[MOD 0.12.21] Automatic Item Collector

Topics and discussion about specific mods
omnipact
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[MOD 0.12.21] Automatic Item Collector

Post by omnipact »

Name: Automatic Item Collector
Description: Roboports have the option to mark items on the ground around them for deconstruction.
License: MIT
Version: 0.0.1
Release: 2016-01-23
Tested-With-Factorio-Version: 12.21
Category:
Tags:

When you open a roboport, an extra checkbox is available at the top of the screen. Check the box to enable item collection. All items on the ground in the construction area of the roboport will be marked for deconstruction. Unchecking the box will stop the marking of objects.

Its maybe not much use for vanilla factorio, but for mods where aliens drop artifacts it comes in very useful!

Here's a video showing some biter farming with the mod:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoqKUXzqxXo
Attachments
Auto-Collect_0.0.1.zip
(1.97 KiB) Downloaded 779 times

Rockstar04
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.21] Automatic Item Collector

Post by Rockstar04 »

Hard to believe this doesn't have any replys with over 150 downloads!

This is a great idea and works pretty well. Can you think of any way this could also work with bob's mods zone expanders? They don't have storage, so no GUI pops up when you click on them.

omnipact
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by omnipact »

I kept an eye on this thread for a week, but no comments.
I take this as a compliment - with 200+ downloads it means I written a mod that has no (major) bugs, and does exactly what it says on the tin.

As for the zone expanders, I cannot think of a way. (since there is no UI)
Originally this mod would detect all Roboports, and run its routine on all of them. When testing though I found that if your base has too many 'ports then your FPS will tank. This mod is designed for Bob's mods endgame when your factory is big, your FPS is suffering, but you want more alien bits. I only ever need one 'port with the collect enabled...

Regards

Omni

seronis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by seronis »

Just so you have SOME feedback, THANK YOU. Simple and very useful

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

This seems a very useful mod. However, hadn't had the time to play Factorio since Steam Launch :cry:. So no time to test anything.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Murlocking
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Murlocking »

It only gather the items on ground or also on belts?

kelt
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kelt »

Really like this mod, thanks.

Is it possible to make it work on personal roboports?

ArchJudge
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ArchJudge »

Very useful mod, thanks!

A cautionary tale for beginners, if for whatever reason you build inefficient production facilities that rely on inserters passing along items from one to another without the use of chests or transport belts in the range of roboports with the checkbox active, the item pickup order will cause the production to temporarily cease until a construction robot comes along from far away and after a long que and you figure out that chests are a wise use of resources for your compact factory.

This tale should hopefully save you some minutes of confusion while scrambling to figure out why your important laser turret and ammo production halted in the middle of your walls crumbling down around you due to continued biter attacks.
I love the smell of concrete paving robots in the morning .... it smells like Factorio

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I think this is very useful. Should have also an option (? per robonetwork) to mine all wood and stone. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

GameCharmer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by GameCharmer »

ssilk wrote:I think this is very useful. Should have also an option (? per robonetwork) to mine all wood and stone. :)
There are at least 2 mods that allow you to use bots to mine resources. I'm using Logistics Mining

Smoovious
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Smoovious »

I would like to see an option to only have a max of X items marked at a time (within that roboport's range)

So, if I just set up a roboport into an area I have been massively bombarding, it won't be calling all of my construction robots from my entire network to pick everything up.

So, say, mark an item to pick up only if there are less than 10 items already marked (probably a lot of overhead)
... or, mark 1 item per cycle, only if you have less than 10% of your construction robots currently in use in the whole network (probably ok on overhead)
... or, only mark 1 item per X seconds, at random. (probably the least amount of overhead)

Just some way to make it more lazy, less demanding on the constructor bots.

