Remove decorations is not working as I want.

Looking for a mod? Have a review on a mod you'd like to share?
oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Remove decorations is not working as I want.

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

It ends the way it wants to be, nests creep (no decoration) (that's what I want it to be) (it worked before)

I can't handle the end nests creep anymore (I want this to change)

Since I never liked the decorations in the nests of biters, I was saved from time to time thanks to the "Schall Minor Tweaks" mod. The mod description is as follows:

@Schall Minor Tweaks

Remove Decoratives
Decoratives are purely for aesthetics. They do not have any role in the gameplay.
Although you can choose to hide them in Graphics menu, they are still present in RAM and save files. They are still processed in file I/O, leading to longer loading/saving time and larger save files.

But when I returned to the game after a long time, I saw that it was no longer working correctly. I also tried these two modes:

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/No-Decoratives
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Dedecoration

The Show decorations option in graphics settings is also turned off. I disabled all the mods and tried many times with only these mods, but unfortunately I can't remove these enemy ruin decorations anymore like I used to.

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Dectorio There is a Lawnmower tool offered by this mod. This still works (removes residue) but I don't want to mess around manually. Is there a way to get rid of this completely, and why might the Schall Minor Tweaks (Remove Decoratives) that used to work for me no longer work? :/ Thanks for your help.
Last edited by oyunbagimlisi on Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=105093
Beacon domain & Cable access area coloring (Color Tone variations)

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Remove decorations is not working as I want.

Post by sparr »

It's hard to tell from all the screenshots what exactly you're referring to. Can you highlight one of the problematic things?

oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

sparr wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:38 pm
It's hard to tell from all the screenshots what exactly you're referring to. Can you highlight one of the problematic things?
It ends the way it wants to be, nests creep (no decoration) (that's what I want it to be) (it worked before)

---

I can't handle the end nests creep anymore (I want this to change)

Yani şu modun yaptığı işten bahsediyorum. https://mods.factorio.com/mod/CreepCleaner Fakat ben oyun kurulduğunda bunların tamamen devredışı kalmasını istiyorum. Schall Minor Tweaks bu konuda eskiden istediğim şeyi yapıyordu. ama artık sebebini bilmediğim şekilde bu mod işe yaramıyor.

oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

Is there anyone who can help..?

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Your pictures will not load for me on my PC or phone, so I can't even see what you're talking about. (You should've just attached them to your post. That's the best way to ensure people can actually see them.)

That said, most mods that talk about decoratives are not referring to the nest creep, and apparently it's not something that most people care about. There is a mod, however, that will slowly remove it over time from nests that have been destroyed: Creep Cleaner

You can give that mod a try and see if it at least comes close to what you would like.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

For some reason that I don't understand, the SchallMinorTweaks mod works when the Alien Biomes mod is installed. But when I remove the Alien Biomes mod, I cannot use the SchallMinorTweaks -> (Remove Decorative Materials) (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SchallMinorTweaks) feature. This caught my attention with the Alien Bioms incompatibility warning in the description of the Creep Cleaner mod. It is very interesting that, contrary to incompatibility, if Alien Biomes is installed it works, if it is not installed it does not work.

I also tested it by installing new games. (The situation does not change in saved games and new games)

oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Mower

This mod works for me. But doing this manually is troublesome. As I said, when installed with schall minor tweaks alien bioms mod, nests creep does not occur in new games. However, when you remove the Alien Bioms mod, the formation of nests creep continues on the maps.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

This is most likely because the Alien Biomes mod made changes to creep that categorizes it as the same class of decorative as everything else.

I'll take a look at that for my Alien Biomes Tweaked mod in the coming days and add an option to revert that, so mods that work with and expect normal creep will work (like the Creep Cleaner mod).
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

I don't know how or why, but the only problem is that this setting has changed. The residual decoration in the end slots is now removed when the map is created, as I want.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

OK, that's good. Sorry I didn't reply back on this before; I had looked into AB and couldn't find any evidence that it was tampering with creep, so there was nothing I could do on that.

Return to “Questions, reviews and ratings”