[0.15] Side Inserters & Long Inserters

Topics and discussion about specific mods
eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.15] Side Inserters & Long Inserters

Post by eradicator »

leitk wrote:Is it possible to get the inserters to put more than 2 times the cost of a recipe into an assembler? With enough speed 2x isn't really enough and it doesn't seem like they're going to change the base game.
One of the devs (twinsen i think) posted that this has been fixed in 0.16 for fast machines. I can't find the post right now though :P.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

canisin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by canisin »

It seems that side inserters do not keep their settings when they are fast replaced by an upgrade. On the other hand, assemblers are able to keep their settings in the same scenario. Is this something that the mod can fix or is it somehow related to base game behavior?

GotLag
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GotLag »

It's a base game limitation.

canisin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by canisin »

Do you think it would be possible to mod around it by registering to a replace event and copying inserter settings just before the replacement and reapplying it to the new one (possibly checking if the replacing inserter is of the same category (as in long vs regular) and its pick up drop direction is the same)?

Hmm... I guess I would like to try my hand at attempting this. Of course, if successful I would love to share it with you :)

Additional info/questions:
I noticed that when replacing ghosts both assemblers and inserters keep their settings.
Assemblers go an extra mile by keeping their settings when fast replaced by a different tier assembler, as well.
I have not tested but possibly assemblers are able to keep their settings when their ghosts are revived by a different tier assembler, as well. And similarly, I suspect that if I were to replace an inserter ghost with a different inserter tier, I will lose my settings.

Here are the relevant events: on_built_entity, on_robot_built_entity, on_player_mined_entity, on_player_mined_item, on_pre_player_mined_item, on_robot_mined, on_robot_mined_entity, on_robot_pre_mined.
There does not seem to be anything specific to fast replacing.

izk666
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by izk666 »

Hi!

Why "Long inserters" can't be upgraded with the upgrade plan?
It's a great mod, but that feature would be great.

Return to “Mods”