What mods are you using - and why?

Looking for a mod? Have a review on a mod you'd like to share?
Mmmmmmorten
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

What mods are you using - and why?

Post by Mmmmmmorten »

Hi fellow factory workers...

In 2019 I posted with the same subject and got super response and tons of cool mods to try out that I had not heard about before. Now 5 years later and closing in on 13k hours of Factorio (and a lot more mods used) I would like to give it another go...

My thoughts on mods and why I use them:
I do still run Factorio in vanilla (or at least I try, then some utility, must have, mods sneak in and suddenly I have 20 bare essential mods in my "vanilla" run.
That being said I spent an awful lot of time following Nefrums speedrun guide to get under 3 hours and stopped at 2h 35m after several hundred of hours practicing and tweaking... (This has ruined my factory layout as I seem to no longer be able to make a bus, all is packed speed-run style)

There are in my opinion two types of mods:
  • Overhaul - often a big mod /mod pack that changes how Factorio plays. (K2, Space Exploration, Nullius, Freight Forwarding, UltraCube etc), and
  • Normal mod - adds or changes specific functions or items in game and I would split these into categories: Utility, Tools, Combat and Cheats :)
In "Utility" I see helper mods that I do not consider changes the vanilla game such as: Squeak-Through-2, Clean Floor, Disco Science, Train Trails, Bottleneck Lite, Enhanced Map Colors etc.
"Tools" as see as helper functions such as FNEI, Helmods, MaxRateCalculator, Picker Dollies, PipeVisualizer, BeltVisualizer etc.
And last the "cheat" mods are things that change vanilla: Bob's Insertes, Bob's Power, LTN, Stackers, Stacksize, QOL, Warehouseing etc.

Now just because I call them "cheat" mods does not mean I see them as cheating... it's a game! I play Factorio to have fun and Overhaul and mods has extended the life of Factorio to unimaginable hours of fun :mrgreen:
Playing an Island mod with Cargo ships or even Freight Forwarding overhaul is tons of fun and makes Factorio a completely different game. The amount of awesome mods out there is mind boggling. If I think of something crazy for Factorio - someone has usually already made of mod for it...
The use of mods are subjective so if you feel a mod is cheating - don't use it.

My approach to what mods to use or not to use depends completely on what I'm doing and my goal for the current game.
I.E. I'm currently testing the overhaul senario "Gridtorio" by sOvr9000. When testing new overhaul mods I try to keep mods to a minimum to get a feel of the mod and how it evolves to the end. But, since I'm old and lazy, some mods are a must anyway, so I started with:
  • Bottleneck Lite - Need to see status on all things and inbuilt is just not good enough. Very helpful to find problem in production.
  • Clean Floor - Removes grass and debris from pathways (brick, concrete etc.) Just nice...
  • Clearwater - Removes the puke green color from water. Like it crystal clear, and so do the fish...
  • Disco Science - Science colors in labs is just fun.
  • Enhanced Map Colors - Change color of belts etc in map view. A must.
  • Even Distribution - Distribute items evenly. Use it and you can't live without!
  • Max Rate Calculator - Calculate max consumption / production of selected asemblers, plants, miners etc. (a must)
  • Module Inserter - Who wants to put in / change modules manually?
  • Pipe Visualizer - Gives a visual layout of pipes with different color for each fluid.
  • Belt Visualizer - same as above, but for belts.
  • Bob's Adjustable Inserters mod - Insert at an angle, diagonally etc. A must in all factories.
  • Picker Dollies - Lets you move placed entities with ease!
  • Tiny Start - Start armor with roboports, power and a few robots (again, I'm lazy)
after playing a bit I added:
  • Warehouseing Mod - Storehouse and Warehoues for up to 1800 stacks storage
  • Deadlock's Stacking Beltboxes & Compact Loaders - just needed to load stuff in and out of chests and get more on belts.
  • Portals - Portal gun (from the game Portal 2) lets you set Orange and Blue portal that you can jump through. Was to long to run back!
That's it!
Some are clear cheats and makes the game easier, but this is what I needed to have fun and continue playing...

