Long Handed Inserter

[MOD 0.13.x+] Improve Move 0.1.0 [Helper Mod]

Post by Bizz Keryear »

I proudly present:
Improve Move:
No pics, no clicks
No pics, no clicks
Icon.jpg (14.82 KiB) Viewed 6937 times
Current version: 0.1.0 Download: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Bizz_Ker ... prove_Move

Mod improves some of the movement options and therefore falls in the category of Helper Mod:
  • Safe exit:
    • getting only out of vehicles when not moving, but leaving and emergency exit (tap exit twice)
  • Sneaking:
    • Move with half of unmodified base speed (@default, can now be changed in ingame menu)
      details
  • Crawling:
    • Sneaking still too fast? Try crawling and move with 10% base speed (@default, can now be changed in ingame menu)
  • Fun option: Moonwalking:
    • Do the moonwalk, yeah! (speed can now be chosen in ingame menu. Default 80% of base speed)
Usage and default keys:
  • Press LEFT SHIFT and a direction key to sneak
  • Press LEFT CONTROL and a direction key to crawl
    • If direction key isn't hit within 1/3 second sneak or crawl auto disables itself (key need be pressed again)
      Sneak and crawl toggel each other, so when the crawl button is hit it switches over to crawl and disables sneak.
      Press key again while sneaking or crawling to get back to normal speed
  • Press NUM MINUS to moonwalk. Resulting in moving 0.8 times the base speed backwards. Press again to disengage.
    • Hotkey might needed to be changed ... see issues
  • Save exit prevents you from accidentally getting out of a vehicle while it is moving. Tab enter /exit key twice within 1/3 second to exit anyway.
    • Hotkey might not be able to differ from normal enter /exit key... see issues
additional info
Known bugs and issues
Changelog
Credits
License: CC BY 4.0. Software will be released as is with no warranties.
Last edited by Bizz Keryear on Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:49 pm, edited 11 times in total.

simwir
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [WIP][MOD 0.13.x+] Improve Move 0.0.4

Post by simwir »

I was wondering, how do you add keybinds to the factorio menu?

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

[bug] Sneaking doesn't stop if you double sneak. tested with a LOT of exoskeletons and mods so not sure if behavior is different without.

Start walking
Press and release shift
Press and release shift again
stop walking

Sneaking doesn't time out

If you stop moving and switch to crawl it will timeout as normal, you can also replace all instance of sneaking with crawling to get the same affect for crawling. It is also possible to lock yourself into sneaking or crawling by alternating methods.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

And Feature request

Instead of the console alert and message replace with floating text

viewtopic.php?t=14833&p=100534

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

And Ignore most of the above it seems between me downloading it and playing with it there was an update :)

Bizz Keryear
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Bizz Keryear »

Nexela wrote:And Ignore most of the above it seems between me downloading it and playing with it there was an update :)
yeah, I ballsed it up somehow ... after being done programming it I added comments and removed all comment section win which was pure experimental code ... then I tried to tidy up my leftover code ... while at it I broke it ... next day I wanted to play and realized that it was broken ... took me two attempts to fix that, though
Nexela wrote:And Feature request

Instead of the console alert and message replace with floating text

viewtopic.php?t=14833&p=100534
Like that one, too but It actually will take some time ... don't want to break my code yet again

edit: quote function of board trolled me

mojo2012
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.x+] Improve Move 0.0.8 [Helper Mod]

Post by mojo2012 »

Can you please upload your mod to github? this would allow us others to better learn from your mod.

And btw, it would also easily allow you to go back to and older codebase in case you messed something up ;)

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Hi mate,

I have seen both your requests, but I think there is no "working mods for 0.13" section on this forum any more. There are sections for WIP, but the working mods are now meant to be published on the mod portal.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Bizz Keryear
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Bizz Keryear »

mojo2012 wrote:Can you please upload your mod to github? this would allow us others to better learn from your mod.

And btw, it would also easily allow you to go back to and older codebase in case you messed something up ;)
Actually way to lazy to do that.
And don't worry about the messed up part .. I used NPP and every time I hit save it also produces a backup ... since I have starting to write this mod I produced 345 backups of control.lua, 26 of data.lua, 3 of default_config.lua (has only 4 lines!), and 19 of info.json.
And I really messed it up ... because some of those backups are now in latest release file ... though in a form and place where they do nothing but waste a few kb

Bizz Keryear
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Bizz Keryear »

Koub wrote:Hi mate,

I have seen both your requests, but I think there is no "working mods for 0.13" section on this forum any more. There are sections for WIP, but the working mods are now meant to be published on the mod portal.
Yeah, but the forum there ... I think no one takes it seriously ... So, mods there (mine is there published, too) discussion here

Tone
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.x+] Improve Move 0.1.0 [Helper Mod]

Post by Tone »

Is it possible to add a config in game that enables you to "hold key" and "toggle"the sneak modifier? Just like how minecraft is. Hold shift to sneak.

Bizz Keryear
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.x+] Improve Move 0.1.0 [Helper Mod]

Post by Bizz Keryear »

Tone wrote:Is it possible to add a config in game that enables you to "hold key" and "toggle"the sneak modifier? Just like how minecraft is. Hold shift to sneak.
actually that is what I tired to do, unfortunately the game API doesn't support this. I am currently working on the multiplayer update and this update will include another hotkey that locks a speed (like moonwalk only forward) and also fixes the interface that (because I made a mistake) doesn't initialize if you already used an older version of this mod in the map. (Already fixed it but I thought the multiplayer compatibility would be way less work ... man was I wrong)

Return to “Mods”