Scenario error in tutorial

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Helioe
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Scenario error in tutorial

Post by Helioe »

After finishing the last level of the tutorial (level 5 I think) I've received the folowing message:
The scenario level caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the scenario author.

Error while running event level::on_tick (ID 0)
Scripts can only use paths relative to the currently playing folder. Path: D:/Jogos/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/factorio-cover.png
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'add'
D:/Jogos/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/final_screen.lua:17: in function 'create'
D:/Jogos/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/control.lua:511: in function 'init'
__core__/lualib/story.lua:56: in function 'story_update'
D:/Jogos/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/control.lua:567: in function <D:/Jogos/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/control.lua:566>

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Scenario error in tutorial

Post by Bilka »

Hey, this error indicates that the "factorio-cover.png" file doesn't exist in the data\base\campaigns\tutorial\level-05 folder. However, it should be there by default. So, most likely your install is corrupted somehow. If you use Steam, try using Steam's verify game files function. Or, if you installed from a zip file, redo the install.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Return to “Technical Help”