Ingredient tree mod?

Looking for a mod? Have a review on a mod you'd like to share?
Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Ingredient tree mod?

Post by Natha »

Hello,
is there a mod which lets me see all ingredient for a specific item and amount that goes as deep as I want?

For example: I want to know which and how much items I need for 100 green science packs. That would be 100 belts and 100 inserters.
My factory already produces belts, so I dont want to go deeper for them. But for 100 inserters I need 100 gears, 100 iron and 100 circuits (which is 300 cables and 100 iron).
So the output should be: 100 belts, 100 gears, 200 iron, 300 cables...

computeraddict
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Ingredient tree mod?

Post by computeraddict »

I'd point you towards Helmod or Factory Planner. They're not exactly what you're looking for but what you want is a subset of their features.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Anachrony
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anachrony »

I second Factory Planner. It's not instant or effortless to break things down many levels at once, but you can get the information you need. It would be hard for a mod to do exactly what you want fully automatically, because it doesn't really understand why you don't want it to break down belts. That would have to be a choice that you specify to the interface in some way. Furthermore, it's less of an issue in vanilla, but especially for modded Factorio there may be multiple recipes to make the same item, so it's not always going to know which method to use to make it. Factory Planner lets you specify step by step how to break things down, using which recipes, and when to stop breaking it down.

Return to “Questions, reviews and ratings”