[MOD 0.15|0.14] Rail Tanker - Liquid transport 1.4.1

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Rail Tanker - Liquid transport

Post by Choumiko »

Sothix wrote:Hey guys, I got a little problem here and I woundered if anybody could help me. Everytime I load my save, following error appears: _ _ RailTanker_ _/control.lua:130:attempte to index global 'game' (a nil value)
This sounds like you are using an old version of RailTanker, try the latest release here: https://github.com/Choumiko/RailTanker/releases

I'll message a mod to maybe remove the outdated link in the first post and add a working one for the stable 0.12 releases

Sothix
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Sothix »

Nice it works, thank you so much, now I can go on with the construction of my little factory^^

Tankh
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tankh »

Yeah I got that problem trying to download from www.factoriomods.com

They don't seem to have the latest version

GotLag
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GotLag »

I was tinkering with my local copy and I found that changing the selection box on the tank proxy to {{-2.0, -2.0}, {2.0, 2.0}} makes it so much easier to mouse-over the tank to see its contents, and thanks to the Z-order you can still select pumps and other entities within that area.

Arduin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Arduin »

hoho wrote:
ikke009 wrote:On the latest version of the game I can't seem to unload the train without replacing a pipe or pump every time the train arrives. Apparently this is a known bug but do you have any idea when you can fix this?
I have the same problem. I'm using a ton of mods, including squeak through. I think that one might mess things up as it modifies collision boxes for things. I'll have to remember to check it next time I play.

[edit]

I just commented out the line dealing with small pump from sequak through and now railtanker pumps trigger properly.
Thanks so much for this hint! That solved the problem :)

Chruschtschow
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Chruschtschow »

Hey, there seems to be an incompatibilty between this mod and Orbital Ion Cannon 1.0.9. I cannot load my savegame when both are active at the same time.

I would love to haul lots of oil and strike stuffs with blasts right out of the sky at the same time. ;)

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

New release: Rail Tanker 1.1.3

Changes:
  • optional dependency for SqueakThrough: It will revert the collision box of small pumps back to vanilla, since that seems to solve the issue of them not connecting to the tank
  • increased selection box of tanks, so they are easier to select
Thanks hoho and GotLag for the reports.

If anyone has a save where the problem of tanks staying behind is reproducable i'd appreciate if i can get my hands on it to try and fix it.
Chruschtschow wrote:Hey, there seems to be an incompatibilty between this mod and Orbital Ion Cannon 1.0.9. I cannot load my savegame when both are active at the same time.

I would love to haul lots of oil and strike stuffs with blasts right out of the sky at the same time. ;)
I installed Orbital Ion Cannon, loading old saves, starting a new game all worked. What other mods are you using? Getting any errors?

Grey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Grey »

first post still mentions 1.1.2 as current release.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Grey wrote:first post still mentions 1.1.2 as current release.
Fixed it, since i now have ownership of the thread.

thebacon
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Rail Tanker - Liquid transport 1.1.3

Post by thebacon »

It appears liquids are handled somewhere behind the scenes? I was looking at a way to make it work more like a Storage Tank, but haven't seen any way to apply liquids to an entity. Suppose that is the reason for the proxy tanks?

GotLag
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GotLag »

thebacon wrote:It appears liquids are handled somewhere behind the scenes? I was looking at a way to make it work more like a Storage Tank, but haven't seen any way to apply liquids to an entity. Suppose that is the reason for the proxy tanks?
It uses a proxy tank because the cargo-wagon entity doesn't support having a fluidbox (the fluid equivalent of inventory space). This means that even if you add one to your prototype definition, when the prototype is loaded the fluidbox will be ignored because the parser isn't looking for it.

Shados
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Shados »

I'm still seeing issues with 1.1.3 (with or without Squeak Through installed as well) where the pumps won't connect to a tank unless they're manually broken & re-placed. This doesn't happen at *all* my stations however, just some of them, and I can't see any obvious pattern to which ones the issue occurs at.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Shados wrote:I'm still seeing issues with 1.1.3 (with or without Squeak Through installed as well) where the pumps won't connect to a tank unless they're manually broken & re-placed. This doesn't happen at *all* my stations however, just some of them, and I can't see any obvious pattern to which ones the issue occurs at.
Are the stations all horizontal or vertical? Or do the pumps not connect on both? I have an idea on how to make the connection points more consistent, but lacking the time right now.

Hollow2351
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Hollow2351 »

i get this whenever i try to start the game while having the mod installed how do i fix this????
Attachments
3b0a8a5b0332c9da6201b18339b800fe.png
3b0a8a5b0332c9da6201b18339b800fe.png (64.99 KiB) Viewed 6488 times

GotLag
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GotLag »

What version of Factorio are you running? That looks like a bug from 0.12.25 or earlier.

Hollow2351
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Hollow2351 »

I'm running 0.12.3 right now..

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Hollow2351 wrote:I'm running 0.12.3 right now..
You need to upgrade, then.

Hollow2351
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Hollow2351 »

Supercheese wrote:
Hollow2351 wrote:I'm running 0.12.3 right now..
You need to upgrade, then.
but how? I'm sorry im new to this game :S

diilmac
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by diilmac »

polish translation made by me
http://pastebin.com/5kj96TTj

IGotBaconSoda
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by IGotBaconSoda »

Choumiko wrote:
Shados wrote:I'm still seeing issues with 1.1.3 (with or without Squeak Through installed as well) where the pumps won't connect to a tank unless they're manually broken & re-placed. This doesn't happen at *all* my stations however, just some of them, and I can't see any obvious pattern to which ones the issue occurs at.
Are the stations all horizontal or vertical? Or do the pumps not connect on both? I have an idea on how to make the connection points more consistent, but lacking the time right now.
I also had this issue. I went into debug mode and saw that there were undeletable selection boxes over where my rail tankers stop sometimes. When I press tab, I can see the icon for the contents of the rail tanker, whether or not a rail tanker is actually on the rail. I have a feeling this is the issue, since if I move my pumps to a new spot, it doesn't have a problem.

Return to “Mods”