Topics and discussion about specific mods
d3x0r
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[MOD 0.15] Junk Rails

Post by d3x0r »

Forum support thread for updated Junk Train

Originally Goldsword44's JunkRails

Updated rails a little; original rails submitted to Goldsword were slightly too green when applied with factorio lighting.

Added junk train stops and junk signals which can only be applied to junk rails. (These are cheaper and earlier than original train stops)

Without Train Speed LImiter junk rails are the same as normal rails, so the cheaper rails, stops and signals are somewhat of a cheat.

MrGoodbits
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15] Junk Rails

Post by MrGoodbits »

I can't seem to get it to work. When I launch factorio with this plugin I get an error:

"Path _JunkTrain_/graphics/cargo-wagon.png does not match any enabled mod."

The old junk train has worked in the past.

Thanks!

d3x0r
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by d3x0r »

Fixed.

Quazil
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Quazil »

Any chance of an update for 0.17?

d3x0r
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by d3x0r »

Is possible :)
Gimme a few days to gear up to this... I haven't been in this for a bit.

d3x0r
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by d3x0r »

Did post an update; not very tested...

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

From the mod's page:
Without Train Speed Limiter junk rails are the same as normal rails, so the cheaper rails, stops and signals are somewhat of a cheat.
Will you also update the other mod? I like the idea of very early trains, but don't want to cheat too much. :-)
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

d3x0r
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by d3x0r »

Working on that one also; going to change the logic a little to use train.state...
But it's also got cross compatibility with other mods that's complicating things :)

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

Nice to see you're working on it! When the other mod is ready, could you add an optional dependency on it to Junk Train? That way, we wouldn't miss that Train Speed Limiter has been released for 0.17.

Also, while I'm at it: The mod is called "Junk Train". The first research it makes accessible is "Junk Trains", but the next is called "Scrap train stops". Shouldn't it be "Junk train stops" for consistency? I think that should also apply to the products, so:
  • "Scrap Rails" --> "Junk rails"
  • "Scrap train stop" --> "Junk train stop"
  • "Scrap rail signal" --> "Junk rail signal"
  • "Scrap rail chain signal" --> "Junk rail chain signal"
By the way, "Junk Trains" should be "Junk trains", and "Scrap/Junk Rails" should be "Scrap/Junk rails" -- the convention seems to be that only the first word in the name of a research/product/intermediate product is capitalized. Not a big issue, really, but I think it's nice if everything fits. It's the difference between something quickly cobbled together (think of a big red leather patch on blue jeans) and something that really integrates (think of a patch the color/material of the pants where you don't even see the seams). :-)
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

d3x0r
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by d3x0r »

All good comments :)

Return to “Mods”