Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.16.x] Simple Saplings

Post by hypermark »

Mod Info
  • Name: Simple Saplings
  • Version: 1.1.0
  • Factorio-Version: 0.16.x
  • Description: Adds the ability to easily replant vanilla trees.
  • License: MIT
  • Release: 2017-02-17
  • Download-Url: Mod Portal
  • Dependencies: Base
  • Category: Item
  • Tags: Item, Entity, Tree, Sapling
Long Description
Simple Saplings adds one item and one researchable crafting recipe, a sapling and seed extraction, respectively.

Saplings are dropped from manually chopped trees and extracted from raw wood. Once planted, they'll grow after a few in-game days.

A big thanks to Nexela for their help with optimizing, and SpaceReptile for the new art!

As this is my first ever mod, feel free to comment any criticisms or submit an issue to the GitHub repo.

Pitch
Are you tired of exploiting tree farm mods to reduce pollution? Do you want to plant so many trees Captain Planet blushes redder than his tights? Like making forest fires?

Simple Saplings lets you regrow as much forest as you wish, for whatever reason.
Last edited by hypermark on Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:13 am, edited 5 times in total.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.14.x] Simple Saplings

Post by darkfrei »

hypermark wrote: I too am a programmer and not an artist. If you can use Blender or can mimic the style of the game's trees, take a look at the GitHub repo, issue "New Art".
Where is link?

hypermark
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.14.x] Simple Saplings

Post by hypermark »

darkfrei wrote:
hypermark wrote: I too am a programmer and not an artist. If you can use Blender or can mimic the style of the game's trees, take a look at the GitHub repo, issue "New Art".
Where is link?
GitHub issue "New Art". Oh hey I can add links now.

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.16.x] Simple Saplings

Post by GrumpyJoe »

i was trying to make the placed saplings blueprintable, and therefore placeable by bots (before they´ve grown into trees) but im really not good at reading and using the lua wiki

I was guessing its in /prototypes/item.lua but i cant find a setting to add what i want.

Return to “Mods”