Adil wrote:Hey, nicely done mod.
I see that chest can only place single blueprint ever. Have you considered replacing them after they do their thing to provide visual indication of that?
Also, I believe one of the obsolete blueprint mods provided deconstruction functionality as well. Think you could add some bad-deconstruction-marker as well? (A non-colliding entity, which ghost marks anything below it for deconstruction and then selfdestroys?)
Thanks for the feedback. Actually both of these mechanics were already planned, I have just been sidetracked by that pesky thing called Real Life for a few weeks. I plan to come back and properly finish this mod very soon.
The way I had planned this is as follows:
- Firstly, the deployer should reset whenever a blueprint is removed from it. This will leave it ready to deploy another blueprint when inserted. Currently there is a flag so it doesn't keep deploying over the top of the existing ghosts! But this flag never gets unset once a blueprint is inserted.
- For destruction I was going to have a "Destructive Deployer" entity. This would take a normal blueprint and just mark for destruction anything in the way before creating the ghosts. I didn't plan a way to purely destroy things without deploying new stuff ... I'll definitely think about your marker idea as this would give more flexibility, but sounds like more work for the player to set up.
- Oh, I also wanted to add a feature where the blueprint will be automatically re-deployed IF the ghosts expire before everything is built. This gets useful when things scale to a certain point and manufacturing/delivery of items can't keep up.
- Finally, there does I think need to be some way you can detect when a deployment is completed, maybe a custom circuit condition?
What I have been thinking about here is a modular base building setup where, combined with circuit conditions, you could decide to build either a mining facility or a power plant (for instance), depending on the presence of resources at a deployment location. It might look as follows:
1. Deploy a blueprint with drills and smart chests.
2. If the chests detect resources, destruct the chests and deploy belts and whatever other means to extract the resources. You probably want a network of belts connecting all the way back to your main base.
3. Otherwise, destruct all the drills and deploy panels/accumulators (or you could randomly insert manufacturing facilities, perhaps build a smelting plant if there is an adjacent mining facility, and so on...)
4. Either way ... at this point send all the blueprints into cloning machines and send copies on to be deployed in adjacent sectors.
I can imagine advanced players building some VERY complex setups with all of these principles.