I think I have over 400 mods installed (many only tested once), but here are some I often use:
  • Big_Brother - Just more effective radars.. got tired of placing them everywhere to see.
  • FNEI - Very nice to check what is used where.
  • Logistic Train Network - Just love it and often use this to handle my shipment of goods both train and ships.
  • LTN Manager - Shows info about Logistic Train Network in a very nice GUI. A must with LTN!
  • Safe Waterfill - Jupp, megacheat. But when I build big I just can't be bothered piping water from miles away.
  • Stone Water Well - I know how to pipe water, this is just so much easier.. and looks cool.
  • Power Armor MK3 - Who doesn't want bigger, better and badder armor with more inventory space? I certainly do!
  • beautiful_bridge_railway - Railway over water... Yes - why not? Makes sense and I finally can use some wood. A must for Ribbon builds.
  • far-reach - Your active click-range is greatly increased.
  • Quality of Life research - Bunch of QoL stuff to reserach: Reach, speed, inventory, crafting, mining
  • Bob's Power - Expands power with mk 5 boilers and steam and mk3 nuclear power plant. Awesome, but helps if you stack coal or solid fuel as mk5 boilers eat as much fuel at 5 vanilla setups. Only save on space and water.
  • Fill4Me - auto insert fuel / ammo
  • Even Less Advanced Fluid Handling - Great too for big petroleum processing plants, but easier than LAFH.
  • Text Plates - Make signes on builds and stations to keep track of what's where...
  • Display Plates - Visual signes to go with text plates mod.
  • Bob's Greenhouse mod - If I play with no biters, I remove trees and use this to make wood instead.
  • Helmod: Assistant for planning your factory - Jupp, that it does... A must with overhaul mods for planning builds!
  • Cargo Ships - With lots of water you need ships. ton of fun.
  • Hovercraft - With water world this is a must have - fast and fun.
  • Teleporters - Teleport to any other teleporter. Why run or ride car/train/boat/plain when you can teleport directly?
  • Alien Biomes - Very nice and use this sometimes..
That's the most used mods I have and some small info on each. I have a ton of other mods that I tested and did not like (and have not removed), and a lot of mods that are dependencies for all the overhaul mods I have played: Angel & Bob's, Pyanodons, Freight Forwarding, Galdoc's manufacturing, Industrial Revolution 2 & 3, Island start, Krastorio 2, Lunar Landings, More Science, Nullius, Resource Islands, Science Pack Galore (F), Space Exploration, The Nauvitian, UltraCube: Age of Cube and Warptorio 2

Appreciate comments on mods and ideas for helpful mods. Any overhaul mod I have missed and should try?

/old dude
:geek:

r3nt5ch3r
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: What mods are you using - and why?

Post by r3nt5ch3r »

Just some additional utility/qol mods I'm using in nearly all runs:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/TaskList - so I don't forget what I want to do
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/RecipeBook - recipe explorer (very comfortable to ALT+LEFT CLICK nearly every item symbol ingame)
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/jetpack - walking around in big bases is annoying
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/calculator-ui - doing math
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/inbuilt_lighting - too lazy to build lamps
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/FactorySearch - looking for things in your factory
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/inserter-throughput - to see quickly how fast the inserter goes
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/power-grid-comb - make power wires clean easiliy
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/show-max- ... d-distance - too see quick where my underground pipe ends
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Quicksave
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/PickerDollies - move around combinators and other stuff without removing their wires

Mmmmmmorten
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mmmmmmorten »

Hi r3nt5ch3r - got some cool stuff there:
  • TaskList - When playing big overhaul mods I often use ToDoList - nice tool
  • RecipeBook - Installed, but I seem to fall back to FNEI for easy stuff, but this is great too.
  • jetpack - Jupp, had fun with this in SE, but takes up a lot of space
  • calculator-ui - I usually use the on in MaxRateCalculator mod or the Win calc app on my second screen
  • inbuilt_lighting - Have to check this out... Tried Light from Poles, but was buggy with Picker Dollies
  • FactorySearch - Can't belive I forgot this. :shock: You are right - a must have for big robot mall or overhaul where things are everywhere
  • inserter-throughput - ohh nice.. I always look it up on https://factoriocheatsheet.com/ - but this is great - will try it out!
  • power-grid-comb - hmm - got it, but forget to use it, and power lines are a bloody mess :roll:
  • show-max-underground-distance - Nice - know if it works with "Advanced Fluid Handling"?
  • Quicksave - Interesting - big help when going manual biter hunting and saving after each big fight...
  • PickerDollies - using that now - super nice tool!
/old dude
:ugeek:

