Version mismatch

Looking for a mod? Have a review on a mod you'd like to share?
JustGoFly
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Version mismatch

Post by JustGoFly »

I realized at 4.1.9 that I probably shouldn't go to 4.1.10, since in my mind 4.1.10 is equal to 4.1.1. SO I went to 4.2.00, with plans to use 00-99, which now seems to be blocking players from joining and reports a version mismatch, even though the portal has 4.2.00, and the players have my 4.2.00 mod. It seems to only look at the second digit if the first is >0. Please someone tell me how this versioning works. It's counter intuitive to me.

Stringweasel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version mismatch

Post by Stringweasel »

That should work fine, because V4.2.0 is after V4.1.9 according to the game. There's probably something else wrong. Did you distribute the mod directly to some players? If so, could be that the version they have is different to the version on the portal.

And also, IIRC V4.1.10 is after V4.1.9.
Alt-F4 Author | Factorio Modder
Mods: Hall of Fame | Better Victory Screen | Fluidic Power | Biter Power | Space Spidertron | Spidertron Dock | Weasel's Demolition Derby

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

Not sure about the 0 vs 00 thing, but you should have just gone to 4.1.10 - software versions are not decimal numbers, they are 3 separate integers separated by dots. 4.1.9 -> 4.1.10 is completely standard, and is how factorio itself does it (1.1.9 -> 1.1.10).
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

JustGoFly
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JustGoFly »

Thank You Xorimuth - you are always a wealth of great info.
I do think I'd better upgrade to 4.2.1 soon though, I think the 00 is causing problems with people being able to join a multiplayer game.

Return to “Questions, reviews and ratings”