Help, Iron and Copper Plate crafting time changed to 48s

Looking for a mod? Have a review on a mod you'd like to share?
zereth
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Help, Iron and Copper Plate crafting time changed to 48s

Post by zereth »

Something changed the Iron and Copper Plate crafting time to 48s and I can't find the cause. I have multiple mods enabled but I've tried turning most of them off until all I have left is Krastorio 2, Space Exploration and their pre-requisites and the issue persists. Anyone know what the cause could be or how to fix it?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Help, Iron and Copper Plate crafting time changed to 48s

Post by Koub »

Don't you have something written in blue at the bottom of the tooltip when you mouse over the iron plates ? If you do, it should be the mod that changes the default iron plates.
There is a way to "forget" and "re-research" a research that adds a specific recipe, but I don't know how to do that for a recipe that's in the base game, not behind a research :s.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

zereth
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by zereth »

Oh, right, why didn't I think of that. Thank you.

Looking it up it says krastorio>space exploration postprocess, which I assume is the compatibility part between the mods and that space exploration is forcing this change. This is support by the fact that space exploration makes a plate every 3.2s and krastorio makes in batches of 15. So it still uses krastorios recipe but increasing the crafting speed to that of space explorations. I don't know how I feel about this. How would I go about editing the crafting speed in the mods?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

I guess there must be :
- either a reason why the mods are balanced the way they are,
- or something overlooked by mod authors when balancing issues happen at the frontier between two mods.

Maybe you can ask to the mod author if this seemingly excessive crafting time is on purpose (if you want to experience things the way mod authors intend them to be balanced like), or you can surely find the recipe in the mod's data and set it by yourself to whatever duration you see fit (if you don't specially care the mod author's opinion on that and just want the game to be as you like it).
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

zereth
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by zereth »

Ok, thank you for your help!

Return to “Questions, reviews and ratings”