I'm looking for a modpack

Looking for a mod? Have a review on a mod you'd like to share?
Oblivion666
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

I'm looking for a modpack

Post by Oblivion666 »

Who has a modpack that adds a lot of new things?
I mean in terms of new buildings, enemies, etc. and whatever else)

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: I'm looking for a modpack

Post by mmmPI »

The mod portal has them all !

If you play a little with the research options it show a list where the first pages are containing most of what i would have written :

https://mods.factorio.com/explore?query ... =relevancy

Those "overhaul" mods usually adds a lot of new things rather than focusing on a single thing so i think any would fit your request but some of them are easier/shorter/requiring less of large factory than others, some of them can be used together, some of them are more recent or frequently updated. It's difficult to recommend something that would be not just my personnal preference.

Have you tried any before ?

I haven't tried them all, but i would rate Krastorio 2 and Exotic industries as somewhat similar in difficulty and a good starter point, they are more recent and easier than the "classic" Bob+angel which was the standard overhaul mod for me for long time,it is still good, and it has several variation like the "seablock" that shows on the list that reuses part of the two sets of mods, it would be longer and intermediate difficulty but no new ennemy in seablock, Nullius is build upon those two too but is more compelling i felt. Space exploration alone is a long modpack to finish and quite difficult, but is the most trending atm, and it is compatible with krastorio 2 which leads to modpack called K2+SE that is very long and maybe not recommended for a first overhaul modpack maybe similar to Pyanodons as to me that would be the longer more difficult modpacks and starting with those would leave little room for even more complexity. ( You could still add some mods like BZ mods that are compatible with some other modpack but then it's a becoming a custom modpack).

dectorio is a nice mod but it doesn't belong to this kind of mod list, it's a bunch of cosmetics additions to make the factory look nicer, so the research is not 100% accurate and I can't speak for those i haven't tested.

Oblivion666
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Oblivion666 »

Almost everything is in my build for 360 mods, but the minus of the build is that I play with bob mods for resources and so on, and they, in turn, do not allow me to launch space exploration as well
and Krastorio 2, 248k I was already able to run on my build, so I was thinking maybe someone has a mod for an even larger number of mods or so that Bobov’s mods would work with robots and Krastorio with space exploration
Screenshot_4.png
Screenshot_4.png (296.66 KiB) Viewed 958 times
Screenshot_3.png
Screenshot_3.png (202.49 KiB) Viewed 958 times
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_2.png (193.61 KiB) Viewed 958 times
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_1.png (288.59 KiB) Viewed 958 times

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Oblivion666 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:29 pm
and Krastorio 2, 248k I was already able to run on my build, so I was thinking maybe someone has a mod for an even larger number of mods or so that Bobov’s mods would work with robots and Krastorio with space exploration
I think i understand better the request now. I don't know much about compatibility.

I saw in the list you have not used mods from :
https://mods.factorio.com/user/brevven

I know they run with Krastorio 2 or alone or with space exploration maybe with your current modpack it would also work to add more ressources i'm not sure.

I think the mod portal search refers to compatibility mod as "tweaks" or "modpack" more than "overhaul".

This one allows to add Py mods to Angel+Bob, not sure if it works if there is also K2 and 248K though.

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/PyCoalTBaA

At this point it's way more mods than i'm using and i am surprised it is even possible to add that many so i'm not sure i can help anymore.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/leighzerfactoricons wrote:Complexity mod that adds 9550 abstract intermediary items to the rocket part production chain.
I haven't tried it, but it sounds like a lot of work if that is what you want :o

Return to “Questions, reviews and ratings”