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Mmmmmmorten wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2024 1:04 am
Appreciate comments on mods and ideas for helpful mods. Any overhaul mod I have missed and should try?
There is another category of mod, that would be "nightmarish mod" or "hard mod" or "painful mod", something like that, adding special rules or enforcing what would otherwise be self imposed challenges. maybe "anti-QoL". It may not be your thing, i'm no masochist, but i found some interesting to try and test such as https://mods.factorio.com/mod/discovery_tree that hide the deeper level of the research tree, changing the planning/thinking challenge of the game particularly when using overhauls. There's several mods i liked in this category, i wouldn't play them all at once but i sometimes use combos to balance some other mods that could otherwise be "too cheaty". ( like " this game i can start with robots, but biters are explosives" ).

In the overhaul, i haven't seen mentionned "Exotic Industries", which i enjoyed playing, and is quite a big overhaul, i would say on par with Krastorio 2 or so last time i played. The research scaling cost is configurable so it can be also "shorter" or "longer" and would recommend as you played other overhaul it was the same situation for me when i discovered it and i found it very refreshing. https://mods.factorio.com/mod/exotic-industries

Other mods i'm not sure where they would fit that i recommend are Nixie Tubes to me they work well with display plate to make dynamic display without having to use many lamps , compact and easy to use. And pushbuttons. I found circuits are rewarding and fun but not easy to get into, and those mods along with picker dollies makes it easier to toy around with them so between Qol and cheat maybe :D

Also i made a mod to add new sounds to speakers, many words, i can't really say i recommend it, but it's most likely you never heard of it :) to make audio signal like in train stations instead of visual signals. And i could totally use some one line feedback ( or more :D ). I saw you mentionned "disco science" and "something crazy" so i would say it is along those lines.

Mmmmmmorten
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mmmmmmorten »

mmmPI wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2024 11:45 am

There is another category of mod, that would be "nightmarish mod" or "hard mod" or "painful mod", something like that, adding special rules or enforcing what would otherwise be self imposed challenges. maybe "anti-QoL". It may not be your thing, i'm no masochist, but i found some interesting to try and test such as https://mods.factorio.com/mod/discovery_tree that hide the deeper level of the research tree, changing the planning/thinking challenge of the game particularly when using overhauls. There's several mods i liked in this category, i wouldn't play them all at once but i sometimes use combos to balance some other mods that could otherwise be "too cheaty". ( like " this game i can start with robots, but biters are explosives" ).
Right, I'm mostly into Factorio for the building challenge, but use biters in overhaul mods etc. I do not do combat mods or mega biter stuff.
I do like (and hate) the discovery tree. UltraCube overhaul use it, and it was actually great. Tried similar with Milstones mod, but did not like that as it restricted progress further until you actually created milestone in-game that opened up next step.
I also played an overhaul that randomized all recipes (forgot name) - but it was horrible. Fun at start as everything was new, but it failed when I got to nuclear as it became impossible to complete...
In the overhaul, i haven't seen mentionned "Exotic Industries", which i enjoyed playing, and is quite a big overhaul, i would say on par with Krastorio 2 or so last time i played. The research scaling cost is configurable so it can be also "shorter" or "longer" and would recommend as you played other overhaul it was the same situation for me when i discovered it and i found it very refreshing. https://mods.factorio.com/mod/exotic-industries
Think it's on my to-do list, same as "Magic mod" overhaul. Think I forgot to mention SeaBlock - fun but hard. I like a challenge, but not sure if I will ever play Pyanodon's again. Pro players use 100's of hours to complete it and I have no hair left on my head to pull out... :roll: (saying that I prob will at some point)
Other mods i'm not sure where they would fit that i recommend are Nixie Tubes to me they work well with display plate to make dynamic display without having to use many lamps , compact and easy to use. And pushbuttons. I found circuits are rewarding and fun but not easy to get into, and those mods along with picker dollies makes it easier to toy around with them so between Qol and cheat maybe :D
Nixie is a must if you need to count or time stuff. UltraCube is a challenge that you really, really need to know (or learn) combinator mechanics. I build a nixie tube timer with h-m-s for my mega cube power station that timed how long the cube spent making power, and how long it lasted. (took me days - so no pro). I will say that I'm a lot better on logic circuits after completing UltraCube! (Try it if you have not done so yet!)
Also i made a mod to add new sounds to speakers, many words, i can't really say i recommend it, but it's most likely you never heard of it :) to make audio signal like in train stations instead of visual signals. And i could totally use some one line feedback ( or more :D ). I saw you mentionned "disco science" and "something crazy" so i would say it is along those lines.
Installed and I will test it out when I set up alarm speakers. And I will need it for Gridtorio (current game) is frustrating as hell with to much and to little mats at the same time :)

