Planning is the following tasks:
- a sketchboard-mode: drawing directly on the map with some brush, some kind of graphic layer, that is a bit finer than the map-tiles to enable writing letters, arrows and so on.
- drawing lines, tracks or roads and simple objects like on a plan. I think here to Prison Architects planning mode, which is just more or less a tile-drawing layer, based on tiles that enables to see in-game entities.
- counting of tiles in every direction, just something like a lineal with tile-numbers in each direction
- showing a raster (2x2 raster for trains for example). This is nearly the same as the previous
- placing signs with names, color and comments (important, if you play together with others to give orders for example)
- showing a direction line and distance to that points
- creating, naming, coloring of areas (this is different to placing signs!)
You cannot place entities here! You plan just the place
Cloning works nearly equal as in Prison Architect.
- You can select an area of map you copy from.
- If you copy, everything is copied.
- takes the entities from your inventory.
- The area is not big, I think 8x8, not bigger! Maybe it can researched to be bigger.
- I tries to copy everything; the plan should be also copied. Unclear, what happens, if copy is not possible.
- no rotating! It's just a clone.
- if you don't have the item to place it, it doesn't work, unless you developed the ghosting!
3) Mining area
Something, which enables to mine a (small) area much faster then yet.
- Also not bigger than 8x8 or 10x10
- Select an area, then mine it. Takes a bit time.
- everything goes to the inventory
4) Active planning
This is like ghosting (see further), with the difference, that an active planned item
- isn't needed to place it as active plan.
- doesn't disappear from the plan.
- construction bots won't construct it. It is just planned!
- If you are nearby and have the item you can place automatically.
- you can change the easily item to a ghost.
Ghosting is already known, there are not much changes:
- No more the need to own the real item to place a ghost.
- Ghosts disappear after a time (like now).
- Easy change back to an active plan.
- The construction bots place the items automatically.
- Remove all items in a (very) big area.
- Possible filters per item (include and exclude filters)
- can take up also items from ground (when you mine a full chest)
- is not an item like now.
- Store a (very big) area into a blueprint
- can be stored, saved, loaded, exchanged in some future.
- The items are placed either as ghost or active plan
- can be rotated
- An extra space/belts/rucksack for the blueprints, think to an PDA
- some kind of integrated "map-editor", to edit the blueprint afterwards, would be cool.
7) Construction plan
This is a "program of blueprints", it includes the order, timing and many things which are needed to create self-reproducing factories. Very far, unkown future!
From the research-level:
1) Planning should be available from beginning
2) Cloning has very low costs - about 10-20 red potion
3) Mining should be possible with researching airplane. I think to some very small flying drones, which deconstruct for you.
4) Active Planning should be possible with lasers (lasers needed to show up all the stuff).
5) Ghosting needs logistics.
6a) Deconstruction with the ghosts.
6b) Blueprinting like now
7) Unknown. This is a very far future plan. Unclear if really needed.