Topics and discussion about specific mods
Divran
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

EasyPvP

Post by Divran »

EasyPvP
Description:
  • Adds a UI that allows players to create forces (teams) in Factorio, and to switch between them whenever they want (by default does not allow players to switch to the biters' force, but you can change this by editing a boolean value in the code).

WARNING: I suggest you make sure you trust everyone on the server before using this, because anyone can merge forces. I'm pretty sure it'd be kind of hard to undo that.

Inspired by this thread: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 33&t=14466

If anyone has any suggestions for improvements or bugfixes, don't hesitate to post them in this thread.

Thanks
Details:
  • Factorio Version: 0.12.18
  • Released: November 27th 2015
  • License: http://www.wtfpl.net/
  • Tags: EasyPvP, PVP, Diplomacy, teams, change teams, force, forces
Download

PICTURES
CHANGELOG
FAQ
Known bugs
Attachments
EasyPvP_0.0.1.zip
(2.37 KiB) Downloaded 1523 times
Last edited by Divran on Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thomasnotused
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: EasyPvP

Post by Thomasnotused »

Finally I can join the biters and destroy the person I'm playing with tanks AND biters!
I have no idea what I'm doing.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Divran wrote:If you try to merge a force which has a disconneted player in it into another force, the server will crash. If anyone has a solution to this, please let me know. Until then, I suggest you don't do that :?
Sounds like a bug in the base game, make a bug report for the bugs sub-forum and they will take a look at it

Divran
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Divran »

Klonan wrote:
Divran wrote:If you try to merge a force which has a disconneted player in it into another force, the server will crash. If anyone has a solution to this, please let me know. Until then, I suggest you don't do that :?
Sounds like a bug in the base game, make a bug report for the bugs sub-forum and they will take a look at it
done

factorioman
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by factorioman »

Hi,
I just tested couple games with my friends. What kind of rules have you found good? We played 20-30min with peace and winning condition: killing or disabling electricity(first for 30 min and then just destroing it(steam engine)). Was fun, rushing with turrets and machine gun seemst to be good, but requires good map and surely your opponent has more resources so it seems quite balanced. Mas has to be small enough with lot of resources, other wise it seems just dump. Making identical map seems to be only fair way to play as some spawns are just clearly lot worse. And surely no ai enemies good choice. Thanks for creating the mod!

tocheeba
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by tocheeba »

I installed this, but dont see a GUI option anywhere to join factions. Does this only pop up after 2 or more players join the game? i've been the only player as of right now.

noliVe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by noliVe »

do you still work on this ?

its a good concept. please do

Return to “Mods”