[1.1.61] Satellite won't find new planets/moons after SE 0.6 update

Looking for a mod? Have a review on a mod you'd like to share?
uguu
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.61] Satellite won't find new planets/moons after SE 0.6 update

Post by uguu »

Hi, this is my first post so I apologize if I do anything wrong, I read the Read Before Posting page.

I got Factorio on a new computer, downloaded all the mods I had, and it appears on my old computer I was using an old version of Space Exploration. (0.5 something I believe). Nothing else is conflicting with the save file, just this satellite issue.

I've only launched 4 satellites previously - 2 for unlocking the system and 2 for unlocking 2 moons, Donn and Damia.

Now when I launch the satellite (with the navigation satellite in it of course...) all I get is a 'dud' sound and nothing else, almost as if there's nothing else to find.

But that doesn't make sense, there should be plenty more to find in the Caeldius system. And even if not it should find a new star then.

Maybe I'm overlooking something, but please let me know what you think, thank you.

uguu
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.61] Satellite won't find new planets/moons after SE 0.6 update

Post by uguu »

I figured it out. I launched it and it did nothing so I launched a second one. That one found a moon.

I think the reason is because the recipe changed for increasing the % for the satellite launch during the update and mine was fully ready to launch with the old recipe.

I tried loading before launching it, and making a new navigation satellite just in case that was it and it was not.

So yeah, launching the one that was filled with the old recipe does nothing no matter what, but launching a second one with the updated recipe works.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [1.1.61] Satellite won't find new planets/moons after SE 0.6 update

Post by Koub »

Good thing you managed to figure it out. I will nonetheless move the thread in the appropriate subforum, so than people in your situation in the future may find it (if they look in the right place that is) :).

[Koub] Moved to Mods > Questions, reviews and ratings
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Questions, reviews and ratings”