[MOD 0.14.x] Personal Teleporter

Topics and discussion about specific mods

Should I reduce the cost of a Personal Teleporter to only 10 fusion reactors?

Yes (cost 10 fusion reactors)
65%
No (keep cost at 100 fusion reactors)
35%
Other cost
No votes

Total votes: 20

WhatheWorld
Inserter
Inserter

[MOD 0.14.x] Personal Teleporter

Post by WhatheWorld »

Personal Teleporter
warp-zone-glitch-remix-300px.png
warp-zone-glitch-remix-300px.png (26.8 KiB) Viewed 17258 times
Lets you craft a Personal Teleporter Equipment that goes into your Power Armor and allows you to Teleport around your base where you have put Teleporter Beacons. Take a look at the screen shots.

A lot of Thanks to iUltimateLP and his mod SimpleTeleporters for inspiration and for the use of His Code and graphics.
Screen shots
Info:
Long Description:
If you are tired of running the full length of your base every time you need to check on something or fix a small design error, this is the mod for you. Now on the click of a button you can travel hundreds of miles in a second.
All you have to do is research personal Teleporter, build yourself one (parts not included), then place a beacon where you want to teleport to and then you can visit your favorite location as often as you like.
Version History
Git Hub link: https://github.com/WhatheWorld/PersonalTeleporter

ALL NEW VERSION WILL BE HOSTED ON THE MOD PORTAL (https://mods.factorio.com/mods/jroberts ... Teleporter)
Attachments
PersonalTeleporter_0.1.4.zip
V0.1.4
(539.86 KiB) Downloaded 263 times
PersonalTeleporter_0.1.3.zip
v0.1.3
(539.86 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
PersonalTeleporter_0.1.2.zip
V0.1.2
(539.84 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
PersonalTeleporter_0.1.1.zip
V0.1.1
(539.85 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
PersonalTeleporter_0.0.3.zip
v0.0.3
(539.7 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
PersonalTeleporter_0.0.2.zip
v0.0.2
(539.64 KiB) Downloaded 327 times
PersonalTeleporter_0.0.1.zip
(539.44 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
Last edited by WhatheWorld on Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:06 am, edited 21 times in total.
Author of Personal Teleporter

GameCharmer
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Personal Teleporter

Post by GameCharmer »

Yes! Adding this to the list immediately. I'll be streaming with it very shortly. :D

Any known issues with multiplayer? I play solo, but for those out there that don't I figured I'd ask.

WhatheWorld
Inserter
Inserter

Post by WhatheWorld »

GameCharmer wrote:Yes! Adding this to the list immediately. I'll be streaming with it very shortly. :D

Any known issues with multiplayer? I play solo, but for those out there that don't I figured I'd ask.

I have not tested

sporefreak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by sporefreak »

Would it be possible to add a maximum range? I dont like how easy it would make exploring really far. Great idea though :P

WhatheWorld
Inserter
Inserter

Post by WhatheWorld »

sporefreak wrote:Would it be possible to add a maximum range? I dont like how easy it would make exploring really far. Great idea though :P
The entire reason I made this mod was to not have a maximum range, also that is why it cost so much to make.

GameCharmer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by GameCharmer »

Everything was working great, placing new beacons, teleporting around, awesome stuff. Then I saved, quit, came back, and while I can place more beacons, they won't add to the list, so they're effectively useless. :(

Update. I had the teleport box open when I saved and came back. The box was still open with prior beacons listed. After closing the box by hitting the main teleport button, I lost my original beacon but can place again. Essentially, on load, all prior beacons were forgotten.

WhatheWorld
Inserter
Inserter

Post by WhatheWorld »

GameCharmer wrote:Everything was working great, placing new beacons, teleporting around, awesome stuff. Then I saved, quit, came back, and while I can place more beacons, they won't add to the list, so they're effectively useless. :(

Update. I had the teleport box open when I saved and came back. The box was still open with prior beacons listed. After closing the box by hitting the main teleport button, I lost my original beacon but can place again. Essentially, on load, all prior beacons were forgotten.

I will look into this now.

WhatheWorld
Inserter
Inserter

Post by WhatheWorld »

WhatheWorld wrote:
GameCharmer wrote:Everything was working great, placing new beacons, teleporting around, awesome stuff. Then I saved, quit, came back, and while I can place more beacons, they won't add to the list, so they're effectively useless. :(

I will look into this now.
I have corrected the error and updated it you should be good now. sorry for that.

Sedar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedar »

Wow. Really cool mod for end game. Because even using several exoskeletons and using roads the movement even inside the base is still too slow. This mod is a expensive cost, but completely solve this problem. Thank you. :D

WhatheWorld
Inserter
Inserter

Post by WhatheWorld »

Sedar wrote:Wow. Really cool mod for end game. Because even using several exoskeletons and using roads the movement even inside the base is still too slow. This mod is a expensive cost, but completely solve this problem. Thank you. :D
Tanks for the feed back, yeah still working on balancing would love to hear your feedback.

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

definitely keeping an eye on this one

good idea

GameCharmer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by GameCharmer »

For balancing, I'd love to see the beacons act as massive one-way accumulators that reset to 0 on use. Soak up 1G of power, then dump it all when someone teleports in. Might be doable with a hidden entity or something.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Very cool mod.
I noticed that the transporter Beacon charges itself, but then never discharges. Is it normal ? What is the logic ? What is this accumultated energy used for ?
My mods on the Factorio Mod Portal :geek:

WhatheWorld
Inserter
Inserter

Post by WhatheWorld »

binbinhfr wrote:Very cool mod.
I noticed that the transporter Beacon charges itself, but then never discharges. Is it normal ? What is the logic ? What is this accumultated energy used for ?
Yeah that was an oversight by me, the next update in the next week or so will fix that. I am thinking that it will use about 1/4 of the power it can hold.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

WhatheWorld wrote:
Yeah that was an oversight by me, the next update in the next week or so will fix that. I am thinking that it will use about 1/4 of the power it can hold.
Yes, good idea ! the departure should consume power on your intern armor teleporter, and the arrival should consume power on the destination teleporter. All this cannot be free :D

WhatheWorld
Inserter
Inserter

Post by WhatheWorld »

binbinhfr wrote:
WhatheWorld wrote:
Yes, good idea ! the departure should consume power on your intern armor teleporter, and the arrival should consume power on the destination teleporter. All this cannot be free :D
It does consume power from the internal armor teleporter.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

WhatheWorld wrote:It does consume power from the internal armor teleporter.
Yes, I saw that by repeating teleport too much ;)

Michelle
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Michelle »

Hmm, the problem GameCharmer mentioned still persist apparently, when i exit the game and reenter, all the saved beacons disappear, so the ones placed become useless :cry:

*Edit
Game version is 0.12.30, and I downloaded the latest mod version

WhatheWorld
Inserter
Inserter

Post by WhatheWorld »

Michelle wrote:Hmm, the problem GameCharmer mentioned still persist apparently, when i exit the game and reenter, all the saved beacons disappear, so the ones placed become useless :cry:

*Edit
can you give me a full list of mods installed.

WhatheWorld
Inserter
Inserter

Post by WhatheWorld »

Michelle wrote:Hmm, the problem GameCharmer mentioned still persist apparently, when i exit the game and reenter, all the saved beacons disappear, so the ones placed become useless :cry:

*Edit
I found the problem on factoriomods.com i did not upload the newest file but it is now up to date. re download and it should work.

Return to “Mods”