Mylon's Many Mods

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Mylon's Many Mods

Post by Mylon »

Here's a general thread for my collection of mods to make it easier to keep track of feedback as well as what I'm working on.
Assembler Assay
Assemblers break down and require servicing. Take them to a refurbisher either to restore them to working order (easy mode) or disassemble them so their parts can be recovered and a new one made.
Belt Upgrader
Automatically upgrades inserters, belts, splitters, and underground belts as materials and construction bots are available. Similar to Upgrade Planner, but this does it autonomously. Any entity with a next-upgrade specified will get upgraded by this mod. Unless the upgrade entity is on the black-list. which is user customisable.
Bluebuild
Allows blueprints to be used much earlier. Once a blueprint is placed, nearby entities will be auto-placed at 10/second so long as you have the objects in inventory and are standing still. Once items are marked for deconstruction, they will be auto-removed and put into inventory so long as you are standing still. Press b to toggle building, press n to toggle demolishing.
Bot Servicing
Bots occasionally need to be serviced. Adds an extra bit of complexity to bot-based bases. Supports three difficulties. Easy simply puts them down for a bit. Medium and hard makes them require replacement parts.
Concreep
Roboports automatically place concrete within their reach and remove trees, rocks, and cliffs as they do so.
dangOreus
Welcome to dangOreus, where the flore is lava. I trust you won't be bored. Take a tore of this great mod and see for yoreself what has everyone asking for more.
Dirt Path
Frequently trafficked areas turn to dirt.
Enhanced Biters
Biters have new and surprising behaviors. This also allows evolution to scale to infinity. How long can you survive?
Fracking
Oil wells now need to be fracked to produce infinite yield. Inject fracking fluid to extract extra oil from previously depleted oil wells.
Global Warming
Pollution will cause sea level rise and desertification. Be careful that your factory does not destroy the entire planet.
Nougat Mining
A logistic mining mod designed for use in scenarios. Also works great as a small add-on mod. Bots will automatically mine ore covered by logistic network range.
Peppermint Mining
Peppermint Mining, another logistic mining mod. This one is requires marking ore with deconstruction planners so the player has more control over which ores are mined.
Piety
Offer up landfill as tribute to the god of industry. Be blessed with other ores as a result.
Prospector
Use prospector machines to enrich resource deposits. Enriched deposits require higher level mining equipment which is more difficult to craft.
This Tank Stops for Nobody!
Inspired by NESTT, build your base inside of an ever moving tank.
Hardcore Survival (depreciated)
Biters will attack you frequently and often! Can you survive the onslaught? Biters also behave in new ways so be careful! Works as a scenario or a mod so can be hosted without requiring players to download anything.
Hardcore Survival Expansion (depreciated)
Added support for some external mods and this mod also demonstrates how other modders can use remote.call to add their own biters to Hardcore Survival, or modify Hardcore Survival's difficulty to account for the effect of their mod on the pace of the game.

Victory Turrets (depreciated)
A mod mod for Robot Army. Every time a nest is destroyed a nearby SMG droid becomes a gun turret to help hold the territory against further biter expansion.
Last edited by Mylon on Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:54 pm, edited 41 times in total.

theit8514
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Mylon's Multiple Mods

Post by theit8514 »

Hello,

Concreep has a bug when processing a roboport with no construction_radius (used by some mods to drain power).

I added this to the check in the checkRoboports function which allows it to be removed from the creepers table:

Code: Select all

and roboport.logistic_cell and roboport.logistic_cell.construction_radius > 0

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

@theit8514:

Such a strange bug! Thanks for catching that.

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

Got a publishable version of Belt Upgrader done. Since publishing I worked out a method to simulate fast-replace with bots, allowing putting down an entity without stopping the old one and preserving circuit connections so I need to rewrite a decent chunk of it to use this new method. Oh, and I figured out how to preserve Bobs Inserter settings.

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

Made a huge update to Global Warming. Performance is greatly improved.

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

Published my Prospector mod. Would be nice if I had some people using ore mods do some testing.

Kryzeth
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kryzeth »

Mylon wrote:Published my Prospector mod. Would be nice if I had some people using ore mods do some testing.
Multiple (4) issues detailed below:

1. Factorio v14.21, Prospector v0.6.1, Angel's Infinite Ores v0.4.5, together causes error on startup:
Error
2. Prospector Mk2 is not set to be able to fast-replace Prospector Mk1

3. Depleted ore and ore veins have minability, but cannot be mined by hand or machine? Should they not just disappear from the map if they are depleted, like a normal patch of ore? Or can they somehow become undepleted later?

