[MOD 0.12.11] Tanks

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Maser
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[MOD 0.12.11] Tanks

Post by Maser »

Taking over from KON_Air since he seems to have abandoned the mod.

Original thread here: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 87&t=12810

Updated by /u/kickbuttpwnr on reddit. He doesn't have an account on here so I'm posting for him. Reddit thread here: https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... ing_a_mod/

Mod info, directly copied from the original thread:

Just checked the files to cheat me a super tank into TankWerkz, then I just couldn't stop myself. So thanks to thegreyman for TrankWerkz which set me down this path for two weeks.
This adds a mini tech tree that branches off of vanilla tech and has its own item category, so unless there some unfortunate name clashes would work with anything. Probably. Maybe.
Everyone is free to use this mod as usual with some form of crediting.. etc. etc.

I'll be taking a time off for a while though, be back in a week or so.

Anyhow going off of the added researches;

Battle Tank Research
Allows construction of Battle Tanks with different turret configurations on same chassis.
Unlocks:
Tank Factory
Builds Tanks/Support vehicles. Can be (and should be) outside Logistic chain, since there is little point in mass producing tanks.
Produces; Battle Tank Type A (Cannon + Flamethrower), Battle Tank Type B (45mm Auto Cannon + Combat Shotgun), Artillery (50 mm Artillery Cannon), Car (With Flame Thrower)
Ammunition Factory
Builds ammunition and needed components. All munitions use Universal Casing and Charges (except flame thrower ammo, which is basically 5 canisters poured into armoured tank). Some munitions are more cost effective then others.
Produces; Universal Heavy Ordinance Charges & Casing, Flamethrower Tanker (Vehicles Only), 45mm Auto Cannon Shell, 50mm Artillery Shell, Improved Cannon Shell

(A tank with flame thrower showing the local fauna who is the boss)

Battle Tank Upgrades
Allows construction of W.L.S.K (Wild Life Survival Kit) to improve armour of Battle Tanks. (WLSK + Tank = Upgraded Tank in Tank Factory)

Support Tanks Research
Allows construction of support tanks, Minelayer and a Rapid Firing Rocket Launcher system.
Unlocks;
Minelayer Tank (Minethrower + Combat Shotgun)/Minepack; Funny tank that shoots mines with perfect accuracy.
Rocket Tank (Loadsa Rockets)/Rocketpack; Will probably replace with a car to have the feeling of riding a rocket buggy from C&C Generals. Can shoot rockets until you run out of rockets.

Infantry Support
Allows construction of box magazines (Bullets and Shotgun shells) with large capacity to be used by Infantry or Vehicle mounted weapons. Also Fish Kits.
Unlocks;
Shotgun Shell & Bullet Box Magazine high capacity magazines player/turrets/vehicles can use.
Fish Kit: Process 5 fishes into 6 Fish Kits to help you survive.

Synthetic Explosives
A rather painful method of extracting required metarials for Universal Heavy Ordinance Charges from wood and stone instead of petrol products.
Unlocks;
Synthetic Universal Heavy Ordinance Charges; A silly way to utilize wood and rocks.

Chemical Weapons
Allows construction of chemical weapons. Normally banned, but screw the nature. After all what was the last nice thing nature did for you? Basically Poison grenades with more oomph.
Unlocks;
50mm Chemical Shell; Explodes and leaves a poisonous cloud behind.
Chemical Minepack; Explodes and leaves a poisonous cloud behind, but it is a land mine... eh.

Heavy Battle Tank Research
Allows construction of components and assembly of Heavy Battle Tanks (lies), the ultimate gas guzzlers and gun shooters. Now we are going into cheatsy territory and the original reason I started this. Without paying any heed to anything I have set everything to "HUEG & RICH" which resulted in massive hives. At least it was peaceful mode.
Unlocks;
Heavy Tank Type A (45mm Auto Cannon + 50mm Artillery Cannon + Machinegun Array), Heavy Tank Type B (Cannon + Flamethrower + Minelayer)

(Just imagine rather small Baneblade or a Predator tank instead of rescaled Factorio tank)

Windlass Mass Desyncronizer Cannon
Allows construction of Heavy Battle Tanks with Windlass Mass Desyncronizer Cannon mounted. There is no reason other then pure hatred to drive one around. Of course when you make miniature Baneblades you have to make an Earthshaker artillery too.
Unlocks;
Heavy Artillery (150mm Windlass Mass Desyncronizer Cannon + Machinegun Array)

TODO:
-Fix numbers (costs, time, hp, armour.. etc.)
-Add more buggies.
-Read up on multiplayer shennanigans.
-Find someone to make tank sprites.
Attachments
tanks_0.0.9(0.12.11) Working Modules.zip
(2.64 MiB) Downloaded 1155 times

vedrit
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.11] Tanks

Post by vedrit »

I'm glad someone is working on this

GameCharmer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by GameCharmer »

Just to note, this is working perfectly on 12.16. Thanks for all the hard work!

Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Natha »

Will you update this mod for 0.13?

Neomore
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Neomore »

Natha wrote:Will you update this mod for 0.13?
After seeing this forum and speaking with Maser, I have taken over keeping the mod updated, and have released the new version for Factorio 0.13.X. There are still a couple things I want to change (one item isn't properly localized, and I'd like to make the tanks a bit less confusing as to which ammo they take), but for now the mod is working.

The mod has been renamed to Advanced Tanks, to match the other mods I keep updated, and can be found on the mod portal: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Neomore/Advanced-Tanks

All future releases will be made there. I'll also not likely check this page for comments, so please post comments on either the mod portal or my forum, which you can reach via this link: viewtopic.php?f=93&t=27550
Author of Advanced Factorio, a set of mods that add small bits of Advanced functionality to your gameplay

Check it out here: https://mods.factorio.com/user/neomore

Return to “Mods”