[MOD 0.14.X] Obuw's Warfare (Combat Revamp)

Topics and discussion about specific mods
obuw
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[MOD 0.14.X] Obuw's Warfare (Combat Revamp)

Post by obuw »

Obuw's Warfare

Description:
  • Rebalances the core weapons of the game to make combat more engaging and fun.

The pistol and the submachine gun shoot projectiles, rockets are actually useful, vehicles have extra weapons, modular equipment is rebalanced, and so on. Full list of changes below.
Pictures
LONG DESCRIPTION
Details:
  • Name: Obuw's Warfare
  • Category: Combat Overhaul
  • MOD Version: 0.14.1
  • Factorio Version: 0.14.X
  • Latest Released: 08 Feb 2017
  • Optional Dependencies: Bob's Warfare, Bob's Enemies, Bob's Vehicle Equipment
  • Author: Obuw
  • Tags: combat
BOB WARFARE TWEAKS
BOB PICTURES
Incompatibilities
Download
Download: Download

Comments and suggestions
Please post your comments and suggestions in this thread.

Change Log
Version-0.14.1
Version-0.14.0
I have played with this mod for several playthroughs over the past year, including a few multiplayer ones. I have just spend the better half of a week finishing up the tweaks for all of bob's warfare weapons as well, and decided to finally share this mod with the modding community here. Enjoy!

Adding this mod to an existing world should work fine apart from a few issues with turrets, like the bullet damage and speed upgrades you have already researched not applying to turret ammunition.
Last edited by obuw on Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Obuw's Warfare - Combat improvements

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.X] Obuw's Warfare (Combat Revamp)

Post by Light »

Gave this a fair shake and while the changes seem cool, I'm just curious to know a couple things.

1. Why separate turret ammo from regular ammo? It seems like an unnecessary change that just adds 2 more items in the combat tab to clutter and confuse the two. Plus no bob's ammo can be used, which is a real negative to using gun/sniper turrets late game.

2. Why modify the look of Bob's chemical plant and electronics machines when it's not related to combat and overlaps with actual UI mods like ShinyBob's? It actually causes a mixup with ShinyBob's since the color scheme is different.

That aside, my favorite change is that worms actually have the range to defend their nests instead of just standing there while you wipe out the nests it's supposed to protect.

obuw
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.X] Obuw's Warfare (Combat Revamp)

Post by obuw »

Light wrote:Gave this a fair shake and while the changes seem cool, I'm just curious to know a couple things.

1. Why separate turret ammo from regular ammo? It seems like an unnecessary change that just adds 2 more items in the combat tab to clutter and confuse the two. Plus no bob's ammo can be used, which is a real negative to using gun/sniper turrets late game.

2. Why modify the look of Bob's chemical plant and electronics machines when it's not related to combat and overlaps with actual UI mods like ShinyBob's? It actually causes a mixup with ShinyBob's since the color scheme is different.

That aside, my favorite change is that worms actually have the range to defend their nests instead of just standing there while you wipe out the nests it's supposed to protect.
Hey, thanks for trying the mod out.

1. Unfortunately it's just a limitation of the game engine; the "directional shooting" is a trait that is tied to the ammunition, not the weapons themselves. So the turrets need their own ammo in order to be able to work like before. Otherwise they can't shoot through walls, and have other issues like getting stuck if they miss a shot.
(Same reason I couldn't change the spitters and worms to fire non-homing projectiles. Otherwise they bug out and stop shooting when they miss.)

As for bob's ammo in turrets, I was intending to add turret versions of these, but after extensive testing, I find that those would be overkill on turrets, since you already upgrade their damage drastically through mk2 - mk5 upgrades. A couple fully upgraded gun and sniper turrets can already completely destroy big waves of endgame biters with just good old piercing ammo.

2. It was just a pet peeve of mine. I agree it's not related to the rest of the mod, I actually contacted bob to see if he'd like to include these icons in his base mods. I didn't realize shinybob changes color schemes, I could certainly add some compatibility to account for that. And/or make a config option.

Edit: Just updated the mod and added config options to disable new icons, and a check to see if shinybob is installed, which disables them automatically.
Obuw's Warfare - Combat improvements

Return to “Mods”