MOD [ 0.18.x / 1.1 ] Bio-Industries

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Kryzeth
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: MOD [0.12.x | 0.13.x] Bio-Industries 1.2.0 - (Formally Bio-Farm)

Post by Kryzeth »

TheSAguy wrote: Concrete: Uses Iron Sticks (Rebarb) and not Iron-Ore
Rail (Vanilla and Wood): Uses Crushed Stone and not Stone
Tree Collision box made smaller
Ohohoo, I like these updates. This one mod has replaced so many other mods that I've used, it's amazing. Even integrating their recipes together with Treefarm's crushed stone, I love it! Also the fact that I really wanted the cokery from Treefarm AC, but it kept giving me errors whenever I tried loading a saved game after adding/removing a mod (which happens too damn often!) But yes, many thanks for shrinking my modlist by a ton!

makapse
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by makapse »

For some reason i cant get the bioreactor to input liquid CO no matter how i try to input it,either by direct building transfer or by pipe.The CO is being produced but not going into the reactor

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

makapse wrote:For some reason i cant get the bioreactor to input liquid CO no matter how i try to input it,either by direct building transfer or by pipe.The CO is being produced but not going into the reactor
It mush have something to do with the liquid temp.
Starting at some point in 0.13 it start having an effect.
I'll talk a look at it tonight. You can try and edit the liquids.lua if you want.

makapse
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by makapse »

Hrm changing the temp to 25 seems to have worked just fine. I didnt even notice the temp was set to -200. Seems like a minor fix to a mostly random design realism attempt.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

makapse wrote:Hrm changing the temp to 25 seems to have worked just fine. I didnt even notice the temp was set to -200. Seems like a minor fix to a mostly random design realism attempt.
Thanks for the report Makapse.
Fixed in V1.2.1 - Liquid CO2 fix. Bio Garden nerfed from -40 to -30PU. Light entity removed from Bio-Garden.

funnysunnybunny
Inserter
Inserter

Re: MOD [0.12.x | 0.13.x] Bio-Industries 1.2.1 - (Formally Bio-Farm)

Post by funnysunnybunny »

Error while running deserialisation: [string "do local _={ts={growing={}},numSeedlings=284}..."]:1: too many local variables (limit is 200) in main function near '='
Hey, Im running into this error, it's completely dependant on how many seedlings I have (dunno if it persists if they're grown, I doubt it, and will try it out now
I don't find anything in the code that would create a 200 limit, so this is hardcoded? did tf have the same problem? (just switched due to some onload bug invalidating my save games if a mod gets added)

Also I don't know how you make the bio cannon nly attack spawners, would you mind explaining it? I'd like to add it to stuff.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

funnysunnybunny wrote:
Error while running deserialisation: [string "do local _={ts={growing={}},numSeedlings=284}..."]:1: too many local variables (limit is 200) in main function near '='
Hey, Im running into this error, it's completely dependant on how many seedlings I have (dunno if it persists if they're grown, I doubt it, and will try it out now
I don't find anything in the code that would create a 200 limit, so this is hardcoded? did tf have the same problem? (just switched due to some onload bug invalidating my save games if a mod gets added)

Thanks for the report funnysunnybunny, I guess I've never tried to plant more than 200 trees at a time... I'll work on a fix, for now, don't plant more than 200 at once :)
funnysunnybunny wrote: Also I don't know how you make the bio cannon nly attack spawners, would you mind explaining it? I'd like to add it to stuff.
The trick is, it's not a turret, its just a container that you put ammo in. It looks for spawners in a radius and if it finds any, it creates a projectile that goes to the spawner.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

funnysunnybunny wrote:
Hey Funnysunnybunny,
I just tested it with about 3,000 seedlings growing to trees and had no issues. Maybe it's because you added it to an existing game?
Let me know if it keeps happening and exactly what all you did.

Thanks.
Attachments
Grown
Grown
2.png (1.4 MiB) Viewed 6673 times
Plant
Plant
1.png (1.4 MiB) Viewed 6673 times

Berkys32
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Berkys32 »

How much pollution is cokery supposed to do? It was 3.6 for me, but now its 360 o.O

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Berkys32 wrote:How much pollution is cokery supposed to do? It was 3.6 for me, but now its 360 o.O
Yeah I increased the power usage and did not adjust the pollution. Fixed.

V1.2.2 - Fixed Cokery Pollution. Added some more tweaks
Tweaks:
Loot Pickup Distance x2
Slightly faster running.
Reach x2

Berkys32
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: MOD [0.12.x | 0.13.x] Bio-Industries 1.2.2 - (Formally Bio-Farm)

Post by Berkys32 »

Thanks for quick response!
Sorry, i forgot few bugs with cokery i revealed:
Sometimes i cant place it, i have to "rotate" it (even if it wont rotate at real)
Inserters wont work with some tiles of cokery - they dont drop or pickup items in these tiles (mostly corners I think)

Kryzeth
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: MOD [0.12.x | 0.13.x] Bio-Industries 1.2.2 - (Formally Bio-Farm)

Post by Kryzeth »

Berkys32 wrote: Sometimes i cant place it, i have to "rotate" it (even if it wont rotate at real)
Inserters wont work with some tiles of cokery - they dont drop or pickup items in these tiles (mostly corners I think)
I had just mentioned this in a previous comment of mine, lol. Something about non-square entities or something. It happened once in my game, and a save and exit/reload fixed it.

funnysunnybunny
Inserter
Inserter

TheSAguy wrote:
funnysunnybunny wrote:
Hey Funnysunnybunny,
I just tested it with about 3,000 seedlings growing to trees and had no issues. Maybe it's because you added it to an existing game?
Let me know if it keeps happening and exactly what all you did.

