Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by subie »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:42 pm
gosensgo86 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:25 pm
As far as I'm concerned, the solution would be to ensure that each tier consumes less raw ore than the previous one. The way I look at the higher tiers is that you're exchanging part of the ore cost from the actual ore to other resources, so the high tier recipes shouldn't be some fancy productivity module that creates plates out of thin air.
like py said its a chain and some steps are bad for the ore/plate ratio
i think that the ratio should get better as you progress but sole low points may acure
i didnt do that metal on a dedicated build yet but i will in the future
AND YOU ARE THE ONE THAT DECIDES HOW DEEP YOU GO IN THE PROCESS SINCE YOU TRADE OFF THE SECONDARY INCREDIENTS IN ORDER TO GET MORE PLATES
IF ITS WORTH OR NOT YOU DECIDE
for lead and chrome its not a choice because of gold and sinver
Honestly this just feels super bad with the pace and complexity of these mods. The gap from green science to blue science is immense, and if the green science recipes do nothing but unlock really bad recipes that are only a stop gap for recipes that require blue science and beyond, then whats the point of even unlocking them at green science?

It just feels underwhelming since base plate recipes were already made 5 times harder than previously.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:

like py said its a chain and some steps are bad for the ore/plate ratio
i think that the ratio should get better as you progress but sole low points may acure
i didnt do that metal on a dedicated build yet but i will in the future
AND YOU ARE THE ONE THAT DECIDES HOW DEEP YOU GO IN THE PROCESS SINCE YOU TRADE OFF THE SECONDARY INCREDIENTS IN ORDER TO GET MORE PLATES
IF ITS WORTH OR NOT YOU DECIDE
for lead and chrome its not a choice because of gold and sinver
This guy is almost all right ^^^^^^^^^

But i admit some balances may come. Im working over it.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
SINCE YOU TRADE OFF THE SECONDARY INCREDIENTS IN ORDER TO GET MORE PLATES
That's the problem, you don't get more plates - you get less.
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

rx7325
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by rx7325 »

Hi,
With the 5 py mods installed, how is it possible to mine the very first tin and quartz ores?
Manual/burning/electric mines don't work.
Tin is needed to build fawogae plantation for science pack 1 production.
And quartz mining seems to be unlocked via excavation 1, but an earlier method would be needed here too.

chrisdec
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by chrisdec »

rx7325 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:10 pm
Hi,
With the 5 py mods installed, how is it possible to mine the very first tin and quartz ores?
Manual/burning/electric mines don't work.
Tin is needed to build fawogae plantation for science pack 1 production.
And quartz mining seems to be unlocked via excavation 1, but an earlier method would be needed here too.
for tin you need water and electric mining drill
and for quartz you need quartz mine (old borax mine) no fluid's needed

rx7325
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by rx7325 »

chrisdec wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:22 pm
for tin you need water and electric mining drill
and for quartz you need quartz mine (old borax mine) no fluid's needed
Oh, thanks! Can't imagine why I overlooked this.

Zemoff
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zemoff »

10 acetylen for 1 lead ore imo too high. I cant fight with bitter on 40% pollution and tin2. Imo need adjust or recept or ammo recept for military power.
Just vanilla plus allpy version.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Mod updated, check the changelog.

And happy new year.
pY Coal processing mod

mikes61293
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mikes61293 »

Zemoff wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:00 pm
10 acetylen for 1 lead ore imo too high. I cant fight with bitter on 40% pollution and tin2. Imo need adjust or recept or ammo recept for military power.
Just vanilla plus allpy version.
I agree, this mod requires a lot more space, time, and resources than vanilla. The power curve of played vs biters is off. I've made tweaks to my evolution factors and console killed some biter to get me through, but my fundamental problem is a lack of ammo. My ammo production is being limited by my lead production which is being limited by my acetylene production.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Where to use huge tons of iron dust concentrate from iron concetrate when iron ore processing 4 technology isn't opened?
Iron dust concentrate can be used only for getting iron pulp 7 which requires iron ore processing 4 technology :!:

I suggest to sort it to iron ore dust
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:17 pm
Where to use huge tons of iron dust concentrate from iron concetrate when iron ore processing 4 technology isn't opened?
Iron dust concentrate can be used only for getting iron pulp 7 which requires iron ore processing 4 technology :!:

Store it.
pY Coal processing mod

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

happy new year to all

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

pyanodon wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:19 pm
aklesey1 wrote:

Store it.
Yeah thanks :D - I'll have about 20 full bunkers with that iron dust concetrate when i'll reach iron ore processing 4 technology
Happy New Year for all!!! ;)
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

swift15431
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

PYRO bug, not detecting mod in appdata

Post by swift15431 »

anyone else get a bug last update that causes PYRO not to load. its in my appdata, but doesn't show up in my mod list in-game or show the elements in the terrain settings????

