Robot Network Poles/wire

Looking for a mod? Have a review on a mod you'd like to share?
zeroone4004
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Robot Network Poles/wire

Post by zeroone4004 »

Hello modders,

So I've been looking for a mod to help connect robot ports without needing to daisy chain a bunch of ports together. The basic idea I had was either electric poles or wire that can put on the poles that allows the bots to travel along the tire from one robot port's area to another's and allow them to maintain their current charge as they travel. The goal is to solve two problems without being too much of a cheat. First the Bermuda triangle effect where bots try to take a shortcut across a gap in the network die, return to the same port they just left, recharge, and repeat; and second wasting energy placing ports that only extend the network in a particular direction.

I didn't see one that did this already and decided to just write one myself, but I'm struggling with how to do this. I'm not necessarily giving up by posting this but figure someone might know a mod that already does this or might at least point me in the right direction for how to do this. I did do the mod tutorial which was super helpful but still left me with a lot of questions.

Thanks for any help on this.
zero

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Robot Network Poles/wire

Post by Koub »

If I understand, you're looking for a fusion between this and vanilla powerpoles so that each power pole has one of these integrated ?

Be aware that there is no solution to the "bermuda triangle" problem (except ensuring your logistic coverage is convex and hole-less).
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Questions, reviews and ratings”