Thanks.
I'm so jealous to seeing that many seedlings, yes I added it to a running game if it persists into the next one I'll drop a lite everything else works fine and nice job on how the trees spawn dependant on their biomes

I realize that I didn't write very clear that this only happens on a load

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: MOD [0.12.x | 0.13.x] Bio-Industries 1.2.3 - (Formally Bio-Farm)

Post by TheSAguy »

V1.2.3 release.
Bio Garden's Pollution Cleaning Nerfed. From -30 PU to -20 PU.
Cokery Hixbox fix! Thanks for Yuoki for the new 3x3 model. (The old cokery was 4x3 and I think that's what caused the issues.) You might need to adjust your factory.

Remember you can plant seedlings on terrain and they will grow into trees. Use Fertilizer to make terrain grasslands, since trees grow best there.

FalcoGer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FalcoGer »

I think the rails, power poles, fence and game tweaks shouldn't be in it by default.
Fertilizer, wood production and cokery seem perfectly enough. The other stuff really just doesn't fit. Make an addon for it. There is really no need for the solar generator to be thrown in the mix, or even something like 2x pickup range or movement speed increase are something that's got nothing to do with what this mod aims to do. Changing the rail or wall recipe is similarly out of context, imo. Also what happened to treefarm-ac bioplastic? Why do I need an entirely different mod now for that to work that adds loads of stuff I don't want in my game, that completely rebalances everything, just to make some plastic?
I'd cut it back to as small a size as possible, making it modular so people can choose what they want rather than being forced on 10 features they don't need or want for every 3 that they would like to have. It's not even that. If you don't want big power poles or wooden fences, then that's fine, you just don't build them and the only adverse effect is that your menu is a little bit more cluttered. But changing vanilla recipes and stuff like speed and pickup range and such just is a big no no for me.
Also the solar farm really looks out of place with the coloration and rather wonky at it's angle while the other models fit into the design of the game.
Last edited by FalcoGer on Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

FalcoGer wrote: or even something like 2x pickup range or movement speed increase are something that's got nothing to do with what this mod aims to do.
It does that? :o :shock: :?
*Reading description*
That is super weird. Why would you do that? You are allowed to post several mods on the mod portal you know? Config is not good enough now that we have a mod portal. When you install from in game you never touch the files, so you can't change the settings in the process. And if you autoupdate your mods then you lose your config settings. Things that are just turning on/off features should be split into several mods for this reason.

I liked the wood farming aspect in Bio-Farm but not going to install Bio-Industries. Just adding a lot of random crap I can live without. Split the mod into several mods. All the new product that require wood can be their own mod. There are other mods that lets you run and reach faster and so on, no point in forcing it into this mod.

funnysunnybunny
Inserter
Inserter

Could you please change the reach change to be a configurable change?
I personally prefer to use Extendo Use where you have to research extended grabbers to increase reach, as well as Avatar, Drone and Sat Uplink to find out which will be my future infinite reach choice.
Tho, I also have no problem commenting it out, it is a good change in general.

Great mod!

-- edit --

perhaps make the config mod a seperate mod so it'll stay unchanged by updates unless new options could be added with an explanation and the strings to add manually

-- edit --
also getting the 200 variable max bug on updating the mod and reloading

apparently there are two work arounds but i can't find the piece of code that would need updating (haven't gone through all yet anyway)
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4980
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=26915

currently trying to edit the level.dat (the problem is that there's stuff being saved there that exceeds 200 variables in some situations) i hope it works manually removing all excess variables

Sirbab
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Sirbab »

Hello there, first of all i'd like to say that i appreciate the work you've done on the mod. I have a game going that i installed bio industries into, without noticing the vanilla tweaks. If i change the config.lua inside the mod, the recipe for stone walls for example remains the same. Other than reloading a save from before adding the mod, is there a way to have the config change apply to the ongoing game? Sorry, i'm not incredibly experienced with factorio modding.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Sirbab wrote:Hello there, first of all i'd like to say that i appreciate the work you've done on the mod. I have a game going that i installed bio industries into, without noticing the vanilla tweaks. If i change the config.lua inside the mod, the recipe for stone walls for example remains the same. Other than reloading a save from before adding the mod, is there a way to have the config change apply to the ongoing game? Sorry, i'm not incredibly experienced with factorio modding.
Try the following console command:
First press ~ then enter the following code:

Code: Select all

/c game.player.force.reset_recipes()

Berkys32
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Berkys32 »

*After reading previous posts reading description too*
Dear theSAguy!
Thank you very much for this great mod (until now i didnt realize its your work too).
I cant imagine playing NE without BIO-I, and cant imagine playing Factorio without NE. So your mods are must-have for me ;)
But I have to ask you too - could you please remove those cheat-like features - reach and speed? Reasons were told here, i think i dont have to repeat them ;)
But Im ok with recipechanging some vanilla items. I understand why you changed them ;)

And little suggestion - you should name your mods somehow so everyone knows its from you (like yuoki, bobs and so).
Everyone should know that those many great mods are from you just from reading mods name!

Once again, thank you sir for work you made for this community!

Return to “Mods”