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: PYRO bug, not detecting mod in appdata

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

swift15431 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:04 pm
anyone else get a bug last update that causes PYRO not to load. its in my appdata, but doesn't show up in my mod list in-game or show the elements in the terrain settings????
activate it in the mod list

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

aklesey1 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:38 pm
pyanodon wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:19 pm
aklesey1 wrote:

Store it.
Yeah thanks :D - I'll have about 20 full bunkers with that iron dust concetrate when i'll reach iron ore processing 4 technology
Happy New Year for all!!! ;)
in not sure what makes me say it so bluntly but FFS DONT DO A PROCESS UNLESS YOU CAN MELT / SLEMT EVERITHING THAT COMES FROM IT OR ARE READY TO STORE THAT IS PRODUCED FOR FLUIDS I USE A 1m TANK MOD AND FOR SOLIDS YO SIMPLY SMELT ALL OR DONT GO THERE BEFORE YOU CAN

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

who is bob and py mods works new version?

war mod in bob -
there were clothes and weapons, there were batteries, protective weapons, and so on.
and mod modules.

and pipes and conveers

my opinion: veryyyy goood mod! and realistics ores!!! like!

idea
and adding new resources would be good.

1) sand - natural in harnes filtered in normal sand (glass)
2) gems - electronic and war industry
3) iridium

Ronin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ronin »

Hello Pyanadon.

I have been enjoying your mods but I think I now have a blocker, or at least one to me.

The blocker is due to the injection of Super-alloy too early in the research stream, in particular, the addition to the recipe for the Centrifuge.

I have all the ingredients available to make the Super-alloy except for HE4 which has me at a standstill. I know of only 2 ways in which to get initial HE4. The first is the crack Liquid Clean Air into Dry Gas Stream which gives off HE4 as a byproduct. The second is through Particle Accelerator. Then after the ability to create Ethanolamime, the main flow is as laid out in your diagrams to start with petgas through to Dry Gas Stream where combined with Ethanolamine to create High Purified Gas and then on through the chain. https://imgur.com/a/OQuU6

Ethanolamine requires GenLab and Bio Reactors for the creation which both require Super-alloy so that path is not viable.
The cracking of the Liquid Clean Air is blocked at the previous point in the chain of creating Cold Clean Air. The recipe used to call for Cold Air and Filtration Media but was changed to Cold Air and Biofilm. Biofilm cannot be made because it requires Rayon, which needs Fiber which is made in the Centrifuge.

I have looked for other methods to get the HE4 including the Particle Accelerator which can make it if you have a Proton Donor, which of course is made with Rayon. I don't see anything else in the early chain that will yield the early HE4.

Have I identified a deadlock or am I missing a critical research path?

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Airat9000 wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:02 am
who is bob and py mods works new version?

war mod in bob -
there were clothes and weapons, there were batteries, protective weapons, and so on.
and mod modules.

and pipes and conveers

my opinion: veryyyy goood mod! and realistics ores!!! like!

idea
and adding new resources would be good.

1) sand - natural in harnes filtered in normal sand (glass)
2) gems - electronic and war industry
3) iridium
sand is alredy included ( can be made by crushing stone or in sand extractor or a s a bibprduct here and there)
gems we gave diamands already

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Ronin wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:36 am
Hello Pyanadon.

I have been enjoying your mods but I think I now have a blocker, or at least one to me.

The blocker is due to the injection of Super-alloy too early in the research stream, in particular, the addition to the recipe for the Centrifuge.

I have all the ingredients available to make the Super-alloy except for HE4 which has me at a standstill. I know of only 2 ways in which to get initial HE4. The first is the crack Liquid Clean Air into Dry Gas Stream which gives off HE4 as a byproduct. The second is through Particle Accelerator. Then after the ability to create Ethanolamime, the main flow is as laid out in your diagrams to start with petgas through to Dry Gas Stream where combined with Ethanolamine to create High Purified Gas and then on through the chain. https://imgur.com/a/OQuU6

Ethanolamine requires GenLab and Bio Reactors for the creation which both require Super-alloy so that path is not viable.
The cracking of the Liquid Clean Air is blocked at the previous point in the chain of creating Cold Clean Air. The recipe used to call for Cold Air and Filtration Media but was changed to Cold Air and Biofilm. Biofilm cannot be made because it requires Rayon, which needs Fiber which is made in the Centrifuge.

I have looked for other methods to get the HE4 including the Particle Accelerator which can make it if you have a Proton Donor, which of course is made with Rayon. I don't see anything else in the early chain that will yield the early HE4.

Have I identified a deadlock or am I missing a critical research path?

Good point, i will check it out asap!!
pY Coal processing mod

Return to “PyMods”