Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[MOD 0.12.x] SmallFixes 0.1.22

Post by Choumiko »

Small Fixes

Info:
Makes some minor changes to vanilla:
  • prevent construction bots from going to the toolbar (default on)
  • prevent construction bots from being mined (default on)
  • mining construction bots returns the materials instead (default off)
  • change default request amount for requester chests/slots (default off)
  • change how many items are requested when copying from assembler to requester chest (default off)
  • add radar mk2 with doubled radius and 4x scanning speed/power usage (default off, same graphics as the vanilla one)
Radar Mk2
You can change every setting in the config.lua file (no fancy gui, i want to keep this simple). If changes don't get applied you might have to copy/rename the file located in the migrations folder.
Since this mod doesn't have a control.lua it should work without problems in multiplayer, if every player has the same config.lua
Should also work for construction bots from mods.

Issues: If your inventory is full and you disallowed construction bots going to your toolbar, they won't go there. Even if there are free slots/construction bots.
  • Name: SmallFixes
  • Latest Release: v0.1.22, August 23, 2016
  • Factorio Version: 0.13
  • Download: SmallFixes 0.1.22
  • License: MIT
Version history
Last edited by Choumiko on Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] SmallFixes 0.1.0

Post by orzelek »

Could you also include setting for requester_paste_multiplier as another small fix ?

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

orzelek wrote:Could you also include setting for requester_paste_multiplier as another small fix ?
Oh, yes, I'd love that. I think the default amount for Requester Chests/Slots is fine, but I'd like to be able to set a x3 or x4 multiplier for Requester Chest recipe pastes.

Colossus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Colossus »

orzelek wrote:Could you also include setting for requester_paste_multiplier as another small fix ?
Seconded, I always manually change my requester chests to x20 instead of x2, and defaulting this would be a huge time-saver

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

How much more does the Radar MkII cost to build? Does it require a tech to be invented or can it be built from the start?

Colossus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Colossus »

From the data file it looks like it unlocks with Advanced Circuits and needs 5 advanced circuits, 5 iron gear wheels, and 5 steel plates to build

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

Colossus wrote:From the data file it looks like it unlocks with Advanced Circuits and needs 5 advanced circuits, 5 iron gear wheels, and 5 steel plates to build
Cool. But it's the kind of information that should be given up front by modders.

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

Peter34 wrote:Cool. But it's the kind of information that should be given up front by modders.
The information is freely available. Jump in game to find out? or as colossus did, check the data files. (In game is more reliable if you have complex/multiple mods)

In saying that, it's just not reasonable or fair to expect modders to put 100% of the information in the thread heading. Could you imagine how long the post would be for Bob's Mods or Dytech if they had to list every recipe and every variation of the recipe?

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

Colossus wrote:Seconded, I always manually change my requester chests to x20 instead of x2, and defaulting this would be a huge time-saver
Ignore
Never mind. This mod handles the default value, not the pasted recipe from an Assembler. Oops.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Update: SmallFixes 0.1.1
added config to change requester_paste_multiplier as per request, defaults to off.

Added image with info about radar mk2 (tech, recipe)

Open for further requests, as long as they are only about changing some relatively low impact things compared to vanilla or "fix" things that one could consider a bug/cheat. I don't plan on adding new items, the radar is the exception since i didn't want to make another mod for 1 lonely item :D

Colossus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] SmallFixes 0.1.1

Post by Colossus »

Excellent! Thank you, it works great!

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

The config file would be a lot easier to work with if it contained linebreaks, instead of everything just being jumbled together.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Peter34 wrote:The config file would be a lot easier to work with if it contained linebreaks, instead of everything just being jumbled together.
Config file looks ok. It has unix line breaks - try using Notepad++ to edit it.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

orzelek wrote:
Peter34 wrote:The config file would be a lot easier to work with if it contained linebreaks, instead of everything just being jumbled together.
I just use the built-in Notepad.exe in Windows 7. It works fine for most text files, .ini files and so forth, but loads up the SmallFixes config without linebreaks.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Peter34 wrote:
orzelek wrote:
I just use the built-in Notepad.exe in Windows 7. It works fine for most text files, .ini files and so forth, but loads up the SmallFixes config without linebreaks.
Thats why I recommended Notepad++. Built in notepad is not aware of things like different line endings that are used on linux for example.

siggboy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by siggboy »

SmallFixes 0.1.2 needs a copy of the 0.1.1 migration file. Took me a while to find out about this (it's in the description but you should add it to the release).
Is your railroad worrying you? Doctor T-Junction recommends: Smart, dynamic train deliveries with combinator Magick

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Could you extend the unminable_bots to logistic bots?

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Updated to SmallFixes 0.1.22
  • added option to make logistic bots unminable (defaults to off)

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Added a version for Factorio 0.14.x SmallFixes 1.0.0

siggboy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] SmallFixes 0.1.22

Post by siggboy »

Can you make the following change to the mod:

Do not require config.lua to enable the fixes. This is bad because every time it gets updated, you have to unzip and manually restore the config. Which, in turn, is bad because most of the fixes are not enabled by default.

I recommend you steal the configuration UI of Creative Mode. It pops up when the mod is first loaded on a map, asking you which of the "cheats" you want to enable, and then remembers those settings across saves, and also across mod updates.

Probably Smallfixes could do it in much the same way. I'm pretty sure Mooncat won't object if you re-use his code for this mod.
Is your railroad worrying you? Doctor T-Junction recommends: Smart, dynamic train deliveries with combinator Magick

Return to “Mods”