Cheers - and have great day at the factory!
/old dude

BrainGamer_
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by BrainGamer_ »

I got some more mods for you (shamlessly including some of my own mods)
Mmmmmmorten wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2024 1:07 pm
not sure if I will ever play Pyanodon's again. Pro players use 100's of hours to complete it and I have no hair left on my head to pull out... :roll: (saying that I prob will at some point)
The first completion time is ~1200 hours :D
If you do want to start a pY playthrough at some point I'll recommend to wait until the next pY mod is complete (pY Stellar Expeditions, somewhat SE but pY style).

DarkShadow44
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DarkShadow44 »

My QoL list: Situational mods: Other mods I love, but are not QoL: Overhauls I might want to play some day:

Mmmmmmorten
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mmmmmmorten »

BrainGamer_ wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2024 2:46 pm
I got some more mods for you (shamlessly including some of my own mods)
Some stuff I know here, and some cool new stuff:
  • Constructron-Continued Used something like this when doing SE - will check this out next time I build spider army for building or defense
  • Blueprint Shotgun - Not my thing.. like my bots (reminds me of Nano stuff)
  • Trainsaver - Never used it, but seen Nilaus use it in Factorio streams.. cool
  • Underground Pipe Connector - got this, but forget to use it.. actually awesome...
  • Automatic Station Painter
  • Automatic Train Painter
  • Fluid Wagon Color Mask
    The train stuff... I usually go with two options: run with LTN where I color all trains and stations green with fueling at depots. Use Automatic Train Painter and Train Trails (cool mods). If no LTN, trains are usually from A to B to A etc. I color Stations after products using the Trian Colors color list and copy / paste these to trains. Use Train Trails and sometimes Automatic Trains Fuel Stop for trains with no fuel (and fuel train) at a delivery station to get fuel on the way.
  • Inventory Repair - Used this, but most stuff is repaired by robots so not used in a while, but should be very good with current Gridtorio as I pick up lots of damages items that would get auto repaired in inventory...
  • Redo - Cool concept, but not something I would need very often... gotta think on this a bit..
  • Rail Deconstruction Planner Not sure I see the use.. only stuff I normally delete is depleted ore stations, and that takes seconds with bots when I get around to it. Don't usually even delete these unless I need the space for new builds...
  • Stranded Train Refuel Logistics Never happens :D
  • Flamethrower Wagon - OK! This looks kind of like a cool upgrade for wall defense support train, or even on Big Bertha...
  • Underground Storage Tank - Nice! I use Bob's if it's installed, or Storage Tank Mk2 for 100k fluids with connections in each corner. But really like 250k tanks so will test this out sometime...
BrainGamer_ wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2024 2:46 pm
The first completion time is ~1200 hours :D
If you do want to start a pY playthrough at some point I'll recommend to wait until the next pY mod is complete (pY Stellar Expeditions, somewhat SE but pY style).
Jupp, mods like Py is why I'm closing up on 13k hours in Factorio...
I can for certainty say there will be no Py run for me until 2.0 is released, and I guess all the Py mods are released for that version of the game. I really liked SE even though it got real complicated with space ship circuit logic at the end.. SE and Py togheter :o :shock:

Thank's for input and some cool new mod ideas! Keep the factory running!

