[MOD 0.12.x] Solar Modules

Topics and discussion about specific mods
AdventAngel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[MOD 0.12.x] Solar Modules

Post by AdventAngel »

Name: Solar Modules
Description: Adds advanced versions of Portable Solar Panels.
Version: 1.0.0
Release: 4/22/2016
Tested With Factorio Version: 0.12.30
Category: Gameplay
Tags: Solar Power, Armor Modules
Download-Url: Attached~
License
Long Description
Pictures
Version history
Attachments
Solar-Modules_1.0.0.zip
First Version (Balanced)
(92.42 KiB) Downloaded 254 times
My Armor Module Mods: Solar Modules, Battery Modules, Shield Modules, Fusion Modules (Not completely Balanced as of yet. I'll be posting a (hopefully) more balanced version of each mod soon.)

My Other Mods: Flying Enemies

bam13302
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Solar Modules

Post by bam13302 »

Seems a bit OP, even the MK2 will generate more power than a portable fusion reaction (fusion generates 75 kW in a 4x4, a 4x4 of MK2 will generate 80 kW)
That being said, i expect that even the MK2 will be severely limited by batteries since they only work during the day and the batteries for armor in factorio always seemed woefully insufficient.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

bam13302 wrote:Seems a bit OP, even the MK2 will generate more power than a portable fusion reaction (fusion generates 75 kW in a 4x4, a 4x4 of MK2 will generate 80 kW)
That being said, i expect that even the MK2 will be severely limited by batteries since they only work during the day and the batteries for armor in factorio always seemed woefully insufficient.
Yes, this showcases one of the big dangers of modding, which is that game balance can go right out the window, screaming at the top of its lungs.

AdventAngel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by AdventAngel »

Pretty much. I really suck at balancing, so I'm happy to get help for it~
I did assume that the daylight-only part of the solar panels would hinder it's use, but I guess it's not enough when they can be mass produced.

Edit:
Peter34 wrote:
bam13302 wrote:Seems a bit OP, even the MK2 will generate more power than a portable fusion reaction (fusion generates 75 kW in a 4x4, a 4x4 of MK2 will generate 80 kW)
Yes, this showcases one of the big dangers of modding, which is that game balance can go right out the window, screaming at the top of its lungs.
While I was re-checking the calculations to fix this problem, I realized I don't really understand the "complaint" (if that was a complaint) on this post. The point of the Solar 2 was to completely overwrite the Fusion Reactor 1 slightly in power, but at the cost of a higher amount of materials initially (therefore the MK2 in its name). Your calculation showed that I succeeded...
(Either way, I'm still trying to balance the values of this mod as well as my other 3 so I wouldn't mind any criticism :) )

So basically the efficiency (energy per 1x1 armor set) would be higher on the MK2 Solars, but they would cost more Processing Units to make.
My Armor Module Mods: Solar Modules, Battery Modules, Shield Modules, Fusion Modules (Not completely Balanced as of yet. I'll be posting a (hopefully) more balanced version of each mod soon.)

My Other Mods: Flying Enemies

Return to “Mods”