binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[MOD 0.13] Copy settings tool - copy once, paste multiple

Post by binbinhfr »

Infos
  • Type: Mod
  • Name: Copy Settings Tool
  • Description: This area selection tool is an extension of the classical copy-paste settings feature, that allows multiple paste on a group of objects in one operation, but also selectively wiping their settings.
  • Tested-With-Factorio-Version: 0.13.10
  • Locale: english, french
  • Multiplayer compatible: tested on a headless server.
  • Tags: Copy paste settings
  • License: You are free to use and distribute this mod and also to modify it for personal use, but not to release a modified version without permission (unless visibly not maintained anymore).
  • Portal download : https://mods.factorio.com/mods/binbinhf ... ttingsTool
logo.jpg
logo.jpg (28.35 KiB) Viewed 7689 times
DESCRIPTION
Download
For Factorio 0.13.X :
Please use the portal for downloads (see link above or use ingame mod install/update).
Last edited by binbinhfr on Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:31 pm, edited 7 times in total.
My mods on the Factorio Mod Portal :geek:

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13+] Copy settings tool - copy once, paste multiple

Post by Nexela »

Nice one!

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Thx guy ! I was missing such a tool to change a whole zone of assemblers in my full-robots factory.
Using EfficienSee, I now can fine tune such a factory more easily.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Sounds wonderful! Love your mods Binbinhfr ;)
I'm a little confused how it would also change the request slots at the same time without ever copying it's settings. Does it check which chests are close by to the source object or did I misunderstand something? Might be more clear after I've tried it in game.

siggboy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by siggboy »

It's the same as if you had shift-clicked everything, the assemblers and the chests. The tool just makes it easier.

Which is completely awesome by the way. It's also great for setting up arrays of inserters that need a filter or enable-condition.
Is your railroad worrying you? Doctor T-Junction recommends: Smart, dynamic train deliveries with combinator Magick

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Qon wrote:Sounds wonderful! Love your mods Binbinhfr ;)
I'm a little confused how it would also change the request slots at the same time without ever copying it's settings. Does it check which chests are close by to the source object or did I misunderstand something? Might be more clear after I've tried it in game.
It already exists in game :
if you copy an assembler (with its recipe), and paste it
- on an assembler, you will paste the recipe
- on a requester chest : you will paste the needed ingredients of the recipe

It just made it multiple.
You can now paste on several objects at once.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

1.0.1 - now the copy can also be done with the classic shift-right-mouse on one single object.
the copy with the shift-area of the Copy Settings Tool still works : so you have
now two ways to copy.
But the clipboard of the Copy Settings Tool has the priority if it is not empty.
To empty it, you can shift select an empty area.

siggboy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by siggboy »

Another great mod, binbinhfr. I really missed that functionality, it's interesting that nobody had this idea earlier.
Is your railroad worrying you? Doctor T-Junction recommends: Smart, dynamic train deliveries with combinator Magick

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

siggboy wrote:Another great mod, binbinhfr. I really missed that functionality, it's interesting that nobody had this idea earlier.
Thx guy !

I just also added a hotkey and a wipe feature, that I was missing in my factory day-to-day work :-)

1.0.2 - suppress the classic shit-right-mouse copy added in v1.0.1,
to allow a new and more useful feature : "wipe all settings"
If your CST clipboard is empty (to do this, you must shift-select-area an empty zone), and then
if you multiple paste on a group of objects, you will be ask if you want to wipe their settings
and what kind of settings you want to wipe.
- add a hotkey (Alt-V) for grabbing any Copy Settings Tool in your inventory. This key is
customisable in Factorio menu options/controls/mods.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

NOTE : several users noticed that there is now a bad interaction with Module Inserter by Choumiko. My tool triggers his tool too... It's because Choumiko made a little mistake in his code, forgetting to test the identity of his tool... It will be the same with any custom Selection Tool mod. I made him a request, and I hope he will update his mod soon. I cannot do anything about it by myself. Sorry.

Jupiter
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jupiter »

Great work!
Just the kind of thing I'm looking for.

Edit: you could also add train-stop names and train schedules as copy-multi-paste targets.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Jupiter wrote:Edit: you could also add train-stop names and train schedules as copy-multi-paste targets.
For the moment, I just derivate the classic mono Copy Settings integrated in factorio.
If it does not work with trains, it won't work with my mod.
I will see how I can integrate that anyway for schedules, because it can be interesting.
But I do not see the interest of duplicating station names, as you want unique names to avoid identification errors, no ?

siggboy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by siggboy »

Station names and train schedules can be copy-pasted in Vanilla with shift-clicking.

So they should already be included in the copy settings tool; if not, then that's a bug, or not? I haven't tested if it works.

It would be useful (at least for the schedules, probably less so for the station names).

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

siggboy wrote:Station names and train schedules can be copy-pasted in Vanilla with shift-clicking.

So they should already be included in the copy settings tool; if not, then that's a bug, or not? I haven't tested if it works.

It would be useful (at least for the schedules, probably less so for the station names).
I cannot test it until this evening, but if it's part of the vanilla copy-paste, then it should work with my tool.
But I wonder why you would need a multiple paste on stations that are usually not grouped close to each other...

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

binbinhfr wrote:But I wonder why you would need a multiple paste on stations that are usually not grouped close to each other...
Train stops (a game entity, not stations) are usually grouped together in bigger stations and can benefit from all stops in the station having the same name.
If 2 stops have the same name a train can go to either one, whichever is close and free.

Jupiter
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jupiter »

binbinhfr wrote:
Jupiter wrote:Edit: you could also add train-stop names and train schedules as copy-multi-paste targets.
For the moment, I just derivate the classic mono Copy Settings integrated in factorio.
If it does not work with trains, it won't work with my mod.
I will see how I can integrate that anyway for schedules, because it can be interesting.
But I do not see the interest of duplicating station names, as you want unique names to avoid identification errors, no ?
Oh I don't know if it works with your mod or not. You asked for more ideas in your first post so I posted ideas :p

Does your mod work with modded items like the burner-filter-inserter?

As for the station names, I actually have a bunch (5 or 6 now, might be like 20 in the future) of trainstops all close together with the same name.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Qon wrote:If 2 stops have the same name a train can go to either one, whichever is close and free.
Nice to know !
Jupiter wrote:Oh I don't know if it works with your mod or not. You asked for more ideas in your first post so I posted ideas :p

Does your mod work with modded items like the burner-filter-inserter?

As for the station names, I actually have a bunch (5 or 6 now, might be like 20 in the future) of trainstops all close together with the same name.
So as told before, if it works with vanilla copy/paste, it will work with my mod, that implements the same function, just multiplying it and designing an area tool for that.

If the modded burner-filter-inserter is correctly done, it should work.

But the best way is to test. I cannot test all mods myself ;-) But if you discover a problem, I'll do my best to solve it.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

So I tried with train stops and trains schedules.
Train stops works but not train schedule, because till now I only pasted on buildable entities.
I changed this and now it works also on train settings.

I filtered out rails in order to easily select-copy train stops or trains, because otherwise it was too hard with the rectangle tool.

please update.

Jupiter
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jupiter »

binbinhfr wrote:So I tried with train stops and trains schedules.
Train stops works but not train schedule, because till now I only pasted on buildable entities.
I changed this and now it works also on train settings.

I filtered out rails in order to easily select-copy train stops or trains, because otherwise it was too hard with the rectangle tool.

please update.
Thanks!

Return to “Mods”