/old dude

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Mmmmmmorten wrote:
Tried similar with Milstones mod, but did not like that as it restricted progress further until you actually created milestone in-game that opened up next step.
I had this with Nullius and disliked it for the very early game, but it felt better mid and late game. I know there something like this for 2.0. but i think it is not aimed at "restricting" but more "guiding".
Mmmmmmorten wrote:
Think it's on my to-do list, same as "Magic mod" overhaul. Think I forgot to mention SeaBlock - fun but hard. I like a challenge, but not sure if I will ever play Pyanodon's again. Pro players use 100's of hours to complete it and I have no hair left on my head to pull out... :roll: (saying that I prob will at some point)
Ultracube is on my to-do list, i just finished a more combat-spaggethi oriented game, i could totally do with some circuits x), but there's also lunar landings and freight forwarding on the list and none of them seem to be compatible with each others. I guess that's still shorter than a PY game to test all 3 :D I played it once long ago, and there are so much more to it now. It's too much for me. I would lose focus after 500 hours i think x).
Installed and I will test it out when I set up alarm speakers. And I will need it for Gridtorio (current game) is frustrating as hell with to much and to little mats at the same time :)
This one intrigued me but i had not read enough feedback to gauge how long/deep a game is. I'm curious to know if it's not too long it may be included in the list too :D

Also thank you for not saying my thing sound like a terribly bad idea, i could ear something like this no problem x). I'm very inexperienced modder and not sure the mod is properly usable beyond the limited use case i had in mind, let alone fun to use. And there's plenty of other mods that adds fun sounds to the game too, like when player dies, or train honks, that inspired me x).

Also there is this Renai Transportation mod that is absolutly crazy, but not in a way that badly break the game and i found unique and very fun to use. I saw it in DarkShadow44 list and is one i know and really like as a vanilla-yet-you-build-your-base-around-it.

Mmmmmmorten
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mmmmmmorten »

DarkShadow44 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2024 6:11 pm
My QoL list:
Wow - a lot of stuff here, I'll look at what's new and not been mentioned so far. (slow now, as I got left hand in cast now... yes, from at fight or sports injury you are thinking... manly man... sorry.. old dude here :ugeek: .... fell getting out of shower... :oops: )
  • Attach Notes Had a quick look and got some interesting features. Bet this takes time getting used to, but nice when implemented...
  • Compact Circuits Got this installed and used with UltraCube playthrough.
  • Gear Girl Character LOL, just LOL! :roll:
  • Queue to Front Now installed and getting used (when I remember)
  • Resource Highlighter (Dark's Version) This IS Cool and I will test this. Does it work with overhauls that got alternative ores etc. ? What happens on mixed pathces like in Gridtorio where all patches are mixed ore?
  • Platforms Gotta think of use for this.. I usually alway have landfill and Safe Waterfill mod.
  • Cursed Filter Miningdrills This is cool.. almost all starter ore are on top so this will save on splitters and spagetti
  • Wire Shortcuts Had it, but forgot to use it...
DarkShadow44 wrote: Situational mods:
  • Fluid Permutations This seems scary! But guess it's very nice on builds where you want two rows, back-to-back... Guess that's why overhaul mods often have mirrored machine options.
  • Solar Calculator Hmm... I use solar often, so this might be a nice planning tool...
  • Cursor Enhancements Oooohhhh... :shock: For when you run out of belts and have just two more to plance :P
DarkShadow44 wrote: Other mods I love, but are not QoL:
  • AAI Loader Used most loader mods, but keep going back to Deadlock's - even made a Deadlock stacker add-on mod myself for Galdoc's manufacturing - ores only. I often play with Bob's Logistics and need loaders that handle the high speed belts.
  • Asphalt Roads and pavement drive assist Used asphalt in K2, but very long since I actively use a car late game... (remember: lazy old dude) Jetpacks, Power armor mk3 with tons of legs and of course my favorite late game.. teleporters...
  • Bio Industries Would have to be with other mods or modpack.. If I need trees I use grenades and for wood usually Bob's Greenhouse or similar..
  • Project Cybersyn It's so hard to use other train mods when you have used LTN for as long as I have now... but have tried TSM that Otaku Showboat swears to as it's the most ups friendly. But, I always go back to what I know... LTN and Manger. For some builds getting multiple trains to unload into same storehouse is just great :) and I really like how few trains you actually need with LTN. A bit of a learning curve to use properly (watch YouTube and mod page).
  • Resource Spawner Overhaul Use it sometimes, but not much the last year...
  • Dectorio See this as top 5 most downloaded, but it's just decorations to spruce up your base right? Found out playing other games - got no artistic genes in my at all... pure function, guess that's why I like Factorio... That beeing said: it's on my to-do list.
DarkShadow44 wrote: Overhauls I might want to play some day:
  • Industrial Revolution 3 Like it.. but slow and much manual...
  • Pyanodons If you have nothing to do for next year or two...
  • Space Exploration Fun, but get's very complicated at end... but very nice progression.
  • Amator Phasmas mods Never heard about.. will look..
  • Krastorio 2 Played several times.. If new to overhaul, do this first! Also done this as a combo with other overhauls...
  • Seablock Also one of my favorites.. Done more than once and in variants, and combos.
  • AngelBob + Clowns Not tried it yet.. .also on list...
  • Fluidic Power Sounds strange...
  • Nullius Jupp.. great fun for a long time...
  • Warptorio This had me stressed out for the early part, but got a lot better towards the end :)
  • Factorissmo only in a factory Not tried yet...
  • Exotic Industries Doing now...
  • Ultracube (currently in progress!) Great fun. completed before 0.5 update came out. Had some issues, and bugged me that no matter what I tried I could not fully automate last tech to re-assemble cube again... and that stopped expansion after completions. But loved the concept! Need to know or learn circuits though...
  • 248k Done...
  • Bitumen Missed this one.. looks cool, complex, but cool.. Added to list...
  • BZ mods Also not tried.. think I have use some of the mods, but not the full package..
Thank's for your input, some nice stuff for me to add to my list.
Have great fun with UltraCube - and keep the Factory running!

