Questions about Helmod or Factory Planner

Looking for a mod? Have a review on a mod you'd like to share?
andre2
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Questions about Helmod or Factory Planner

Post by andre2 »

Hi,
I have ongoing problems with the planning mods.
The first one is about all production and consumtion of solid products.
Also I dont know how to plan oil products.

I play Space Exloration, which has alot more products and more complex production lines.

In Factory Planner there is subfactories. This is nice for organizing. But I want a healthy, easily understandable balance of production and consumption and consumption of i.e. metal plates, copper plates, etc. I need to plan everything in one subfactory to get that. But this becomes a mess fast, because of all the lines.

If I do all inputs in a dedicated Subfactory i.e. all the basic things and all the higher grade products like science in another subfactory, I cant easily see what the balances are. Do I have overproduction or underproduction, is the question.
This gets more messy, when more subfactories exist.
I solve that by putting more production of basic products in step by step, like another 48 smelters for iron plate. Until the lines are filled. But this is so clumsy. And despite all the effort, the factory cannot run at full capacity. At least in the actual playthrough with 45h in, I did not have a power outage.

With the liquids it is the same. As it is not easy to plan them in both planners I build more refineries, when i.e. a chemical plant for sulfur does not get enough Petroleum. But this is also on a step by step basis.

In the last game I used Helmod, and did everything in one production line. But that turned out very messy overtime.

How do you do it?

PS: BTW, this forum software is amazing!!! My PC crashed while writing and all text is still there. O_O :o

Return to “Questions, reviews and ratings”