sending rockets there is not a goal, it's just a tool. I feel like the vanilla with it's goal being now a lot easier to achieve is not a fun challenge any more. Could you consider introducing back old tech tree just for vanilla game, or maybe call it "classic" as a separate mode of vanilla? I'm now feeling like I've lost my old time favorite game experience. I know I could downgrade the application, but then I'd give up on great quality of life features that you introduced, or mod it back somehow, but this would feel just not right.

Nevertheless I'm grateful for your effort and I really like the DLC stuff, your work is truly a piece of art:)
you can disable the space-age mod to get the "classic" mode back and keep the QOL ;)
That's not true, when you play 2.0 without Space Age enabled there are huge changes to the game. What I noticed so far:
- You get sattelites for free with the Rocket silo, no more 2K (or 8K! on Marathon) Space science research
- No more Rocket control units
- Having Space science packs come from the landing pad, of which you can have only one on the map, instead of the Rocket silo is a huge change
- No more Marathon and Death World Marathon difficulties because expensive recipes are removed entirely (See my thread about this viewtopic.php?f=5&t=115745)

I don't really understand why you changed the Vanilla game so much in 2.0. Like you wanted some parity with Space Age but that is a mod and there is not really parity anyway because with it enabled it's all completely different again.
What the hell? :x
Minus one tech (sattelite) or blue chip instead of RCU, or wires instead of copper plates for poles are negligible, but did they REALLY delete Maraphon mode?

I have always played only in Deathworld Maraphon, all my huge blueprints are designed for Maraphon! Only played normal one for achivement of 8 hours run. This is so huge punch in the balls, I can't...

Panzerknacker
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Panzerknacker »

kitters wrote: ↑
Wed Oct 23, 2024 1:51 pm
Panzerknacker wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 22, 2024 2:21 pm
vinzenz wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 22, 2024 6:50 am
wampir wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 21, 2024 10:44 pm
Hi! I'd like to thank you for a great dlc, it's truly awesome:) I have hundreds of hours in the game (still rookie numbers, I know) and I love the idea behind the expansion very much. I just don't like the vanilla being trivialized in 2.0. Cheap rockets in the expansion are great, because sending rockets there is not a goal, it's just a tool. I feel like the vanilla with it's goal being now a lot easier to achieve is not a fun challenge any more. Could you consider introducing back old tech tree just for vanilla game, or maybe call it "classic" as a separate mode of vanilla? I'm now feeling like I've lost my old time favorite game experience. I know I could downgrade the application, but then I'd give up on great quality of life features that you introduced, or mod it back somehow, but this would feel just not right.

Nevertheless I'm grateful for your effort and I really like the DLC stuff, your work is truly a piece of art:)
you can disable the space-age mod to get the "classic" mode back and keep the QOL ;)
That's not true, when you play 2.0 without Space Age enabled there are huge changes to the game. What I noticed so far:
- You get sattelites for free with the Rocket silo, no more 2K (or 8K! on Marathon) Space science research
- No more Rocket control units
- Having Space science packs come from the landing pad, of which you can have only one on the map, instead of the Rocket silo is a huge change
- No more Marathon and Death World Marathon difficulties because expensive recipes are removed entirely (See my thread about this viewtopic.php?f=5&t=115745)

I don't really understand why you changed the Vanilla game so much in 2.0. Like you wanted some parity with Space Age but that is a mod and there is not really parity anyway because with it enabled it's all completely different again.
What the hell? :x
Minus one tech (sattelite) or blue chip instead of RCU, or wires instead of copper plates for poles are negligible, but did they REALLY delete Maraphon mode?

I have always played only in Deathworld Maraphon, all my huge blueprints are designed for Maraphon! Only played normal one for achivement of 8 hours run. This is so huge punch in the balls, I can't...
Same here. Expensive recipes are gone completely so those blueprints can go straight into the bin. There are still options for Marathon in the menu but all it does is set science pack multiplier x4, the recipes are all the cheap version. Kinda pissed they still dare to call it the same.

One more thing I noticed that annoys me is the achievements (also Steam achievements) can unlock also in Space Age. For example you can get the 15h and 8h run achievements also in Space Age where launching a rocket is extremely much easier. Those achievements have been completely trivialized.

kitters
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kitters »

Robopots can have requests for robots now. Why not for repair packs?

nethus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by nethus »

Thu Oct 24, 2024 8:51 am
I guess because you can already put a buffer chest next to it to request them?

kitters
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kitters »

nethus wrote: ↑
Thu Oct 24, 2024 10:15 am
Thu Oct 24, 2024 8:51 am
I guess because you can already put a buffer chest next to it to request them?
Solid.
Also, why rocket requests full stack of one item, when hub requests only few items of different type?

Return to β€œNews”