[MOD 0.16.x] ShinyBob_0.16.x

Topics and discussion about specific mods
TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.35] ExtraChests v0.1.5 (Addon Shine Bobsmod)

Post by TheSAguy »

Tyrindor wrote:
qjm123 wrote::o :o :o What?! Big update on Bob's mod logistic!!!! Noooooooooooo!!!! :shock: :? :shock: :?

I don't think I will keeping much longer updating my mod as it takes me an insane amount of time and energy... I will try to fix things for this last update of Bob's but that's it... No more updates from me.

The following updates will be the last I will support, from now on, I won't do any change to support new ones.

Inserters 0.13.3
Logistics 0.13.7
Greenhouse 0.13.2
Warfare 0.13.4
Plates 0.13.2
Config 0.13.1
Enemies 0.13.1
Power 0.13.1
Ores 0.13.1
mining 0.13.1
Library 0.13.1
Electronics 0.13.0
Tech 0.13.0

Hopefully by tomorrow I will have my last update uploaded.
Some people were trying to get bob to talk with you and see if he can just add this stuff in by default. Maybe contact him and help him get your stuff added in, especially all the research/item icons and the crafting UI restructure.

I don't think I would want to play bob's without this, too many of the texture/iconss are off putting and low resolution by default.
I second this, please contact Bob and offer him your icons as default. They are so much better!!

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

So I tried with bobs mods only, including greenhouse, no other mods in mods folder. The result stays the same error like before.
Factorio version is the latest, 0.13.9.

https://picload.org/image/rraiwdal/mod-list.jpg

I already played it in 0.12 with a huge amount of other mods and never had problems with it. first time now with 0.13.

Problem is, I cant imagine bobsmod now without shiny, its too good! :D

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qjm123 »

fishycat wrote:So I tried with bobs mods only, including greenhouse, no other mods in mods folder. The result stays the same error like before.
Factorio version is the latest, 0.13.9.

https://picload.org/image/rraiwdal/mod-list.jpg

I already played it in 0.12 with a huge amount of other mods and never had problems with it. first time now with 0.13.

Problem is, I cant imagine bobsmod now without shiny, its too good! :D
Sorry about that, I think that Bob updated the greenhouse mod just after my upload and I didn't see it.

But hopefully I've fixed whatever was causing the problem.

This will probably be my last update if there is no more issues, if bobs updates any mod and that causes problem with mine, sorry. Anyone can reuse, copy, do anything with my mod, only thing is to credit me. If Bob's wants to use or include any part, pics o whatever, he's more than welcome, no need to ask me, just do and credit ;) I will try to post it in the mods.factorio.com but it is really slow.
ShinyBob_0.13.2.zip
(78 MiB) Downloaded 162 times
Here psd for all images, feel free to reuse them, change, edit, paint, whatever, just credit the devs of factorio and me :lol:
Extras_PSD.rar
(46.65 MiB) Downloaded 125 times
thanks everybody

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

Just tried the new update, but unfortunatelly it keeps crashing while loading mods.

I have no idea what could be the problem, only mods active are bobs only and shiny, but won´t work :(
I looked in the prototypes/addon-functions.lua:53 but im not experienced enough to find a mistake, but maybe someone else could give me a hint, what could be the problem
to make this lovely mod run.

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qjm123 »

fishycat wrote:Just tried the new update, but unfortunatelly it keeps crashing while loading mods.

I have no idea what could be the problem, only mods active are bobs only and shiny, but won´t work :(
I looked in the prototypes/addon-functions.lua:53 but im not experienced enough to find a mistake, but maybe someone else could give me a hint, what could be the problem
:?: :?: :?: I really don't know what can be happening... here, picture of it working just fine in my pc:
proof_loaded.png
proof_loaded.png (651.03 KiB) Viewed 7626 times
The only thing I can suggest is to pack in a zip file your whole mod folder and send it me link to dropbox or just post it here or whatever form you prefer and I will have a look at it.

Thanks again for trying my mod and reporting back

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

I had to comment out the deforester line to get my version to load up.

data-updates.lua:4387 --addon_subgroup_order("selection-tool","deforest-planner" ,"energy","a4")

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

ok, just uploaded my mods folder to here: mods.7z

lenny27g
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lenny27g »

fishycat wrote:Just tried the new update, but unfortunatelly it keeps crashing while loading mods.

Nexela wrote:I had to comment out the deforester line to get my version to load up.

data-updates.lua:4387 --addon_subgroup_order("selection-tool","deforest-planner" ,"energy","a4")
Had the same issue as fishycat, nice fix Nexela.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Yup now I have to it all over again for the newest version :) Took me about 3 hours to port over all of my changes from the last version.

the addon_subgroup_order function doesn't have any safety catches on it :)

It should be re-written to include an if check for a valid item.

Some of the re-orderings do have an if check in data-updates but it would probably be cleaner to just move the if check inside of the addon_function that way any changes in mods or item/recipe names etc won't crash the game. and it would make it alot easier for the layperson to re-order other mods :)

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

Nexela wrote:I had to comment out the deforester line to get my version to load up.

lenny27g wrote:Had the same issue as fishycat, nice fix Nexela.

Just watched my data-updates.lua:4387, it says there: addon_subgroup_order("item","bob-robo-charge-port-large-3","addon-roboports","g") :?:

Why is it different?