EDIT: Tested a little more, seems depleted ores do sometimes become undepleted by prospectors. They're not really "depleted" if they still have ore in them though? =P Do they ever become truly depleted then? I feel like there should be a limit to how much ore is inside a patch? Otherwise this just becomes truly infinite ore, producing far more pollution than Angel's method, but potentially being more stable. Uncovered another issue:

4. Ore seams have a mining hardness of 7, but Mining Drill Mk3's have only mining power of 6. Thus, seams cannot be mined. (Tested with Creative Mode v0.2.5 and CNC's Sulfur mod v1.0.0, in case the issue cannot be reproduced with Prospector mod alone)
Last edited by Kryzeth on Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pieppiep
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pieppiep »

The deconstruction with bluebuild doesn't seem to work.
I've made the deconstruction planner and I know deconstruction is turned on with the n-key, but when I mark assembly machines they don't get decontructed.
Can there be something I'm missing?

/edit
When I disable all the other mods it still doesn't work.
The autobuild option does work, it's only the deconstruction that doesn't.

Kryzeth
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kryzeth »

pieppiep wrote:/edit
Are you sure you're using it right? I don't know about any toggling with n, but the way a deconstruction planner works is that you mark an area with the planner in your hand (just as if you were creating a blueprint) and then constructions bots from either the logistics network, or your inventory with a personal roboport, will come and deconstruct it, and ferry the remains to a storage chest (or into your inventory, if using personal roboport)
I'm an idiot, ignore me. Bluebuild v1.0.1 deconstruction is most definitely broken.
Last edited by Kryzeth on Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pieppiep
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pieppiep »

Kryzeth wrote:
pieppiep wrote:/edit
Are you sure you're using it right? I don't know about any toggling with n, but the way a deconstruction planner works is that you mark an area with the planner in your hand (just as if you were creating a blueprint) and then constructions bots from either the logistics network, or your inventory with a personal roboport, will come and deconstruct it, and ferry the remains to a storage chest (or into your inventory, if using personal roboport)
If I understand the description of the BluePrint mod correctly you don't need the construction bots.

Kryzeth
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kryzeth »

...it is way too late for my brain to work right; I completely missed that this post covered multiple mods by the same author. My bad.

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

Kryzeth wrote: 3. Depleted ore and ore veins have minability, but cannot be mined by hand or machine? Should they not just disappear from the map if they are depleted, like a normal patch of ore? Or can they somehow become undepleted later?
Deleted ore can turn into ore veins, depleted ore veins can turn into ore seams. This is so they're still around to be turned into seams, otherwise depleting a patch early would destroy resources.

I thought about a prospector Mk. 3 that can add ore to existing seams for infinite mining, but I decided against it. I might offer it as an option in 0.15.

I'll look into the other reports, thanks.

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

I published a fix for Prospector and Bluebuild. Thanks for the reports.

Daz_Lex
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Daz_Lex »

Was testing out Prospector and noticed that when deconstructing the Mk. 3 Drills they would revert to the Mk. 2 versions. No idea if that was intended or not. Either way great mod!

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

Prospector updated to 0.7.0. Fixed the bug where Mk 3 drills were returning Mk 2s when mined. Also simulated richness so this mod will emulate the richness setting of the map.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

RE: Dirt path

Nice idea. needs some tweaking to work with other flooring mods though

if not (string.find(tile.name, "dirt") or string.find(tile.name, "sand") or string.find(tile.name, "brick") or string.find(tile.name, "concrete")) then
can be converted to
if not tile.hidden_tile or not (string.find(tile.name, "dirt") or string.find(tile.name, "sand")) then

A hidden_tile will be non nil if there is a tile on top (typically flooring tiles)

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

I added that in. Good catch, Nexela!

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

One more for ya, Not sure what you are trying to accomplish here (Dirt Paths)

-- Check for water to prevent landfill exploit
					local xx = -3, 4, 1 do
						local yy = -3, 4, 1 do
							local waterCheck = p.surface.get_tile(tile.position.x + xx, tile.position.y + yy)
							if not (waterCheck and waterCheck.valid and waterCheck.collides_with("ground-tile")) then
								return
							end
						end
					end
Also changing both functions to "local function" will net you better performance, albeit unnoticeable. Still good habit :). same with DIRT_THRESHOLD

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

I added that segment because otherwise you can run into the shoreline and create land. There is a 3 tile margin of grass between any other terrain and water. I could add an extra condition to check if Waterfix is installed and instead only convert land tiles in the 2x2 area.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Mylon wrote:I added that segment because otherwise you can run into the shoreline and create land. There is a 3 tile margin of grass between any other terrain and water. I could add an extra condition to check if Waterfix is installed and instead only convert land tiles in the 2x2 area.

Ohhh I put everything but what the problem was in my post. I think you want these to be "for" and not "local"

local xx = -3, 4, 1 do
                  local yy = -3, 4, 1 do
otherwise you are only checking the northwest corner.

Return to “Mods”