(config options letting us choose how lazy or aggressive we would like it... personally, I like to slow things way down and make it extremely lazy, but others wouldn't like that... but suddenly being out of constructor bots is a problem too, so everyone should be happy being able to tweak to their own preferences. :) )

Good mod, btw... on the wish list is being able to have logistics chests, that receive only from constructors, and supply only logistics, and vice versa... making staging spare parts near the defenses and outposts useful, and to have the constructor bots have a nearby place to drop items they picked up, and let the logistics bots take over distributing them from there, so the constructors stay closer to the borders for repair work...

doesn't have anything to do with your mod tho, but would be very useful along with it. :)

Maybe in 0.13.x

-- Smoov

omnipact
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by omnipact »

Hello
ssilk wrote:I think this is very useful. Should have also an option (? per robonetwork) to mine all wood and stone. :)
I like the wood thing, it should be trivial to add that option... Stone though? How?
kelt wrote:Really like this mod, thanks.

Is it possible to make it work on personal roboports?
Well, it does if you put a roboport down and you have personal robos, they will pick up the stuff. (you need no robots in the network; there is an exploit where you can tag everything in roboport range for deconstruction by placing a roboport, waiting for a second then you can pick up the roboport again, i should maybe make the mod only activate when the roboport has power..)

But that sounds like another mod, perhaps an armour module; 'Vacuum' - automatically marks all items on the ground around the player for deconstruction.

Regards

Omni

omnipact
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by omnipact »

Smoovious wrote:I would like to see an option to only have a max of X items marked at a time (within that roboport's range)

So, if I just set up a roboport into an area I have been massively bombarding, it won't be calling all of my construction robots from my entire network to pick everything up.

So, say, mark an item to pick up only if there are less than 10 items already marked (probably a lot of overhead)
... or, mark 1 item per cycle, only if you have less than 10% of your construction robots currently in use in the whole network (probably ok on overhead)
... or, only mark 1 item per X seconds, at random. (probably the least amount of overhead)
Not something I considered when I made the mod, since I always have a separate network for artifact farming. I will add some kind of 'throttle', (probably using one of your suggestions above) I don't think the overhead will be increased at all, it may decrease the overhead.
I will also add a config file...

Regards,

Omni

Smoovious
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Smoovious »

omnipact wrote:
Smoovious wrote:I would like to see an option to only have a max of X items marked at a time (within that roboport's range)

Not something I considered when I made the mod, since I always have a separate network for artifact farming. I will add some kind of 'throttle', (probably using one of your suggestions above) I don't think the overhead will be increased at all, it may decrease the overhead.
I will also add a config file...

Regards,

Omni
Thanky...

was also thinking that with this mod enabled, if I destroy a rock, it'll drop the stone on the ground instead of inventory (already using a different mod for that, so not a big deal), and the same with trees... chop down the trees, leave the wood to be picked up later.

Anyways, the throttling would be very helpful, thank you. o/

-- Smoov

Anduko
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Anduko »

Is there a hope for a 0.13 Update?
Thanks a lot :)

MtnDew
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MtnDew »

I have been watching this MOD for an update also. Hopefully it will be updated.

TheTom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TheTom »

Make it .14 - which points to the mod being abandoned.

sore68
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by sore68 »

f.14

Caution.
1. Only roboport built after mod is installed will be recognized.
2. Need to develop [Automated construction] technology.
3. This was not done the dirty test.
4. The larger the map, the greater the number of Roboports, the lower the frame.
5. Add on/off button
6. When start the game, it takes up to 3 seconds to load the function of the button.
Preview.png
Preview.png (109.8 KiB) Viewed 12667 times
Auto-Collect_0.0.2.zip
(15.94 KiB) Downloaded 150 times

sore68
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by sore68 »

f.14

Caution.
1. Only roboport built after mod is installed will be recognized.
2. If construction_radius > 100 -> fix 100
3. It requires develop [Automated construction] technology to be active.
4. Only action Shift+Z
Auto-Collect_0.0.3.zip
(2.02 KiB) Downloaded 182 times

Return to “Mods”