[MOD 0.18] Orbital Ion Cannon 1.8.2

Topics and discussion about specific mods
bNarFProfCrazy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] Orbital Ion Cannon 1.4.6

Post by bNarFProfCrazy »

diongham wrote:
Supercheese wrote:I'm working on updating for Factorio 0.15, and there are a bunch of new features I'm taking advantage of.

Of course, now that nuclear power is in vanilla, I'm wondering if I should change the recipe for the ion cannon. Maybe include a reactor?
Also launching the cannon gave space science packs.
IMO there is nothing wrong with that although I would reduce the total amount granted for IonC laumches.

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

bNarFProfCrazy wrote:
IMO there is nothing wrong with that although I would reduce the total amount granted for IonC laumches.
That's okay. I'll just edit it in the mods file lol
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

pheenix99
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by pheenix99 »

Can't wait to give this a go in 0.15

Biker
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Biker »

pheenix99 wrote:Can't wait to give this a go in 0.15
Amen!

Till then I'm playing plain vanilla....

Slayn25
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Slayn25 »

Yeah despite the optimizations in 0.15 my UPS has really dipped, I'm guessing due to not being able to use this mod. (More biters nearby base).

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

This mod was neat but was always noisy, a bit cheap over all as well. I hope with 0.15 we have to create something a ton more expensive or have the option. I would expect something like this to cost insane amount of materials and density maybe even multiple shipments to modular build it. Maybe I'm a bit crazy..

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Kane wrote:This mod was neat but was always noisy, a bit cheap over all as well. I hope with 0.15 we have to create something a ton more expensive or have the option. I would expect something like this to cost insane amount of materials and density maybe even multiple shipments to modular build it. Maybe I'm a bit crazy..
A new "Marathon" or "Expensive" option sounds like it could be nice... :idea:

Jürgen Erhard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jürgen Erhard »

Supercheese wrote:
Kane wrote:This mod was neat but was always noisy, a bit cheap over all as well. I hope with 0.15 we have to create something a ton more expensive or have the option. I would expect something like this to cost insane amount of materials and density maybe even multiple shipments to modular build it. Maybe I'm a bit crazy..
A new "Marathon" or "Expensive" option sounds like it could be nice... :idea:
The game now does support mod settings both when creating a map and during the game... ;-)

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Jürgen Erhard wrote:The game now does support mod settings both when creating a map and during the game... ;-)
Exactly!

Oleksij
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Oleksij »

Hey @Supercheese,

Your mod was my favorite in 0.14 after resource eraser. I even stopped playing factorio for a week, because I need to go out into the wild to extend my base, and nuking all these biters bores me to death. :)

When do you plan to release 0.15 update? Will changing the supported version in config file work, or should we wait for the update?

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Ok, I've got some of the new features ready for the 0.15 update, but I've run into a nasty problem: the localization seems to have completely broken, and for the life of me, I cannot figure out why my locale/en/en.cfg file is not being loaded properly -- all I get is a bunch of "unknown key"s.

I've attached the preliminary version 1.5.0, in hopes that someone can help figure out the problem. A changelog is bundled, as always.

Sorted, thanks all.
Last edited by Supercheese on Sat May 13, 2017 5:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Is there like a harder version vanilla users for the mod? Something requires 100k's of materials just to launch say was ion cannon?

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Supercheese wrote:Ok, I've got some of the new features ready for the 0.15 update, but I've run into a nasty problem: the localization seems to have completely broken, and for the life of me, I cannot figure out why my locale/en/en.cfg file is not being loaded properly -- all I get is a bunch of "unknown key"s.

I've attached the preliminary version 1.5.0 here, in hopes that someone can help figure out the problem. A changelog is bundled, as always.
Localization no longer accepts whitespaces in front of =
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=44733&hilit=+localization#p258314

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Optera wrote:Localization no longer accepts whitespaces in front of =
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=44733&hilit=+localization#p258314
Indeed -- however, I do not have whitespace in front of the equals signs, hence my confusion.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

congratulations-first = Congratulations at sending up your first orbital ion cannon!
congratulations-additional = Congratulations at sending up another orbital ion cannon!

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Nexela wrote:congratulations-first = Congratulations at sending up your first orbital ion cannon!
congratulations-additional = Congratulations at sending up another orbital ion cannon!
Thanks, fixed those... but same problem still. :|
Last edited by Supercheese on Sat May 13, 2017 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Also I noticed that ion cannon ready ticks is per player, wouldn't this make more sense as a runtime global?

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

3.414 Error ModManager.cpp:693: Load locale error for mod "Orbital Ion Cannon": Duplicate key "ion-cannon-voice-style" in property tree at ROOT.mod-setting-description

fregate84
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by fregate84 »

the problem is cause of this line (twice define the same variable) :

Code: Select all

ion-cannon-voice-style=Play a klaxon sound whenever a target for an ion cannon is designated.
but I don't know why.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

fregate84 wrote:the problem is cause of this line (twice define the same variable) :

Code: Select all

ion-cannon-voice-style=Play a klaxon sound whenever a target for an ion cannon is designated.
but I don't know why.
A simple copy paste error throwing the parser off like that? You should report that as bug.

Return to “Mods”