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

might be some slight changes, my fix was on the first version released. just do a search for deforester and comment that line out

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

Found it further down and it works :shock:

Thanks a lot to all of you guys! Now let´s dive into a shiny new game :D

lenny27g
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lenny27g »

fishycat wrote:

lenny27g wrote:Had the same issue as fishycat, nice fix Nexela.

Just watched my data-updates.lua:4387, it says there: addon_subgroup_order("item","bob-robo-charge-port-large-3","addon-roboports","g") :?:

Why is it different?
You are looking at line 4378 instead of 4387 ;)

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

lenny27g wrote:You are looking at line 4378 instead of 4387 ;)
That was my first thought, too. But I found it in line 4448 instead.

lenny27g
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lenny27g »

Awesome! Love the update!
qjm123 wrote:Well, after almost 3 hours, still not uploaded into mods.factorio.com!!! :o Oh well... Until they fix their server I won't try to upload it there again.
Fine with me, I prefer forum downloads anyway ;)
qjm123 wrote: Be aware that updating from Factorio 0.12.x will cause few troubles. I do not have a specific script to "migrate" things, not sure how the migration process works exactly and to tired to try to figure it out. My save from 0.12 worked out quite well, few things were broken, but my base is still functional after redoing the whole electric system! Not sure what is going on with boilers and steam engines in 0.13 or Bob's updates but they were quite under performing.
Here is a migration script that turns your 'fast-smart-inserters" into bobs "express-filter-inserters". It works if done with his inserter migration for bobslogistics 0.13.7.
ShinyBob_0.13.2.json
(1.57 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
Here is the code in the above attachment:

Code: Select all

{
  "item":
  [
    ["fast-smart-inserter", "express-filter-inserter"],
    ["fast-smart-long-inserter", "express-filter-inserter"],
    ["fast-smart-near-inserter", "express-filter-inserter"],
    ["fast-smart-far-inserter", "express-filter-inserter"],
    ["fast-smart-short-far-inserter", "express-filter-inserter"],
    ["fast-smart-short-long-inserter", "express-filter-inserter"],
    ["fast-smart-long-near-inserter", "express-filter-inserter"],
    ["fast-smart-long-short-inserter", "express-filter-inserter"]
  ],
  "recipe":
  [
  ],
  "entity":
  [
  ]
}
Migration of items as you can see is super easy to do. You can remove your radar the same way by migrating them to bobs radar so that they won't be removed from the game upon load.

And bob changed the values on boilers and steam engines. You can enable the old values in his config file, but by default they are off.

lenny27g
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lenny27g »

fishycat wrote:
lenny27g wrote:You are looking at line 4378 instead of 4387 ;)
That was my first thought, too. But I found it in line 4448 instead.
Oh, thats odd. :|

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qjm123 »

This is really a strange thing. Unfortunately I can't seem to be able to download that file, not because of the file per se but my shity connection. I will have to go to a friend house tomorrow and download it from there. I am dying to see it. My guess is that you must have some options turn off in my config.lua and in Bob's config.lua too that somehow interact and produces this error. As I said, to me everything seems to work just fine. As well, if you have a look at that function, there should no be a reason that could give back an error as if any value is empty or doesn't exist then nothing should happen (to be loaded actually) Makes no sense. Oh well, I will wait till tomorrow to see what is wrong. Thanks guys for getting this fix so quick, amazing community :)

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

I have some changes in both configs, but I also tried with default settings from both mods. Every time with the same error. After this little fix, by commenting out the deforester thingy, it works just fine.

I´m very curious what you´ll find out. And yes, this community is very amazing! :)

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qjm123 »

Ok, finally found where my mistake was!!! Only took me 3 hours and half... :roll:

Oh well, at least I've found it, the mistake was that I was wrongly assuming that if

Code: Select all

if data.raw[type][name] then ...
if "type" didn't existe, it will return false no matter what "name" was. But actually what happens is that it actually try to load that "name" object no matter what, because "type" doesn't existe then it gives back an error "nil" not loaded as "type" doesn't existe!!!

Well, never the less, I've added lenny27g migration script, thanks again. I've added few updates on other mods as last night I was able to finally play some factorio and not just mod Bob's mod! :lol: As I am using few other mods, I updated their icons/tech too! Nothing major, but if you use them you will see them updated, config.lua will disable those changes if not wanted.

Thanks to Jezza for deforest-planner, NerlyDutch for filtered-deconstruction-planner, Choumiko for ModuleInserter, JJtJJ for TreeSeeds (loved this one, as he explicitly wrote: "not a designer, so shoot me"! instead of shooting him, I've decided to create some icons for his mod!), Klonan for Upgrade_Builder_Planner and malk0lm for upgrade-planner. Guys, hope you like my icons and feel free to include them in your mods, no need to ask, just credit the work and mention Devs and Bob's as some ideas comes from his mods.

Hope that will be it! I may come back and try to upgrade few things in TreeSeeds as I would like to create animations like the Treefarm-Lite mod that I love too. I think the TreeSeeds is a great mod but missing animation and so bad icon/graphics takes away some of it charm.

Version ShinyBob_0.13.3:
ShinyBob_0.13.3.zip
(78.09 MiB) Downloaded 258 times
Let's see if it works as it is suppose to!

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

Nice, I´m happy you could find it out so fast. Already downloaded new version and till now no problems so far.

Thanks a lot and happy gaming! :D

Return to “Mods”