[0.17] Bob's, Angels and Pyanodon

Looking for a mod? Have a review on a mod you'd like to share?
Premier2k
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17] Bob's, Angels and Pyanodon

Post by Premier2k »

Hey all,

I ventured into the world of mods after launching a few rockets in vanilla and having a play on seablock. I've ventured into the hardest challenge available, Bob's, Angel's and Pyanodons (with PyCoal touched) and right off the starting blocks I've hit a bit of a wall that I'm not sure how to smash through. I've spent about an hour going through FNEI to no avail...

I need to be able to make Printed Circuit Substrate 1, there is only 1 recipe for this, Copper plate (easy enough), Vacuum (seems ok) and Formica. I've started looking at Formica first.

To make Formica, there is again only 1 recipe, Melamine resin and Fiberboard.
To make Melamine resin, again, only 1 recipe, 2 x Melamine, 5 x Urea and 50 x Formaldehyde gas
To make Melamine, once again, only 1 recipe, 200 x water, 20 x cyanic acid and 20 x Ammonia gas,
To make the cyanic acid, there are 4 recipes, the only 1 currently available would be - 20 x Urea in a Destructive Distillation Column (DDC)...

But the DDC requires 3 Printed Circuit Substrates to be made to build it??

I can't do any of the other recipes for cyanic acid as they require future tech which I can't get because I can't make science flasks until I can make a Fawogae plantation - which of course requires printed circuit substrates...

I'm a bit lost and I just need to confirm whether I've added some mods that don't play well together? and maybe get a pointer in the right direction to start.

Thanks all for your help!

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17] Bob's, Angels and Pyanodon

Post by mmmPI »

If you were to upload a save game, that would make easier to sync the exact modpack and have a look ;)

Premier2k
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Premier2k »

Of course, here you go
Attachments
ABP.zip
(4.44 MiB) Downloaded 84 times

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

That just mean i'm gonna try, no guarantee x)

Premier2k
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Premier2k »

No worries my friend. Appreciate you taking a look :D

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

What version of the game are you running ? I have trouble using FNEI with this modpack and the latest experimental version, still searching though :)

Premier2k
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Premier2k »

I'm running latest 0.17 version. Be aware that there is a bug with FNEI currently. You'll need the attached ZIP file to use it.
Just replace this zip with the one in your AppData C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\mods
Attachments
FNEI_0.2.5.zip
(160.75 KiB) Downloaded 87 times

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

I still can't use FNEI, it nevers shows any receipe, instead a greybox with a green text : "receipe_name"
Tried to get the "fix" from mega that is mentionned in the mod portal thread, ended up with the same file you uploaded.
Last edited by mmmPI on Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Premier2k
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Premier2k »

Yeah, that's the bug that's fixed by using the attached FNEI zip file. If you're still getting the bug then I have no idea why. You need to move the old one out and replace the ZIP with the one I've provided.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

I'm not having the exact same "bug" after i replaced with the newer version, it just doesn't display stuff, when click on different button they do not have any effect, it seems broken in all kinds of way, sometimes the little box, disapear i have to use ctrl+E to have it appear again, it had not yet shown any receipe at all, and i used it a lot very familiar with it, it was quite sometime ago, i wanted to have a look at the new receipes and stuff.

Trying with another mod that diplay receipe

EDIT: [Found out i made mistake about FNEI]
From what i have tried so far, only using pyanodon's mod, you have a receipe to manually handcraft the circuit board 1 without needing the printed circuit sustrate, this is probably impossible to automate, it just act a receipe so you can handcraft the first few DCC and get the chain going.
receipemodified.jpg
receipemodified.jpg (157.29 KiB) Viewed 3526 times
The receipe on the left is different with your modpack i checked that. Thus i think that you are blocked because of receipe being modified. If you were to cheat using command maybe you could give yourself one or 2 just in case, or i wonder if you can add a few in a chest with map editor, that could help but might need to be done several times.

Edit 2 :viewtopic.php?p=442595#p442595 It seems someone already reported a similar problem to kingarthur, he says "Without py hightech it looks fine for now, have not gotten far from the ground tho".

Premier2k
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Premier2k »

Hey,

yeah, thanks man. I came up with the same summation myself. It seems there's a compatibility issue with the latest version. PyTBAA needs updating I think.

Return to “Questions, reviews and ratings”