/old dude

DarkShadow44
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DarkShadow44 »

Mmmmmmorten wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2024 12:22 pm
[*]Resource Highlighter (Dark's Version) This IS Cool and I will test this. Does it work with overhauls that got alternative ores etc. ? What happens on mixed pathces like in Gridtorio where all patches are mixed ore?
It works with all modded ores. For mixed stuff it becomes less useful, especially for dangOreus where it's almost completely useless.
Mmmmmmorten wrote:
[*]Dectorio See this as top 5 most downloaded, but it's just decorations to spruce up your base right? Found out playing other games - got no artistic genes in my at all... pure function, guess that's why I like Factorio... That beeing said: it's on my to-do list.
Yes, it's for decoration. But also comes with a handy tool to remove decoratives, implements clean concrete as well.

Mmmmmmorten wrote:
[*] Industrial Revolution 3 Like it.. but slow and much manual...
But the steam phase is pretty cool. It also has one of the best graphics I've ever seen.
Mmmmmmorten wrote:
[*] Pyanodons If you have nothing to do for next year or two...
Heh, yes. We played on a server for a while, but people dropped out and it died.
Mmmmmmorten wrote:
Have great fun with UltraCube - and keep the Factory running!
Thanks, will try! I'm already struggling to keep the cube producing all the necessary items, and cliff explosives are so far away. Currently doing a redesign of the main cube-"bus".

Mmmmmmorten
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mmmmmmorten »

DarkShadow44 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2024 3:39 pm
Mmmmmmorten wrote:
[*]Resource Highlighter (Dark's Version) This IS Cool and I will test this. Does it work with overhauls that got alternative ores etc. ? What happens on mixed pathces like in Gridtorio where all patches are mixed ore?
It works with all modded ores. For mixed stuff it becomes less useful, especially for dangOreus where it's almost completely useless.
Really nice - lights stuff up nicely...

:idea: Wish there was a toggle for text caption on the icon for what resource it is, as the big icons cover the site, so can't mouse over. First time I play Exotic Industries, so do not recognize the icons.. Can match it to the Resource Highlighter list, but Text of what it is (as an option) over /under the resource amount would be really nice...

Either way, I'll be using this going forward - thanks!

/old dude

Return to “Questions, reviews and ratings”